taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

The ACC -- Fade it. ...

This conference was really bad this year, IMO.
    We've got 8 of the 12 teams in bowls, and I think you make money by fading all of them.
    FSU v UCLA
    UK v Clemson
    Maryland v Purdue
    BC v Navy
    V Tech v Georgia
    Miami v Nevada
    Geo Tech v West Virginia
    Wake v Louisville

I don't much like UCLA, and they have already won their 'bowl' game, but FSU is not the FSU we all know and love or hate. I see a few under bettors already on this one.
    Clemson probabaly better than UK, but will they cover? Will they even win? I'm never too unhappy taking the SEC against the ACC.
    Purdue better at the end of the year than they were in the middle. Maryland just plain middling team. This year I'll take the Big Eleven over the ACC.
    BC-Navy I know all about BC's bowl record. They're located less than 20 miles away from my home. I think coach leaving is going to hurt.
    VPI may be the ACC's best, with all due respect to Wake. They also get one of the tougher bowl opponents. If I play one ACC team , it will likely be Beamer's boys.
    Miami, despite their wealth of apparent talent, don't score much. Motivation a real key here. How are the Canes going to like playing in Boise, Idaho in December?
    Geo Tech should not beat WVU. Maybe they cover? WVU can score. Ga Tech has Reggie Ball.
    Wake keeps finding ways to get it done, but I think Big East has it all over ACC this year. And Louisville is Big East's best.
    I don't like to 'package bet' but ACC looks like a good fade conference to me. It will be interesting to see.
    Any ACC supporters on the Forum??

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm thinking about taking a few ACC teams in those bowl games. The one team I know for sure i'll be fading is the Canes.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I happen to like Va. Tech over UGA... I happen to like the UNDER in this game as well... I can definitely see a 20-14 or 17-14 game here... I am with Dan, REALLY liking Nevada ML against Miami... Really liking Wake getting 10... Other than that no strong opinions...

Best of Luck!

Last edited by Peyton2MarvinN06; 12-20-06 at 03:20 PM.

taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

bigboydan- Most of the people I've 'talked to ' who are fading Miami are also fading FSU. And Vice versa. Interesting.
    Neither team has played up to its capabilities, and the question is _ Why would they start now?
    Best of luck in your plays.

peyton- Like I said, if I play one ACC team it will be VPI.
    I'm thinking Louisville just might be too explosive for Wake. ??
    Not a totals guy, but good luck to you.