FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

The Illinois Fightin Illini Season Project

O BABY! FIGHTIN ILLINI FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!

as we all know last season for the fightin illini was one of the most disappoiting ones in a LOOOONG time, having an AMAZING season and going to the rose bowl where usc did give us the buisness but still was a GREAT time, to sitting at home watching the games on tv.....

well it's a new season and ron zook and co. are ready to avenge that awful 5-7 (3-5) season with a GREAT 2009 CAMPAIGN IN CHAMPAIGN. in the offseason mike locksley the o-cordinator jumped ship and went to new mexico and we were able to snag mike shultz from TCU which i feel is a TREMENDOUS addition and will only improve this already stacked offense. that tcu option was amazing and could run all day on ya and with the awesome speed on this team, as chris berman would say, WHOOOOOP, WHOOOOOOP, ALL GAME LONG.

mr isiah JUICE williams returns at the helm for his senior season and he looked really good during spring practice and buddy on the team says he's "been looking great, his passes are really showing some finese to them, you'll be surprised." last year he had over 300 yards passing in 4 games but we only went 1-3 in those games.......his season was full of ups and downs but he did finish with over 3,000 yards passing and over 700 yards rushing to go along with 27 total td's but 16 ints... he's should show alot of maturity this year as he's taken over the role of the main leader this year and is very determined to get us back to the promised land.

the runnign game should be strong with the vastly improved option attack and is led by daniel dufrene who was forgotten about later in the season last year as jason ford and mikael leshore took the reins. all 3 of them should get a lot of great opportunities to do something special this year. the passing game though should be UNREAL, the core of recievers we have are almost unmatched and i'd put them in the top 5 of the country. arrelious "rejus" benn is a complete stud and can easily be a top 5 pick if he comes out this year. hopefully his stats will reflect this talent this year though cause getting only 3 tds last year to go with 1,000 yards is a joke, as keyshawn would say GET ME THE DAMN BALL. he's backed by jeff cumberland, all 6'5" of him along with the hawaian michael hoomanawanui who's also 6'5". with these giants, there is NO REASON not to get them atleast 5 touches a game cause they can out jump anyone and cumberland plays with a big chip on his shoulder. and by the way, we get jared fayson this year, after sitting out last season after transfering from GATOR NATION, and this kid is DOPE FAST, watched him run back a kickoff and punt in the spring game last year.

the only question this year is with the d, losing brit miller and vonate davis and a few others, plus we lost miami thomas once again to a knee injury and donsay hardenman is all screwed up still from an injury last year that almost left him paralayzed and questions steppin on the field again from what i hear. from reports though from camp rantoul, the defense "should be VERY surprising and could actually be A STRENGTH FOR THIS TEAM."

all in all if we end up with any D and special teams help this year WATCH OUT FOR THE FIGHTIN ZOOKERS BOYS, this team is gona put up some MONSTER numbers this year and juice and benn's and cumberland's draft stocks are gonna sky rocket, buy em now when they're low. i see us getting 9 wins with only questions right now vs PSU, OSU and MSU but i definitly think we can win 2 of those and even go 11-1 (and yes im not smokin something, atleast not at the moment LOL)

WEEK 1: 9/5 vs Mizzou in St. Louis

ILLINOIS -7 (-110)
    risk 3.5 units to win 3.182 units LOSER

headed to the game tomrorow morning and by gametime should be shitfaced in the 1st row at the 35 behind the illini bench but that's beside the point:

The last 2 seasons we've given this labor day weekend game away to the tigers of mizzou but this year it ends. as i said before we are PSYCHED for this game and want to get out on the right track. mizzou though doesn't have mr chase daniel or their big tight end chase coffman and also lost a handful of guys on their D, though their stud LB, weatherspoon is back and has been reporting on his twitter "THE JUICE IS GONNA GET SQUEEZED" LOL i dont think so homes. mizzou also returns their rb from last year, washington who ran all over us due to a solid o-line who also comes back, 3 SO's will start for them, for the most part, but also because of AWFUL arm tackling by the illini. the best part of this is that last year they had a very weak secondary and this year they're starting 3 new guys on it and that points to ya hearing JUICE TO REJUS.....TOUCHDOWN ALL DAY and fayson is gonne put his burners on too lol. if we dont win this game, let alone cover a measly 7, i will be DEVESTATED and will only mean this season is gonna be a LOOONG one

Illinois 42-24 OSKI WOW WOW

other Week 1 Plays:

Navy +22.5 (-110)
    risk 2.0 units to win 1.818 units WINNER
    THE ohio state never plays that well early in the season vs the teams they should crush and it's usually close at the half but the midshipmen are not a typical pushover. their new qb is a TOTAL stud and can become on of the greats if he lives up to his hype. should see OSU winning by maybe 10-17 but wouldn't be shocked if NAVY leads for a decent amount of time and then blows it late

NIU +17 (-115)
    risk 2.0 units to win 1.739 units WINNER
    tolzein is AWFUL and starts for wisky, saw enough of him playing QB in HS and still can't figure out how he's starting for a big 10 team let alone even in D1

Leans (still deciding)

WISKY/NIU UNDER 49.5
    SEE ABOVE

Minnesota -7
    -had this as a definite play but i dnk something worries me and no play now most likely, that cuse dome is hard to win in for some reason.

NEVADA +14
    mainly a hating ND play but i LOOOOOVE kapernick, great legs and arm

hopefully we can have a great college football season and make some bank, espcially off the illini, they made me a solid chunk of change last year, escpecially on O/U's
    Last edited by FrozenMAN; 09-05-09 at 09:39 PM.

Jimmydafreak
    Jimmydafreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Nice write up on the Illini!!! I considered pulling the trigger on them.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best of Luck Buddy!

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Good luck FM I love the Illini and I also took Minny. The Gophers should romp get on it!
    Last edited by jagaf22; 09-05-09 at 08:56 AM.

irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

I just never understand how anyone can bet on their own team. Good luck on your bets. I got Ill for a little bit. I'm also on the fence with Minny, but I think I will be playing.

I saw that Syracuse had a lot of defects, but they do have 14 returning starters and a stud on the DL if I remember right.

I don't believe in Paulus this early in the year and I think their backup is a frosh.

Minny is a verteran team with some decent talent. I think they should eventually pull away in this game by 10+.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

i dont know what to even say........other than i have one of the worst headaches ever and got in another fight with a mizzou fan in the parking lot...........THIS IS GOING TO BE A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG YEAR, we look no different from last year

i still woulda have bet the illini for 3.5 units anyday cause if you woulda told me that we'd be down by 24 starting the 4th i would have NEVER BELEIEVED YOU, UNREAL

after day 1: 2-1 +0.057 units never in a million years saw that mizzou ass kicking, NEVER

atleast the marlins won so i won my series bet so in actual am up but still should be up like 5 units from fball, disappointing
    Last edited by FrozenMAN; 09-06-09 at 01:29 PM.

Famou$ $wag
    Famou$ $wag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Illini suck balls.....mizzou pwns them

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

early leans for next week

North Texas +3
    Ragin Cajuns from Louisiana Lafayette +7

also the bums from illinois benn/dufrene/ford all have sprained ankles but will play at this time

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Rejus is now out for saturday, zook says ankle is SUPER painful still and no reason to play him vs shitty isu

leshoure and williams are suspended for violating team rules......

MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

I think someone should start a new gambling site: faderonzook.com.

As bad of a coach, with good talent, as there is in D1.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by MSUSpartan32 View Post
    I think someone should start a new gambling site: faderonzook.com.

As bad of a coach, with good talent, as there is in D1.
    yep, plus the co-defensive head coach idea hasn't worked last 3 years GET RID OF IT ALREADY

terrible

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Week 2

Iowa State +6
    risk 1.500 units to win 1.364
    the cyclones ALWAYS show up for the cy-hawk trophy, i can see them being up by a td at half then after adjustments, iowa comes out and state gets down maybe 10 but come back and has a shot to win it late.

also liking
    Notre Dame -3 (****in HATE ND but this game, -3 to michigan seems WAY to generous)
    under in the illinois game, hopefully it will be in the 50s, if so UNDER ALL DAY, supposed to rain too this saturday for the game

SilversunPickups
    Figuring this site out.
    SilversunPickups's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just finished watching Illinois Football: The Journey on Hulu.com this last week. It covers every game of last season plus extras. They are 30-minute episodes.

I have to tell you that I'm not all that impressed of Ron Zook as a coach. You get to hear his speeches and he says the sames things over and over. He's not a big motivator. And his assistant coaches just echo what he says.

I'm trying to figure out if their Rose Bowl season was a fluke because last year was bad. And you can watch their entire season on Hulu. After their beating by Missouri, I'm thinking Zook's days are numbered.

I like the guy but he just didn't seem like a great motivator.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

i know dude watched em last season, im also on the 1st episode at the mizzou game, THE SLOM MOTION SPIT LOLOLOLOL so good

and def, he;'s gotta do soemthign this season or outta here, totally agree with you. we'll see how we bounce back thsi weekend in a game we should dominate, anything other than that then UH OH!

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

initial reports are showing:

ILLINOIS -33
    O/U 62

LOLOL

are you SERIOUS? UNDER UNDER UNDER UNDER ALL DAY and ISU +33 should be decent too

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Zook is a great recruiter and his kids love him but he is an absolute horrible coach. He needs to head off to the NFL or become an assistant. The year they made the Rose Bowl was a travesty. Georgia should have been there before that sorry ass team.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

what do u want dude, ur like the 5th person whos said the same shit WE ALL KNOW HE CANT COACH IN THE GAME THAT WELL, whatever

and w/e dude, we deserved that spot and we woulda took out jaw jaw if played em

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Week 2 Add Ons:

Notre Lame-michigan OVER 10 1st quarter
    1.5 units to win 1.5 units WINNER

notre lame -3
    2.0 units to win 1.667 units HEARTBREAKER

ILLINOIS STATE +33
    1.1 units to win 1.0 units WINNER
    Last edited by FrozenMAN; 09-13-09 at 01:55 AM.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    Week 2

Iowa State +6
    risk 1.500 units to win 1.364 LOSER
    the cyclones ALWAYS show up for the cy-hawk trophy, i can see them being up by a td at half then after adjustments, iowa comes out and state gets down maybe 10 but come back and has a shot to win it late.
    thought it'd be a lot closer

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

eh day, coulda been a TON better if nd coulda ran that clock out and didnt choke, the ISU game was SOOOO crazy prayed for that tackle after that int with 35 seconds left, then zook tries for a td up 30 with 30 seconds left from the 15 but 2 stops later and pushing dufrene out at the 1 with no time left sealed the +33, was going NUTS at the game lol

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

off this week before making the trip to THE OHIO STATE, cant wait to go back AWESOME STADIUM AND AWESOME TIMES, witnessed the greatest win EVER in illini history and maybe even in all of college 2 years ago AMAZING.

this week i like a few games

FLORIDA/TENNESSEE OVER 52 (-105@ BJ)
    risk 1.260 units to win 1.200 units (thinking of adding more to this)
    -LOVE THIS A TON, think gator nation can drop 53 themselves, id be SERIOSULY shocked if this didnt end in the 60s

WEST VIRGINIA +7.5
    -not a lot of talk bout the mountaineers and thats all right with them, keep them under the spot light and playing loosey goosey, i think they beat auburn outright

NEVADA -3
    COLIN KAPERNICK, enough said and CSU is streaky, didnt impress over CU cause they BLOW

13 Point Teaser
    Baylor +2
    Oregon State +15

Northwestern +10

West Virginia +20½

Risk 1.50 units to win 1.25 units

Last edited by FrozenMAN; 09-19-09 at 12:50 PM.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    FLORIDA/TENNESSEE OVER 52 (-105@ BJ) LOSER
    risk 1.260 units to win 1.200 units (thinking of adding more to this)
    -LOVE THIS A TON, think gator nation can drop 53 themselves, id be SERIOSULY shocked if this didnt end in the 60s

WEST VIRGINIA +7.5 NO PLAY
    -not a lot of talk bout the mountaineers and thats all right with them, keep them under the spot light and playing loosey goosey, i think they beat auburn outright

NEVADA -3 NO PLAY
    COLIN KAPERNICK, enough said and CSU is streaky, didnt impress over CU cause they BLOW

13 Point Teaser
    Baylor +2
    Oregon State +15

Northwestern +10

West Virginia +20½

Risk 1.50 units to win 1.25 units LOSER
    BOO should stick to mlb