Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Emerald Bowl

Wednesday December 27th, 2006

FLORIDA ST (6-6) at UCLA (7-5)

UCLA has an awesome run defense and Florida State has a very poor run game. FSU will need to air it out and control turnovers because they are -10 this season.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I like Florida State here as UCLA already won its Bowl game over USC, and they will probably be the more disinterested club in this game.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Im liking Florida State plus the points and the OVER in the Emerald Bowl. I will see how things go from now to kick off.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a tough time betting on a team that can't complete a forward pass...but what the hell do I know since I've been sucking it up in bowl season...

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9438

I like FSU here as well based on the same premise. Plus, the Pac 10 mid-tier teams have sucked in two games so far. FSU's defense is pretty good and likely better than most defenses UCLA has faced in the Pac 10.

Bowden's teams have been terrific in bowl games, even covering last year against Penn State when they clearly were outclassed.

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits
    I like Florida State here as UCLA already won its Bowl game over USC, and they will probably be the more disinterested club in this game.

pags11

a couple of things to note in this game...I really think Dorrell's getting better as a coach...still wouldn't classify him as a great coach, but I think he's moved into the realm of "good" at least...not too sure about Bowden and his whole staff...there is a lot of turmoil amongst them with Jeff getting fired...also important to note that RB Smith will be out for this game (as he was their go to RB at the end of the year)...I also am expecting for Ben Olson to get ample playing time in this one and while he may have a lot of rust, UCLA's big play potential on offense increases dramatically...it will be an interesting one to watch...GL guys...
    Last edited by pags11; 12-27-06 at 02:29 AM.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Respectfully, UCLA will not be "disinterested in this game" IMO, but they will be focused to beat another "respected team" (well not much respect this year), and they have not played their bowl game yet but will be ready to do so. UCLA will play with UCLA pride....we're talkin So.Cal here.

Waiting to snatch me up some UCLA.....but time is my friend on this one....why lay what I don't have to.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Quote Originally Posted by nevadaside
    Respectfully, UCLA will not be "disinterested in this game" IMO, but they will be focused to beat another "respected team" (well not much respect this year), and they have not played their bowl game yet but will be ready to do so. UCLA will play with UCLA pride....we're talkin So.Cal here.

Waiting to snatch me up some UCLA.....but time is my friend on this one....why lay what I don't have to.

pags11

atta kid nevadaside...

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Line is down to -3....I've heard the weathe is not great in SF tonight...anyone have an update?

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

Ucla-3

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear
    Line is down to -3....I've heard the weathe is not great in SF tonight...anyone have an update?
    Out here on the West Coast, Doppler showing storm has past over SF & nothing else coming in. Forecast shows clearing with decreasing winds this afternoon. Should be ok by game time.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good call nevadaside. Playing UCLA and the under.

babaoriley

Sorry, UCLA and OVER!!! 38.5?

MickChunky
    Dillishaw +715!
    MickChunky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

UCLA -3
    Wow only laying 3

WVUMountaineer1187
    WVUMountaineer1187's Avatar Become A Pro!

UCLA and the Under

In this game, you almost have to take UCLA and the UNDER. First, the game is in San Fran, a short trip for UCLA, a cross country journy for FSU. FSUs team is falling apart, bowden is revamping his coaching squad after this season, the team is in shambles.

There's going to be 20-30 mph winds at this game, so passing will be cut severely, which means lots of a running, and lots of running mins off the clock.

Even the greatest coaches can have losing seasons, and after this game, Bowden will most certainly have one. UCLA and the UNDER - LOCK!!!

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by WVUMountaineer1187
    In this game, you almost have to take UCLA and the UNDER. First, the game is in San Fran, a short trip for UCLA, a cross country journy for FSU. FSUs team is falling apart, bowden is revamping his coaching squad after this season, the team is in shambles.

There's going to be 20-30 mph winds at this game, so passing will be cut severely, which means lots of a running, and lots of running mins off the clock.

Even the greatest coaches can have losing seasons, and after this game, Bowden will most certainly have one. UCLA and the UNDER - LOCK!!!
    The under has bee hammered down to the 37-38 point range. I'm willing to take a DST TD or 2 and some good running. Under 37 is A tough play. Teasing it doesn't fare much better.

babaoriley

But I agree with the ucla -3;;;

WVUMountaineer1187
    WVUMountaineer1187's Avatar Become A Pro!

I realize its hard to take under 38 in college, but those winds are gonna mess up an already awful offense for FSU. There's gonna be lots and lots of running.

Teasing might be a good idea, you guys really think there's gonna be more than 6 TDs in this game???

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heres the latest consensus numbers on this game:

Florida St vs UCLA (Emerald Bowl)(ESPN)

UCLA 61.46%
    Florida St 38.54%
    22532 Bets
    I'm thinking this number will drop a little as we get closer to game time.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Ucla -3

Noles2006
    Noles2006's Avatar Become A Pro!

'Noles, baby!!!

We'll be back in a big way in 2007... look for the new offensive coordinator announcement shortly after the Sugar Bowl... [more changes to come, including a new quarterbacks coach, running backs coach, and WR coach...]