caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

Las Vegas Bowl

Ok lets see who is picking who. Right now I am 0-1 for the bowl games. I figured NI would hang in a little better than that but they never had a chance. So for Thursday night football we have BYU Vs. Oregon. Right now the line I see is
    (-3) BYU. My pick for this game is BYU all the way. BYU has been a money maker this year lets see if they can keep it up.

nasdaq888
    nasdaq888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10992

My pick is Oregon on the Money Line (ML)....

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nasdaq888
    My pick is Oregon on the Money Line (ML)....
    Likewise bro.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

A little ways back I got OR +4.5 . . .

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL guys...

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Oregon lost there last 3 games. leaning BYU and laying the 3.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

I determined early on to fade MAC and PAC 10 for the most part this bowl season. TCU came through for me last night, now lets see if instinct's are correct. BYU looks like their teams of old...I am laying the three.
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 12-20-06 at 07:20 AM.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I too am looking at BYU -3. Oregon is limping into this one having lost their last 3. I realize that Oregon has played a better schedule than BYU but that loss at home vs Arizona bothers me tremendously. Then, after that shellacking, the Ducks can't beat their biggest rival, Oregon State. Oregon sure looks tempting but these last 2 games on their schedule make me think they have tanked.

Does anyone know whether Dixon or Leaf is the starting QB for Oregon? I haven't seen that anywhere.

E

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

Quote Originally Posted by EBone
    I too am looking at BYU -3. Oregon is limping into this one having lost their last 3. I realize that Oregon has played a better schedule than BYU but that loss at home vs Arizona bothers me tremendously. Then, after that shellacking, the Ducks can't beat their biggest rival, Oregon State. Oregon sure looks tempting but these last 2 games on their schedule make me think they have tanked.

Does anyone know whether Dixon or Leaf is the starting QB for Oregon? I haven't seen that anywhere.

E
    I like BYU. I dont't like the way Oregon finished up and I don't think it's that easy to turn it on after 3 poor outings and a long lay off. The only thing I could fin on the QB for Oregon was this.

Oregon quarterback Brady Leaf is ‘probable’ against the Cougars with an ankle injury.

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

Wow! The over/under is 62 right now and looks like the majority of the public is jumping on the over. Still don't know if I am going to touch the o/u on this game. If i put a small wager on it I will take the Over 62. Vegas must plan on someone running up the score.

bigboydan

I know both teams can put up points, but with the long lay off and the new clock rules they have put in this year i'd have to go with the under here.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was starting to lean UO in another thread, but further research has me thinking the following:

With UO's Quarterback issues, they're best shot may be running Jonathan Stewart........and with UO's 10th ranked pass defense, BYU may be running a little more as well.....as UO's run defense seems to be one of their problems.
    Leaning Under 62 for those reasons.

1. BYU should be focused with no real problems to be sorted out before this game.....which is an advantage over OU having to remedy problems that left some season ending losses plus get ready for BYU.
    2. BYU will play the "entire" game for their school as well as some MWC respect.
    3. The stands should be full of BYU backers.
    4. Only downside I see is BYU's schedule is weak, bothers me when teams look so good but aren't playing major conference opponents week in & week out.
    Leaning BYU-3

No date was posted with this-
    ROSTER REPORT: Oregon's Brady Leaf, the projected starting quarterback, has been slowed in bowl workouts by a high ankle sprain. Leaf took over the starting job from Dennis Dixon in the regular season finale. Leaf is expected to start, but both players could see playing time against BYU in the Las Vegas Bowl. The Ducks suffered a major loss when linebacker Blair Phillips was knocked by a knee injury.

Couldn't find anything else on this but, was Phillips already hurt before the end of the season or is this a new development? Lines not changing so...........?

Razz-
    Thanks for posting in the other thread regarding UO, got me thinking further.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL guys...

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

byu -3 ***** count em 5 units.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be White U -3!!!!!!!

bigboydan

confident are we HB

I do happen to have the other side in this game, but I still would like to wish Razz and you luck.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

BYU looks like a good play to me as well especially when you look at their 9-2-1 record against the spread this season. And this is the lowest spread they've had to cover all year. Go Coogs!

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

That is what I am looking at there ATS and how much better they look on paper and how the Ducks have been struggling over the past few weeks of the season.

rta21
    rta21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 155

i took byu -3 and under 62