TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

hey pags11, I must say I appreciate you being back in action this year and I heard many good things about you at the bash this year. Hopefully you will be able to attend one in the future but like I said, everyone had really good things to say and were hoping you would be back this year. take care man

snapstick
    +100 units or bust
    snapstick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got Iowa St @ +7

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Good call with Iowa St. They almost always keep this game close. I'm buying the extra 1/2 pt. to be safe.

BGS 9.5
    BGS 9.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3653

BOL on the week 2 card Pags

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Booked it at +7 on Bookmaker but at -110

clowncar
    clowncar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Not getting any sleep. You and kenny are killing me.

good luck this week buddy.

twentyonekid
    twentyonekid's Avatar Become A Pro!

PAGS,lets knock em dead this week pal.....good luck

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Good Luck next week

ksufan19
    ksufan19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Quote Originally Posted by ksufan19 View Post
    was hoping for some good picks for may 12th, i don't think i'm doing anything that day.

GL this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    ksufan19,

it's always good to take the day off when it's college football Saturday...
    was trying to make a joke out of the thread title...guess it was too subtle.

i like the iowa st play, every year it always looks scary to take the clones in this game yet every year no matter how hopeless it looks they come through. TD at home is a gift.

Flaghunter
    Flaghunter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags..I always look forward to your write ups. I wanted to ask and see how far you look down the schedule? I started getting into this a little more after following your guidance last year. I have picked some games from this week and will do a little nose grinding myself to learn the ways of making a decent decision. I have seen that some of the higher profile games get a little to much attention and I want to try some of the games off the beaten path. I understand all games are important to the teams and the ones watching. I seem to think during the early part of the season you can play moderalty and dabble on lesser known games. I hope I wrote this so you could make sense of this. Peace...
    Last edited by Flaghunter; 09-07-09 at 10:19 PM.

oakas
    oakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17772

Iowa State has not scored a touchdown against Iowa in the last 2 1/2 games (10 quarters)Good luck Pags. Always enjoy your picks.

WSU_Tbone
    WSU_Tbone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Thanks for the plays Pags.....Not sure what to think of that UW game...didn't get a chance to watch the game yet...but I just can't figure out if LSU had a off night...too long of a trip....UW justplayed there asses off or what...Looking like WSU might be the ofer this year...GL this week...

aznjeff07
    aznjeff07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 710

what do you think about tulsa pags? We both know tulsa is a good program year in and out; i think -17 for tulsa is a solid bet

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Play Number Three:

East Carolina +6.5 (+100) for 1 unit

pags11

IowaHawkeyes,

thank you, lol yep it's a thankless job sometimes but appreciate you saying that...GL to you as well...

TheGambler,

unfortunately the bash falls when I am pretty busy with my business but I appreciate that you heard good things about me...thank you...

snapstick,

good grab on ISU bud...

sweetpete57@,

glad to hear we agree on the ISU play, let's hope for another close game like thery have mostly been in this rivalry...

BGS 9.5,

thanks bud...BOL to you this week...

RoagBettor,

good grab on ISU...

clowncar,

lol, I know it brother...I'm using the tivos like crazy over here...tried calling you today a couple of times today but the line was busy...we will talk more here soon...

twentyonekid,

that would be great if we could do that pal...GL this week too...

masr,

thank you...GL to you as well...

ksufan19,

lol, if I had any sleep lately I would have gotten the joke, my bad...that's exactly my thoughts on how things have gone with this game most years...

Flaghunter,

I actually try to only focus on one week at a time...Saturday night after the games is when I start looking at the next week...as far as big games go, you are smart to stay away from the high profile games and focus on some of the games away from the spotlight...in fact, that was probably a mistake I made last week (playing the Va. Tech/Alabama and Georgia/Oklahoma State games...good stuff...

oakas,

how many TD's has Iowa scored in that span curiously?...thank you and GL to you as well...

WSU_Tbone,

Washington played very well and I'd say LSU played average...I think Washingto was like 11 of 14 on third downs and Locker was amazing...LSU was probably the worst play I made last week...oh well...GL to you as well...

aznjeff07,

I think highly of the Tulsa program, especially head coach Todd Graham...I can't recommend playing them this week...
    Points Awarded:

Flaghunter gave pags11 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

Play Number Three:

I can only get +6 as of the time of this post Pags. Should i take it @ +6 or wait and hope it goes back to +6.5

I see the line opened at +7.5 with my book, it sure has dropped alot in a day. Thanks

pags11

snapstick,

6 is the lowest I wiould play this game...meaing I don't recommend the play at 5.5 or lower...I've followed the line movement on this game and I was at bookmaker early and 7 is the best I saw in this game and it wasn't around for long...seems to have stabalized at 6.5 at most places...GL with what you decide...

aznjeff07
    aznjeff07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 710

already took tulsa for a moderate bet. Hopefully their qb didn't have a fluke last week and gets this offense rolling for the rest of the season, except against ou. Boomer

oda11
    oda11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

pags, if we can't get the line that you are playing them at, do you recommend buying the points? I know that will cut into my profits significantly though.

Nickelicious
    Nickelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

Play Number Three:

I bought this up to +7.5 at -130, but that's not because I don't have confidence in the pick. I love this game for the Pirates and will match my risk on the spread with a ML bet when it comes out (should be about +180). My spread bet is just for insurance.

The Mountaineers are slowly sinking with Bill Stewart at the helm. It still amazes me that the AD settled for Stewart when Rodriguez left. Michigan is already beginning to reap the benefits of RR's hard-pounding ways and they will be a factor in the Big 10 this year and probably win it next year.

WVU's defense is shaky and if Liberty can push them like they did then just imagine what East Carolina can do. The Pirates are loaded and will dominate C-USA this season. Their close game with Appalachian State (11-3 last year) on Saturday was a mirage: the Pirates led 27-7 at halftime, on the road, and coasted to the victory. The margin of victory was deceptive, but it probably helped this line against WVU by a solid point or more, so I'm not complaining.

Noel Devine is the real deal and ECU will need to deal with him, but the Pirates have the talent to do that. Patrick Pinkney was not exactly brilliant on Saturday, but his confidence is gonna be flying high by the end of the first quarter against WVU.

I see an upset brewing here that will crush the spirit of those loyal Mountaineers fans and boost the number of people who jump on the ECU bandwagon. The Pirates face Virginia Tech at home in the first week of November and if they win that one they will be trying to bust into the BCS bowl games.

pags11

aznjeff07,

I was impressed with the qb and Todd Graham is definitely spread conscious...GL this week...

oda11,

I personally make it a point not to buy points very often, if at all...that's just me though...

Nickelicious,

that is some damn impressive stuff......word for word that's how I see this game being played out and you point out many of the reasons I like ECU in this one...great work man, let me know if you ever want to help with my write-ups...

Nickelicious
    Nickelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

You post them and I'll write 'em up if I agree with them, Pags. And from you reputation, I tend to think I will agree with most of them.

PM me if you really want to collaborate on write-ups. We could be a team like cocknocker and SexyMit, except we won't go tout and we won't get booted off the forum!

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

Quote Originally Posted by Nickelicious View Post
    You post them and I'll write 'em up if I agree with them, Pags. And from you reputation, I tend to think I will agree with most of them.

PM me if you really want to collaborate on write-ups. We could be a team like cocknocker and SexyMit, except we won't go tout and we won't get booted off the forum!

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Enjoy your writeups pags,any thoughts on clemson/ geo tech THANKS!

cakasmaloy
    cakasmaloy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 503

that was no fluke... Kinne is going to put up even bigger numbers this season

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Nickelicious View Post

I haven't gone anywhere, and I'm not a tout! I'm not saying I'm not looking into being one, but right now I don't have my own website or anything like some alot of the other touts that post here and noone messes with!

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

If you're referring to LT, he actually contributes to the forum in many ways (by contributing to Think Tank discussions and running contests) and understands most of the fundamentals of handicapping.

angelodebo
    angelodebo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2429

So Pags likes (E. Carolina +7 --Iowa St +6.5 ---UConn +5)

I'll be watching those picks and the line movement as we draw closer to game day. Too bad for me..I deal with an individual and can't place bets before game day.

Personally, I find the first 1-3 wks of college & pro football tough. I went 2-3 this weekend (down one unit)..Not bad, but not great. Hopefully once we can gather more info on team's strenths and weaknesses..we can gain some momentum and rally off 4, 5, 6, wins in a row..

I like the UConn pick. UConn is running a new spread offense with a really good soph. RB Jordan Todman. I think this game is going to be tight all the way through. Good Luck

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

Pags do you ever parlay all of your plays? I was thinking about single wagers and also a small parlay each week with all of your plays. Did you ever have a week last year where you went undefeated? Just curious.

millio007
    millio007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

yes there was a week he went undefeated but then again its with the opening numbers he posted so if line movement happened you could of been 6-1 or 5-2 he went 7-0 in a week and if you parlay I suggest go 2 at a time mix and match GL

Dana4U
    Dana4U's Avatar Become A Pro!

North Carolina Pick

Pags - so far on board with the ECU and Iowa State. Not so sure about the NC game after watching them blow out Citadel on Saturday. Looking forward to reading your write up so I can better understand your angle on this game.

Biff Webster
    Biff Webster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Good luck this week Pags, I know you will bounce back and I hope I can repeat my 5-2 record from this weekend.

IowaHawkeyes
    IowaHawkeyes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags - thoughts on USC/tOSU? More to my thoughts, on waiting for more public pounding on tOSU and waiting for a +7.5, +8 line?

pags11

Play Number Four:

Louisiana Tech +7.5 (-102) for 1 unit

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Play Number Four:

Louisiana Tech +7.5 (-102) for 1 unit
    already on it!

First 12345 ... Last