Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

My Biggest Play Of The Year

Alabama +2 vs Oklahoma State

Granted Alabama is 6-6 this year but look who they lost to and how they did it.

Arkansas Bama lost by 1 point Field goal kicker Tiffan who is no longer the FG kicker missed 3 FG that would have won the game Arkansas currently ranked 12th in the NCAA

Florida Bama lost by 15 but the score is misleading Alabama was winning the game 10-7 at the half and 14 of Floridas points came off of 4th quarter interceptions. Florida is ranked 2nd in the NCAA and will play for all the marbles.

Tennessee Bama lost by 3 but kicked Tennessees Butt the entire game. At the start of the 4th quarter bama had the lead 13-6.
    Tennessee currently ranked 17th in the NCAA.

Mississippi State Bama lost by 8--- I cant defend this one Bama just stunk it up in this one. This is why Bama doesn't have a coach right now.

LSU beat Bama by 14. LSU jumped on Bama early and never let up. Bama was able to hold LSU to only 7 points in the second half. LSU is currently ranked 4th in the nation.

Auburn beat Bama by 7. A hard fought game by both sides. Auburns currently ranked 10th in the NCAA.

5 of Alabamas 6 loses came from schools that are ranked 2,4,10,12,17.

Oklahoma State lost to unranked Houston, Kansas State and Texas Tech against ranked teams they lost to Nebraska by 12 Texas by 26 Texas A&M by 1 Oklahoma by 6.

The loss of Alabamas head coach will help the team.
    Joe Kines Alabama interem head coach was asked by Paul Finebaum a local sports media guy what fans could expect from Alabama in the Bowl game. Kines stated that Alabama would be running a wide open Offense. When Finebaum asked why Alabama had not ran a wide open offense all year Kines replied Mike wont be in the way.

My Play Of the bowl season ALABAMA +2 i'll be on the money line myself possibly even selling points to boot. GL all.
    Last edited by Aces; 12-25-06 at 06:37 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Bama in this game as well bro.

BOL bud

Aces

Big Boy now that you've said that I'm doubling my bet.

bigboydan

Don't double your bet based on who I like bro, because I'll feel terrible if we lose.

Aces

LOL...

Merry Christmas BBD

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I like ALA too but won't be playing them. A lot of good things going for you here with ALA. Better defense and expeience. Not to mention last year ALA faced a high powered offense in Texas Tech and really shut them down. Good luck Aces...

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Alabama will be one of my plays as well this season.. GL my friend..

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I'd play Oklahoma St if I were betting this game. Alabama won't be able to stop them from passing the ball.

bigboydan

The thing that scares me about Bama is the coaching. However, I don't feel that will be a big issue in this match up.

imgv94

Tease

BAMA +8.5 to LSU -2.5

Aces

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    Tease

BAMA +8.5 to LSU -2.5
    Looks Nice could add UCLA

Bama + 12.5
    LSU + .5
    UCLA +6.5

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I also love this play. After watching Bama throw the game against Auburn away with Mike Shula's lousy coaching, I immediately had them pegged as a must-bet as a 6-6 team in a bowl game getting points. Even more so once he was fired.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Im also liking Alabama here. I hope we are all right and can cash this one on Thursday.

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have some very close losses to good teams, but any really convincing wins?

Aces

Quote Originally Posted by shrax4
    Good point Shrax Hawaii 25-17 Vandy 13-10 Ole Miss 26-23 Duke 30-14

But you have to look at the style of coaching. Shula tried to coach Alabama like a Pro team. Win by 3 points at the end or with a goal line stand very similar to the way Stallings did with the National championship team. Alabama could have rolled up any of the teams it beat by double digits but the coaching style was get a lead and let your D keep it for you. This cost Alabama some games ie Tennesse Florida Arkansas. Alabama had the lead in all these games and then the play calling went run, run, pass, punt. This will not be the case with a rookie coach. This is his chance to show the world what he can do. He will not let up if he gets a lead. If he can win by 40 he will. I love betting on Hawaii for this reason June Jones can be winning by 30 points with 2 minutes left in the game and he will throw a hail mary into the end zone. He plays ball for 60 minutes stop him if you can; if you cant get ready for a whippin. I think this is what you will see out of Alabama this week not a 40 point masacre but 60 solid minutes of SEC football.

Aces

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew
    I also love this play. After watching Bama throw the game against Auburn away with Mike Shula's lousy coaching, I immediately had them pegged as a must-bet as a 6-6 team in a bowl game getting points. Even more so once he was fired.
    Bama is definately better off without Mike. The players are excited about the opportunity to open things up a bit. This isnt a case of a team down in the dumps because the coach is gone. They were throwing him under the bus when he was there. Bama will be fired up. I'm from Bama but that doesn't make me a homer if you check my Prick picks I bet against Alabama as well as for them I took Mississippi as well as Auburn this year vs Alabama (Both winners). The only Alabama game I've lost this year was vs Florida and Alabama had the spread covered until the 4th quarter interception at the end. If I'm wrong this one will cost me big but this one is an easy pick for me.
    Last edited by Aces; 12-26-06 at 01:20 AM.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

aces,

excellent thoughts here...glad that I'm "blindly" playing Alabama with you...GL bud...

Aces

Onlooker Pags Big Boy Dan IMGV Buddy Bear Seatttle Slew pretty elite company here.

I never use the L--- word but this has key turn written all over it. When this many buy into a play its time to hammer down. Razz hates Alabama but if he jumps on this with us I'm getting a second mortgage.

imgv94

Everyone on another forum likes Okla St which is good.. Let's make this the SBR Consensus play!!

I'll definitely start a thread!!! GL bro!!

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

Quote Originally Posted by Aces
    Onlooker Pags Big Boy Dan IMGV Buddy Bear Seatttle Slew pretty elite company here.

I never use the L--- word but this has key turn written all over it. When this many buy into a play its time to hammer down. Razz hates Alabama but if he jumps on this with us I'm getting a second mortgage.
    Count me in too, Aces . . . just got word ol' 'bama boy Joe Namath has guaranteed a victory! LOL

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Count me in.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

amazing that the crimson tide is a dog here...hmm. Maybe dropping last 3 and 4 out of last 5 including 8 point loss at Miss St a factor.
    Their 6 wins were all at home hosting Hawaii, Vandy, L. Monroe, Duke, ole Miss and Fla int'l.

Oak st rolls IMO...But GL~
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 12-26-06 at 11:30 AM.

Aces

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    Everyone on another forum likes Okla St which is good.. Let's make this the SBR Consensus play!!

I'll definitely start a thread!!! GL bro!!
    If the other forum is on Oklahoma State thats like Corso picking Oklahoma State. Its always a good thing for the other team. My plays are in good luck everyone.

prickbeater101
    prickbeater101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hell,count me in too!! Alabama is a good football team and lets remember just last year they were 10-2. I saw how conservative Shula got wih them in some close games which in my opinion cost them. The two games that stand out the most this year are Auburn and LSU. Both good teams and Alabama played them extremely hard. I just don't think Ok St. is nearly as good as these two teams. If they open it up, then you will see just how god a running back Darby really is. This guy is a stud...I am with you Aces. Love this play

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well fellas, I was already on Bama in the LARGE bowl pool that I am in straight up... Now that I see so much backing on the Crimson Tide, I think I'm gonna throw a nice chunk on them as well...
    I was just looking into this game a little more and here are 2 key games from Bama's season that I like...
    @ Arkansas L 24-23
    @ Tennessee L 16-13
    I realize these were both losses, but ARK and TENN are both top 3 in the SEC and they hung in there with them, plus both games were on the road... Also, they should have beat Auburn in the Iron Bowl, and had respectable showings against Florida and LSU... I feel that Bama has played a lot better teams this year... Looking at Oklahoma State's season, there is nothing that really jumps out at me... Just a 6-6 team that got to a bowl because of being in a big conference... While the same could be said about Alabama, I believe they are the better prepared team! Let's do this!

Last edited by Peyton2MarvinN06; 12-26-06 at 11:01 PM.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Good luck Payton....I watched a lot of ALA football this year and they are a better team than their record indicates....

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

I agree with the play in principal, and will be on Bama as well.

However, Aces, you should probably point out that you're a Bama fan, and that this is therefore, technically, a 'homer' bet.

There's no questioning your record, you have run away with the BTP contest and are obviously a solid handicapper. But even if being a Bama fan makes you a sharper bettor because you have seen so many of their games, it also tends to affect your ability to look at the game impartially.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Aces

I could only play Bama, I just am hesitant to play a team with a very questionable mindset. I think Kines is a really good coach, he's been the best coach in the state since Chizek left, but still it's hard to imagine some of the seniors caring about this game. I heard Tim Castille say he didn't even want to go to a bowl game.
    On the other hand, you would have to think if they have any pride at all, they will want to use this game as a launching pad for next season. Also, Alabama has enough tradition that they should have enough motivation to not finish the season with a losing record.
    Actually I think the best play in this game is over. As Aces mentioned, Alabama isn't going to hold anything back here. They will be much more aggressive, and I don't see OSU's secondary being able to stay with Bama's receivers, who, as a group, are as talented as any in the nation. Wilson is a year away from being first-team SEC quarterback, but he can still have a big day against OSU. The last team the Cowboys played with receivers comparable to Alabama was Texas Tech, who put up 34 - though it should have been much more, as penalties and turnovers took away at least 10 Red Raider points. Hopefully Kines also makes better use of Jimmy Johns, who is much more explosive than Darby.
    If Alabama does what it says it will do, and has an attacking game plan, that will leave a lot of points available to the Cowboys, because I think they have one of the most unheralded offenses in the country. This is a team that put up 40 on Nebraska, and they can do the same here - or at least come close to it - if whippin' rag scores quickly, which they should. Alabama's defense last season was very good, but not so much this season. They can't really take away the running game like they did last season, and that leaves their secondary open to get gashed. I also think the dimension of the running QB is going to be difficult to defend, because they haven't seen that other than a couple plays from Tim Tebow this season.
    Just a guess, but I'll say 34-31 Alabama.
    Best of luck Aces, I hope you and everyone else that have whippin' rag +2 win your bet by exactly 1 point.

bigboydan

Heres the latest consensus numbers on this game:

Oklahoma St vs Alabama (Independence Bowl)(ESPN)

Oklahoma St 64.81%
    Alabama 35.19%
    6684 Bets
    I guess were are in the minority liking bama in this one guys.

Aces

Good idea Razz Oklahoma State seems to give up about 27-30 points a game. If I play a side it will be the over.
    Kansas K State Baylor Houston and Texas Tech all racked up 25-30 points on them.

Big Boy Dan I like that even better (when I'm on the same side as the book that is.)

The only thing that scares me is that only two teams have scored more than 25 on Alabama this year LSU and Florida scored 28 each and I cant see Oklahoma State coming anywhere close to what Florida and LSU did.
    Last edited by Aces; 12-27-06 at 06:15 PM.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I have no problem with Alabama punting a lot in this game. The Bama defense can make some plays. The key is for the offense not to turn the ball over and get behind early. Bama getting the lead early will be key.

imgv94

Let's win this fvckin game guys!

Aces

If it doesn't hit I'll need donations for gas money next week.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

sounds good imgv...let's do this shit...

Cardfan
    Cardfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The troubling thing I see is Bama not putting many points on the board. Throwing out the Florida International game, they have put up 15 (Auburn), 14 (LSU), 16 (Miss St), 13 (Tenn), in the last 5 games, and only 13 (Vandy) early in the season.

I don't see OSU being held to under 21 points, and Alabama will struggle to score that many. OSU only scored 10 (Texas), but 21 and better for all the rest.

It seems offense is winning more than defense now days. I guess that's the Petrino coming out of me.
    Last edited by Cardfan; 12-28-06 at 05:35 AM.

12 Last