Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hawaii Bowl

Sunday December 24th, 2006

ARIZONA ST (7-5) at HAWAII (10-3)

I guess the only question is can Arizona State slow down Hawaii's explosive passing attack. I think that ASU can also exploit Hawaii's weak secondary, but think they will need to force some to's to stay in the game. I have a heavy lean towards the under.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I'm liking Arizona St here to cover. I think this will be a close game, and since Arizona St can't hang offensively, I agree that it will be low scoring (or lower than is expected)>

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm liking the under myself LLXC.

I know these totals on the island are always high for the home team. However, I feel this one is about a TD off of what it really should be.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Spread is too much, but very worried about backing a mid Pac 10 team after Oregon's showing on Thursday. Proceed with caution. Plus, ASU's coaching staff is likely gone after this game. The head coach is fired, and who knows how many coaches Dennis Ericson will keep on. Have to question the preparation level.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Leaning ASU and the points. Might leave it a lone.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Personally, I don't think 6.5 is enough against Brennan and his offense... Oregon State made them look pretty normal in the last game of the season, but they are a lot better team than ASU... I think Hawaii wins this game by atleast 10... Hard to bet against Hawaii in their own stadium and with the home crowd... Just a thought...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew
    Spread is too much, but very worried about backing a mid Pac 10 team after Oregon's showing on Thursday. Proceed with caution. Plus, ASU's coaching staff is likely gone after this game. The head coach is fired, and who knows how many coaches Dennis Ericson will keep on. Have to question the preparation level.
    Very valid point you makes here about the coaching staff Slew.

Cutter will be coaching this team on Sunday, and thats a scary thought. You just don't know what to expect out of this lame duck team/coaching staff in this game. I think that whole ASU team could be thinking of this trip to the islands as a vacation.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I think you should see a good effort from the ASU players. They know Erickson will be watching this game, and evaluating players for next season. It's also nice to try and send a fired coach out on a win.

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Already placed my bet on Hawaii -6.5 3 units.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Want to bet this damn game but can't get a good grip on it. pags, razz, or/and imgv have any thoughts.?

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I, too, like AZ State here. I think that, barring a major problem, the Sun Devils should score in the 30s. The question is: can Hawaii be stopped?

Having seen what we have seen out of Hawaii recently, they haven't fared very well versus the big time conference teams (ie Oregon State and Purdue and earlier in the year Alabama; Bama scored 25 on this defense...that's like 50 for anyone else). I think Hawaii will score their points but AZ State should be able to keep them from scoring outlandishly.

Dan's concern about Koetter and the coaching staff is legit and it concerns me as well. I'll roll the dice and take a gander on the Sun Devils. All-in-all, the Sun Devils have played OK with a couple of bad hickups @ Oregon and at home vs UCLA. I'll ride their "consistency" and play the Sun Devils.

E

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Ebone that avitar is both funny and sad. Fvcking kid looks like a proud bullfrog . makes me smile every time.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Call me sick, but Im actually leaning toward the OVER in this game. I hate big totals like that, but the Hawaii Bowl has gone over easy the last 5 years. Shouldnt be no different this year, with the offense Hawaii has. Its just a matter if ASU can keep up with them.