sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

SweetPete's Picks/Write Ups WEEK 3! (12-9 ytd)

CFB--12-9 -0.25 Units. Week 3 Picks....

GA. TECH +5 @ Miami (1 unit)
    Despite the fact that I despise both Miami and Florida St., that game last monday between the two was one of the most exciting I've seen in years. Miami is relatively young but showed they have a ton of talent. Ga Tech looked unstoppable vs. Clemson early, but were clearly rattled as the lead started shrinking. The fact that Ga Tech was able to pull it together and escape with a win shows me that they are mentally tough, and believe in themselves. The probably with this game is that Miami is very tough up front on defense which could disrupt GTs running game. I hate betting on intangibles, but I think miami will have a letdown after their emotional win vs. their rival, and I'm counting on Paul Johnson to devise an offensive attack to counter the tough Miami D-Line. Also keep in mind GT has won 4 straight in this series.
    Ga Tech 23-21

SMU -6 @ Wash. St. (1 unit)
    I jumped on this as soon as Bookmaker had it available. It's already moved to -7 and I see it going higher. I don't know jack sh-- about SMU other than they beat UAB on the road saturday. That's all I need to know. Wazzu hasn't given anybody any reason to bet on them. They are awful, and until they can prove themselves, fade away...
    SMU 38-21

More picks to come as the week goes on....

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Looks like you feel about WSU like I feel about New Mexico...GL this week Pete

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about New Mexico! It's Wash St., New Mex. and Miami (OH) who we should fade every week. I'll have to look into their two games.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

W. MICHIGAN -17 vs. Miami (OH) (1.5 units). Total points for Miami in game 1 + game 2 = 0. Last year i waited too long to start fading crap teams, so this year I'm not messing around. WM lost to 2 Big 10 teams and can't wait to unleash on weak competition. I'm not even going to waste my time analyzing this one. WM has superior players, but the most important angle in this game is the fact that Miami has score 0 points in 2 games. Zero. None. Nada. There is no reason to expect a sudden breakthrough in offense. W. Mich 38-7

SMU -6.5 @ Wash. St. (1 unit)
    The spread went from -6 to -7 so fast, I didn't get a chance to double my bet at 6. So, I waited and it came back to 6.5, and I pulled the trigger again. I refuse to bet more than 2 units on any game the first 3 weeks of the year though.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL sweetpete...

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

Thanks Pags. GL to you too this week

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

3 more selections.....

TEXAS -17.5 vs. Texas Tech (2 units)
    The way I see it, everything is pointing to a Texas Blowout. 1. Revenge Factor--LYs game cost Texas a shot at the National Championship. 2) Silence critics--Texas has to make everyone forget about the pitiful 1st half LW @ wyoming, and show they can beat up on a top notch team. 3) Home advantage. As good as they were LY, Tech got blown out @ Oklanhoma, their only tough road game. 4) Talent Edge--Without Crabtree and Harrell, this team can't compete with an experienced Teaxs team. TEXAS 49-20

BOSTON COLLEGE +7 @ Clemson (1.5 units)
    BC seems to always be overlooked. LY was supposed to be a rebuilding year and they made it to the ACC Title game. 2 yrs ago they won ACC road games @ GT, VT, and Clemson, and were in the ACC Title game. Needless to say, this is a program in the ACCs upper echelon. Going to Death Valley will be tough, but I have a feeling the coaches will see what GT did well early on LW vs. CLemson on the ground, and devise a ground game to keep the Clemson offense off the field, and control the clock. I like BC to win outright. BC 23-20

KANSAS -22.5 vs. Duke (2 units)
    More of a lucrative hoops match-up i suppose. Duke just flat out sucks every year, whereas Kansas may be the most underrated team in the Big 12, if not beyond. Duke's win LW gives us some line value for whatever reason, as I see this as a 4TD spread otherwise. Anywho, Kansas will unleash on a porous DUke defense and by the 2nd half, the game will be so lopsided they'll let Coach K and Bill Self call the plays the rest of the way. KANSAS 45-6

Lets Win some Money! I may have 1 or 2 more plays tomorrow.

UnderDog_Philip
    UnderDog_Philip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 936

I like all your picks, another one I like is Baylor(-10.5) covering against Uconn. Baylor looks like an improved team this year, and Uconn is playing with a backup qb on the road. Best of luck sweetpete.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

Quote Originally Posted by UnderDog_Philip View Post
    I like all your picks, another one I like is Baylor(-10.5) covering against Uconn. Baylor looks like an improved team this year, and Uconn is playing with a backup qb on the road. Best of luck sweetpete.
    I agree with you on Baylor. This team is for real this year (strange saying that about Baylor, isn't it). Hopefully we'll cash in this week! Good luck!

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

i guess I should have taken the '3 games in 12 days' angle more seriously in the GT game. Wow, their defense sucked. I hate losing the Thursday game!

One Final Pick...

NOTRE DAME -10 (-105 legendz) vs. Michigan St. (2 units)
    I am like, so due to win a bet on a Notre Dame game. I can never get this team right, but I feel like this could be a big week for the Irish. A BCS game is not out of the question for ND, and as much as I question Weis' coaching skills, I do think he'll have this team refocussed in front of the home crowd Saturday. Both teams are coming off tough losses, but I feel that Notre Dame has more to play for as they still want to make a BCS game. Mich St. has the Big 10 season to concern themselves with (Wisc, Mich, and Ill the next 3 weeks) and may not take this one as seriously as in past years. Just a hunch. NOTRE DAME 45-31

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

One final pick (for real this time)...

Texas A&M -19.5 vs. Utah St. (1.5 units)
    Texas A&M is clearly intending on having a turnaround season, and is enjoying beating up on weak competition. Utah St. cares more about getting a paycheck playing these BCS teams, and is more focussed on how well they do in the WAC. Texas A&M should be able to boost their confidence up another notchis this mismatch. The only 100% guarantee in the game is that the 'Aggies' are going to win, but I also like the chances of Texas A&M winning by more than 3 TDS. A&M 38-10

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like a few of these plays, but have bad feelings on some & will probably only be with you on TAMU.

Liked KU at first.......although I missed the really soft line on KU last week. They may have the upcoming USM occupying their minds just enough for a DUKE cover.......doubt it but worried enough for me to pass.

TAMU is good to go IMO, they have another soft game on deck in UAB, so no look ahead here........a win by 3-4 TD's is a conservative estimate.

Everyone & their brother on UT.........that always bothers me immensely.

I just can't see SMU in the fav role on the road.......WSU or not.......but hope you CASH this.

GL this week pete!...............KILL those books.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

Quote Originally Posted by nevadaside View Post
    Like a few of these plays, but have bad feelings on some & will probably only be with you on TAMU.

Liked KU at first.......although I missed the really soft line on KU last week. They may have the upcoming USM occupying their minds just enough for a DUKE cover.......doubt it but worried enough for me to pass.

TAMU is good to go IMO, they have another soft game on deck in UAB, so no look ahead here........a win by 3-4 TD's is a conservative estimate.

Everyone & their brother on UT.........that always bothers me immensely.

I just can't see SMU in the fav role on the road.......WSU or not.......but hope you CASH this.

GL this week pete!...............KILL those books.

Seriously, I haven't seen a single person pick texas Tech to cover. You're right, that tends to be worrisome. UT seems to be such a better team though, and with the revenge angle, Nat. Champ. hopes, etc., I just can't see Tech staying in it. As far as Duke goes, I don't even think they'll show up for this one. They only scored more than 7 pts on the road one time last year! I just hope be go over .500, and I'll be happy. Good luck with your bets this week!

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

Gotta love the Kansas 4th Quarter front door cover. Now if I can get a BC 4th Q Back door cover....