babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Holiday Bowl: TAMU vs Cal

I tried to find another thread about this game but didn't see one. I think this warrants it's own thread as this is my lock of the bowl season. A&M has 3 losses (TX. Tech, Oklahoma and Nebraska) by a total of 6 points (4,1,1, respectively). They are 5.5 point dogs, and this screams value. Not sure if Cal playing in-state at the Holiday Bowl has anything whatsoever to do with this, though TAMU travels VERY well, especially in light of recent failure seasons. I think TAMU wins outright, I like the Under, but for the cautious amongst you, tease TAMU up to 11.5 and the Under to 58. Only three times has a TAMU game gone over 58 this season, (Texas Tech, Ok. State, and one other). I don't UNLOAD in the conventional sense, but I will be placing an atypically large wager on several facets of this game. Definitely going with the 6-point teaser, then probably A&M on the ML and the Under. If this thread already exists, then I apologize, but as a UT alum, fan who has followed the Big XII studiously this season, I truly think this is the best bowl play.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Babaoriley, Texas A&M I feel is clearly the better team here. I will be wagering on the Aggies on the ML in this game.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

I agree with Dan on this game. I like the Aggies in this game. I think I will just stick with the points, and maybe a small wager on the moneyline.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

CAL over rated all season (common w/pac 10).
    Surprised this isn't closer to P-2 point spread. GL~

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Great thread.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

I also love Texas A&M in this game. Very impressed in their win over Texas. Defense played well and QB ran the offense well. They could easily be a 10-1 team and in a better bowl than Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas A&M is a very physical team and even though I'm not crazy about the guy, coach Fran did a good job overall with them...one has to question Cal's motivation in this game as well, not to mention their erratic QB play..."blindly" picking A&M in this game...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like it's pretty much even action so far on this game according to the consensus numbers:

Texas A&M vs California (Holiday Bowl)(ESPN)

Texas A&M 53.04%
    California 46.96%
    I'm thinking we will see more A&M money coming in as we get closer to game time.