nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOISE/OU mismatch

BOISE is in this game for a one reason combination....... because they are undefeated & Conf. Champs. If you're into the cinderella stories then good for a WAC team to make it big time($'s) into a BCS game.....but it won't make a close game because BOISE is not in OU's league IMRO. BOISE's wins are over you can see for yourselves, but they barely beat SJST, & I was at the NEVADA game & can tell you the PACK beat themselves in that one. Many respected guys here have made solid statements about OU playing as well as anyone, proved it against NEB. This one is a mismatch for the one reason of why BOISE got this game......again IMRO.

Welcome any critisism of my reasoning here, maybe I did have way too many this weekend.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

this isn't as big of a mismatch as you think...

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Boise is highly motivated and OU is whatever IMO. That makes for a hard choice. I like the Under in this game and that is all.

nevadaside

Quote Originally Posted by dave11486
    Boise is highly motivated and OU is whatever IMO. That makes for a hard choice. I like the Under in this game and that is all.
    Yes, I locked up Under52 myself. One of the better Totals throughout.....IMRO.

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I was pretty impressed with my Sooners on Saturday. Didnt think BS would air it out in that cold but I am happy we got the game. BSU should be a good game I think. OU's 1 weakness is giving up plays through the air. With BSU's Air Attack, I think it should be interesting to see how OU attacks the offense. Cant wait.......OU 31 BSU 21

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

This may sound stupid kalmikrazy, but how do Bob Stoops will get these guys motivated? I don't think they want to lose to a mid major, but I don't know.

pags11

sooners are definitely playing well but this should be a great game...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

What scares me about the Sooners are the fact that they play up and down to there compotision. With that being said I think I just might be backing Boise St. in this game if the line goes up a bit more.

nevadaside

Kalmikrazy:
    I like your final score prediction.

I was actually thinking along the lines of OU 31/BOISE 16, based on the fact that I really think OU/Stoops will want to come out & create clear seperation early in an effort to demoralize BOISE in their first big one before they can get any kind of momentum going if that's even possible. I predict BOISE will choke in their first BCS game, all the hype of getting in it will turn to pressure of performing well in it & they'll play tight with mistakes. They are just not accustomed to teams of OU's caliber.......IMRO.

If I didn't have such a strong pull to play this thing, I'd sit back & root for the "small guy".

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't think its a huge mismatch, but I expect OU to cover the 8. Boise will stick to their guns and give a foght, but I see OU pulling away late.

AP is expected to play as well.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I kinda figured he would play in this game Austin.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The Boise State Nevada game was fixed.. The Wac was to receive 17 million if they won that game and Nevada made so many obvious mistakes that were done purposely it was unwatchable..

I believe OU will win for sure.. Line scares me..

pags11

imgv does make a point...Nevada sure did look terrible...

nevadaside

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05
    Don't think its a huge mismatch, but I expect OU to cover the 8. Boise will stick to their guns and give a foght, but I see OU pulling away late.

AP is expected to play as well.
    If my theory never develops, I think you're right here austintx05, teams of OU's caliber know how to "finish" off a game, as well as make big halftime adjustments. For some reason I'm not backing away from my theory thougth....at the risk of looking like an idiot.

I can definately agree with imgv & the game being fixed, watching that crap live was bullshit. Jeff Rowe didn't look anything like himself. Hey......anyone seen what kind of car he's driving lately?
    But you know...........there's no money in college...umh..umh.

pags11

he's driving a porsche here in Reno...lol...j/k...

nevadaside

Quote Originally Posted by pags11
    he's driving a porsche here in Reno...lol...j/k...
    If he's rollin one of those, then UNR's Athletic Director must be rollin a Bentley round Reno.

pags11

yeah, funny thing is that Ault used to be the athletic director...definitely makes you wonder...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kalmikrazy
    I was pretty impressed with my Sooners on Saturday. Didnt think BS would air it out in that cold but I am happy we got the game. BSU should be a good game I think. OU's 1 weakness is giving up plays through the air. With BSU's Air Attack, I think it should be interesting to see how OU attacks the offense. Cant wait.......OU 31 BSU 21
    Boise's passing game is not very good, they are by far more of a running team. Not sure OU gives up pass plays very often either though ...
    I don't see either team getting 30 here, both teams are very run-oriented, and both play pretty solid run defense.

pags11

ol' razz, Zambransky can surprise you...I'd say the QB matchup is about even...

jimmy
    jimmy's Avatar Become A Pro!

jimmy

i think boise will have to come out throwing and building a lead by half time to have a chance to win ou will choke if boise builds a 14 pt lead with alot of passing attack i am trying the money line hoping this is the one game that we see a big upset

jimmy

jimmy

after january 7th you will see two teams with a perfect season ohio st and BOISE

jimmy

jimmy

BOISE has to much to play for i think they are playing for the undefeated season more than just another game

pags11

jimmy,

OU has a lot to play for as well...these guys are a freight train right now...

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

I personally think after this game is over everyone who mentioned Boise in the same sentence as National Title will be hiding.

pags11

Boise and national title is definitely a farse, but they are a pretty damn good team austin...