bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting Money lines in bowl games?

I was talking to somebody about this earlier today with somebody I haven't seen in years. He was telling me that betting the dog money lines in every bowl game would be very profitable. As you guys know I love betting dogs. However, there are a few mismatches this year that we all know the ML just will not cash in.

My question to you guys is do you think this theroy would be profitable or not this year?

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

As somebody we know might say,

I was looking at that angle for some plays myself bud.

To answer the Q, I think it would be profitable over any 3-4 year stretch you wanted to look at, past present or future. Maybe not in every particular year though. But I know that I am going to be playing these dogs both ATS and ML- Troy, San Jose, Mid TN (a little), MO, ,MN, NV, WI, GA Tech, USC, Boise, Wake, West MI.
    Last edited by Jay Edgar; 12-05-06 at 07:32 AM.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Dan, I think your friend is correct. I believe the long layoffs have something to do with this. The data that has been amassed throughout the year is a bit skewed because of the long layoff between the season and the bowl season. Just a theory. I haven't checked it but I would bet that your friend is correct.

E

bigboydan

Guys, I was thinking pretty much on the same level as you guys were after thinking about it for a bit.

You guys mentioned the long layoffs as well as a few other things. However, lets not over look the fact that alot of those teams probably don't wanna play in the bowl games they got stuck in.

taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

"However, lets not over look the fact that alot of those teams probably don't wanna play in the bowl games they got stuck in.:"
    Amen !!
    Too early for my to add my 2 cents worth here, but later maybe. I love dogs and I play MLs.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

You want me to be the guinea pig BBD?

Seriously, I've bet the board of dogs before and to be honest, I don't really like it. Got killed in tennis doing that two days in a row to the tune of minus 20 units or so. Played all the dogs in NBA last Tuesday and made out like 8 units. Same last night, but the only one I hit was Blazers +535 for marginal profit only. Just looking at the schedule, I don't think there will be THAT much profit in betting every dog on the ML, but I don't think you can be be hurt too badly.

bigboydan

I know you will bet the board on the ML this bowl season Owned

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

The Over

I'm not sure if this is common in all bowl games or not but last year it seemed like over 95% of all the bowl games hit on the over. Did anyone else see that? Or is that lock in the ncaa bowl bets?

bigboydan

Casey, What scares me about betting overs in this years bowl games is the new clock rules. With that big layoff these teams will have this year.

I'm going to be looking at these teams first game of the year final scores, and see exactly what quarter the bulk of there scoring actually came from and betting accordingly.