texaseast
    texaseast's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bowl games????

This is my first year to bet college heavily. My question is if anyone can help is I Have won pretty good on a few teams all year like Hawaii, Wake, Rice, an Tex A&M when I didn't feel the spreads were right. How do these teams do in the bowls games? There is probaly know correct ansewer but before i blow my bankroll I have built up this year I was just wondering if anyone had any good info for a first timer during bowl season.
    PS I hope to be a member of this forum for a long time I didn't just come on here to ask that question...Thanks for letting me on to this forum

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, Welcome to the SBR forum bro

Texas A&M did very well in bowl games under Jackie Sherrill. However, i'm not sure of there overall bowl record.

I beleave this is Rice's first First bid since like the early 1960's. So with that being said, I don't feel we can judge anything based on there past at all.

As far as Hawaii goes. Well, there success at home pretty much says it all really IMO.

I'm not really sure about Wake Forest's history in bowl games off hand. Maybe somebody else here can provide some info on this one bud.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think WF has been to a bowl game since the 70's

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fake has been to three bowl games since 1979.

2002: Seattle Bowl vs. Oregon (+7) - Wake 38, Oregon 21
    1999: Aloha Classic vs. Arizona State (+3) - Wake 23, ASU 3
    1992: Independence Bowl vs. Oregon (+3.5) - Wake 39, Oregon 35

Razz

Rice hasn't been to a bowl game in forever. I think because they have an outstanding head coach they will be prepared. Even though this is a team that has made me a lot of money as an underdog this season, I'm not prepared to lay 7 with them.

Razz

Texas A&M is 13-15 all-time in bowl games. There is nothing outstanding to report either for or against them. Their last bowl game was the 2004 Cotton Bowl against Tennessee, when the Aggies (-4) lost 38-7. The only other bowl game they have appeared in this decade, A&M (-5) beat TCU 28-9 in the galleryfurniture.com Bowl.

Razz

Hawaii is 4-2 all-time in bowl games. Three of those were the Hawaii Bowl.

In 2002, H (-14) lost 36-28 to Tulane.
    In 2003, H (-10.5) beat Houston 54-48 in OT.
    In 2004, H (-4) beat UAB 59-40.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had the over (back when I used to bet a total every once in a while) in that Houston/ Hawaii bowl game...Houston scored a TD with like 13 secs left to tie it and it went to like 2 OT's...it was crazy...just brought back the memories...

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    ...A&M (-5) beat TCU 28-9 in the galleryfurniture.com Bowl.
    Gallery Furniture saaaaaaves you money! Sorry, couldn't help but be reminded of ol' Jim McIngvale's ads for that store. They run incessantly on Houston's TV stations.

I like Wake +10, and agree with Razz about not liking the TD you have to lay on Rice as the favorite.