itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

National Signing day is back...who lands the top class?

College football games might be over boys but here we go with reloading taking place for the next couple of seasons.

I'm toasting the Tide for what looks like a Dynasty extending class yet AGAIN after Foster announced last night he's coming to Tuscaloosa after all. Now is we can just get Kamara at RB to follow Tenpenny Bama will be stacked again.

Florida and Ohio State are looking strong as well but you gotta give it up for Coach Saban....when you can close the deal and get a guy FROM Auburn, AL with a giant AU tattoo on his arm to flip and commit to Bama....thats talent!

artyfudgepacker
    artyfudgepacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

gamecocks !!!!!!!!!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I hear Ole Miss is spending some big bucks and could close well.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Isn't Foster from Georgia, but moved to auburn? Foster has committed to Alabama 3 times. Something seems off with him

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Isn't Foster from Georgia, but moved to auburn? Foster has committed to Alabama 3 times. Something seems off with him

Foster's an Auburn local. Kid even left his official visit back to Auburn last weekend to drive up to Tuscaloosa and hit the strip with Kamara and Bamas sophmore Christian Jones so it was pretty much in the bag at that point.

Ole Miss is doing big things too..Nkemdechi, Jones, Tredwell and Connor are pretty solid.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

thats what I thought...not really an auburn local.....but ya i could see this kid being rolando mcclain 2

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo.../reuben-foster

Auburn kid officially but his previous seasons in LaGrange are in GA. This goes back to the whole SEC close knit mantra...more Auburn fans due to the proximity in LaGrange than Dawg faithful further away in Athens. Troup county is flooded with Auburn fans...can get to Jordan-Hare in like 30 minutes or so vs a couple hours to GA games.

So at end of the day he's an Auburn local...if he parties on the weekend growing up...he went into Auburn/Opelika.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-27-15 at 11:23 AM. Reason: link does not exist

D Med
    War Eagle!
    D Med's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2365

Not bitter or anything, but this guy seems like trouble. He commits to Alabama and on his official visit to Alabama he leaves in the middle of it to go to Auburn. Then he flips to Auburn and gets an Auburn tattoo. After everyone gets fired at Auburn, he decommits from Auburn but takes an official visit to Auburn, and returns the favor by also leaving in the middle of his official visit and goes to Tuscaloosa. He recommits to Alabama gets his tattoo updated by putting his cousin's name on the tattoo, but misspells his cousin's name. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he signs with UGA tomorrow LOL.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

aaron bailey...illinois QB of the future

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Ohio State!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

My SCAR Gamecocks #13 in the country.....but #8 in the SEC, crazy shit

Ole Miss making a lot of noise and the usual suspects

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

You SEC bastards, tell your bottom feeder Tennessee to stop stealing recruits from us.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Ohio State!
    Vonn Bell is a traitor

Wanted him initially but he pissed me off getting on stage saying he's going to OSU to out do Bama at titles....

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Penn State did shockingly well I see.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Alex Collins' momma stole his damn letter of intent and drove off with it....hilarious

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Alex Collins' momma stole his damn letter of intent and drove off with it....hilarious
    Saw that

PaperTrail07

...Columbus, Ohio......GONNA BE CALLED TITLETOWN!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

highlight of the day:

PaperTrail07

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    highlight of the day:

Awesome LOL....SIGN SIGN SIGN

PaperTrail07

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

All because she doesn't want him to leave home.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Reuben Foster with his daughter and a hummer. Not many college kids can afford a brand new hummer with 8mpg. To be a 5 star recruit in Alabama...just let Bama and Auburn bid on me like an auction.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was it an SEC team? I imagine their ability to over recruit has led to multiple top 10 classes.... again.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Reuben Foster with his daughter and a hummer. Not many college kids can afford a brand new hummer with 8mpg. To be a 5 star recruit in Alabama...just let Bama and Auburn bid on me like an auction.

First off, those tiny Hummers are not 'expensive' and its not 'tricked out'...just a normal ride.

Second...if you've never been around Bama's campus plenty of college kids driving way more expensive cars than Foster's.

ChalkyDog

First off, those tiny Hummers are not 'expensive' and its not 'tricked out'...just a normal ride.

Second...if you've never been around Bama's campus plenty of college kids driving way more expensive cars than Foster's.
    LMFAO.

Listen, I don't give a shit about kids getting cash. They deserve every penny in most instances.

But C'mon, this post screams Bama homer. Your Avatar confirms it. Stop pretending like that shit is on the up-and-up, simply because it isn't a "tricked out" $100K ride.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    LMFAO.

Listen, I don't give a shit about kids getting cash. They deserve every penny in most instances.

But C'mon, this post screams Bama homer. Your Avatar confirms it. Stop pretending like that shit is on the up-and-up, simply because it isn't a "tricked out" $100K ride.
    I make no excuses for my bias...just stating the obvious....just because he's not driving a scooter doesn't mean he was handed that truck.

Of course things are done for players....I remember it being common place back in T Town and Starkville when I was in school there. Too much scrutiny on the programs there now and Foster would be the LAST kid to try and bribe if it was going on in Tuscaloosa now due to his pension for attention and flash as it is.

Will always be those who disregard all of the positives Saban has brought to town....the championships, graduation rates, restoration of the dynasty era and simply hope for a 'gotcha moment' but not me.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Remember ole DJ Fluker The guy is spot on. I played at some small school and never saw shit handed out. We did get a week heads up in advance for upcoming drug tests tho.

http://totalfratmove.com/former-alab...moments-later/

I’m going to operate under the assumption that Fluker’s account actually wasn’t hacked, because, well, it wasn’t. I’m 99% sure. The language in the tweet was just too spot-on. It had too much dumb athlete in it. Too much shitty punctuation. Too much unnecessary shorthand. Too much bad English. Too much Bama.
    College athletes take handouts. While a direct NCAA violation, it still happens. I’m not one of those guys that says, “Oh, give me a break. It happens everywhere. Get over it.” It doesn’t happen everywhere. It happens at big time programs to big time players, but no one at Norfolk State is enjoying $100 handshakes and free car rentals. Fluker was an elite prospect at an elite program, and he projects to be drafted very high in the upcoming NFL draft. There’s a more than solid chance he had the opportunity to accept cash.
    Does the NCAA respond to this? Not likely. I don’t believe this is enough evidence to justify opening up an investigation. More than anything, it makes Fluker look like an idiot.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-27-15 at 11:21 AM. Reason: image does not exist

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Remember ole DJ Fluker The guy is spot on. I played at some small school and never saw shit handed out. We did get a week heads up in advance for upcoming drug tests tho.

http://totalfratmove.com/former-alab...moments-later/

I’m going to operate under the assumption that Fluker’s account actually wasn’t hacked, because, well, it wasn’t. I’m 99% sure. The language in the tweet was just too spot-on. It had too much dumb athlete in it. Too much shitty punctuation. Too much unnecessary shorthand. Too much bad English. Too much Bama.
    College athletes take handouts. While a direct NCAA violation, it still happens. I’m not one of those guys that says, “Oh, give me a break. It happens everywhere. Get over it.” It doesn’t happen everywhere. It happens at big time programs to big time players, but no one at Norfolk State is enjoying $100 handshakes and free car rentals. Fluker was an elite prospect at an elite program, and he projects to be drafted very high in the upcoming NFL draft. There’s a more than solid chance he had the opportunity to accept cash.
    Does the NCAA respond to this? Not likely. I don’t believe this is enough evidence to justify opening up an investigation. More than anything, it makes Fluker look like an idiot.

Already went 1st round for $11 Million to the Chargers...a little behind but accurate. Saw him at the A Day game in April signing autographs at the insurance tent....kid is a monster and will do well in the league.

If Foster took a Hummer then I'll be the first to say he needs to sit whatever action they hand down. Until then though I don't operate on assumptions. Read my above post...already said it does happen..and when it does we'll judge them but not before.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-27-15 at 11:22 AM. Reason: image does not exist

ChalkyDog

Already went 1st round for $11 Million to the Chargers...a little behind but accurate. Saw him at the A Day game in April signing autographs at the insurance tent....kid is a monster and will do well in the league.

If Foster took a Hummer then I'll be the first to say he needs to sit whatever action they hand down. Until then though I don't operate on assumptions. Read my above post...already said it does happen..and when it does we'll judge them but not before.
    The assumption is that cheating happens most prominently at the highest level of college athletics.

Small town dick and mary school aren't cheating, because 1) they can't afford to (not penalty wise, monetarily).

SEC football is historically dirty. Hell, they have league specific rules that allow them to gain recruiting advantages. It's just the way it is.

Whether you agree, know, or otherwise doesn't change the fact that Alabama Football is one of the dirtiest programs in the nation.

I would be willing to bet that not a single championship in either basketball or football has been won in the last decade without serious NCAA violations happening.

I am well aware what happens on the basketball side, and that doesn't have 1/10th the money and glory football does.

The assumption turns very quickly into a presumption that is borderline "fact".

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    The assumption is that cheating happens most prominently at the highest level of college athletics.

Small town dick and mary school aren't cheating, because 1) they can't afford to (not penalty wise, monetarily).

SEC football is historically dirty. Hell, they have league specific rules that allow them to gain recruiting advantages. It's just the way it is.

Whether you agree, know, or otherwise doesn't change the fact that Alabama Football is one of the dirtiest programs in the nation.

I would be willing to bet that not a single championship in either basketball or football has been won in the last decade without serious NCAA violations happening.

I am well aware what happens on the basketball side, and that doesn't have 1/10th the money and glory football does.

The assumption turns very quickly into a presumption that is borderline "fact".
    We'll agree to disagree on the 'dirtiest in the nation' opinion. And to think that all the crystal is due only to a few players vs the ones who took money to go to LSU or USC or Auburn etc is just an ignorant stance.

Pretty sure players at the big schools aren't allowed to take gifts from local businesses...I even remember Miss St's QB getting benched a few years ago for getting a sale price extended to him on mud tires...the sale ended on a Friday and he couldn't get there til Sunday and still got the discount...not free...a discount...and NCAA whacked him. Small schools do it all the time to...here in the Houston area there are a ton of schools and the players at Sam Houston get free meals etc in town..free food at Buffalo Wold Wings and so on.

When Bama gets the BCS trophy this year it wont be because one or two players took $200 or whatever...it's because of a team effort and the sheer physicality difference between them and Louisville or Ohio St or whomever it is they face in Jan .

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

http://www.thespread.com/ncaaf-news/...r#.UjEBUz_RaJ0

A report says five Southeastern Conference players received impermissible benefits during their college careers, including former Alabama offensive tackle D.J. Fluker.
    Yahoo Sports reported Wednesday that text messages and financial records show former Alabama defensive end Luther Davis was a go-between for NFL agents and financial advisers for Fluker, Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray and defensive end Maurice Couch, Mississippi State defensive tackle Fletcher Cox and wide receiver Chad Bumphis.
    The three schools all issued statements Wednesday saying they are investigating the claims.
    The report comes on the heels of Sports Illustrated articles outlining alleged widespread misconduct within the Oklahoma State program, including academic fraud and illegal payments.
    Couch is a senior at Tennessee. Fluker, Bray and Cox are in the NFL; Bumphis was recently released by the Miami Dolphins.