pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

well,

pretty upset with myself with my last two plays...Tulsa missed the extra point that would have cut the lead to 5 (had +5.5), but gave up a TD anyway...and then what can you say about tonight...what a roller coster...looked great in the first half, real shaky with about 12 mins. left in the game...great with 10 mins. left and that ol' rascal June Jones dials up the 80 yard TD for the dagger...damn...that's all I got boys...gotta keep trucking...

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Still believe blindly playing Dogs like your doing isn't the right way to go this bowl season.. Everybody and their mom was talking about doing this and the books know it..

pags11

imgv,

you know bro, I don't get why you would make a comment like that?...I have not "blindly" played dogs...have you ever known me to blindly play picks?...whatever dude, that's really a cheap shot and you of all people should know how shit is when the ball's not bouncing your way...it's a long bowl season and I've been through this many times...talk to me after 32 games...

2-5 w/l, -1.63 units

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Hang in there bud....things will change soon. Still much too early to start generalizing about favs/dogs based on a few obscure bowl games. I really think by the end of next week you will be back on the positive side. Regardless of how it turns out, you've had a great year and bowl season should not take away from the past four months of hard work and accomplishments.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by pags11
    imgv,

you know bro, I don't get why you would make a comment like that?...I have not "blindly" played dogs..
    32 plays

31 dogs/1 favorite...

I think it's safe to say you are blindly playing the dogs not that anything is wrong with that...

have you ever known me to blindly play picks?
    No I haven't...

whatever dude, that's really a cheap shot and you of all people should know how shit is when the ball's not bouncing your way...
    Not a cheap shot at all bro. As many times as I've defended you are here I think it's also safe to say I'm usually on your side..

it's a long bowl season and I've been through this many times...talk to me after 32 games...
    2-5 w/l, -1.63 units
    Not trying to have a arguement with you man, I respect you and know what your all about just saying that it's kind of hard to believe you didn't blindly pick your games when 31 out of 32 games you selected were dogs..

Good luck this season man, and you know I'm not rooting against you bro..

pags11

we'll have to respectfully disagree here imgv...once you gain a little more experience, you'll see the danger in your comments...GL...

imgv94

Danger? Getting a little dramatic wouldn't you say?

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Well I think we may have a semantic issue and some misunderstanding. I don't think "blindly" is a very fair characterization. Blindly implies no thought or little effort or consideration in the decision making process. I know it may seem like that but I know for a fact that Pags worked hard all year on these games and when we spoke, we had hypothetical lines placed on all these games and I know for certain that there were certain favorites he was ready to pull the trigger on if the line came out in such a way.

Second, I think then a better or fair characterization may be that he has a bias toward the dogs. That is, his sports betting paradigm or a central tenant of his betting methodology focuses on the dogs. Realistically, that is what he should do. As i've said in the past, the emphasis should always be placed on the underdogs. I would rather "blindly" bet all underdogs than all favorites. I've never heard in my life of someone just betting favorites and winning long-term. So if you are just going to bet a card, your better off erroring on the side of the dog.

More importantly, the bowl season is difficult to cap and a lot of factors that are constant in the regular season are completely thrown out the window in the bowl season. Coaching is even bigger, motivation, we have neutral fields, teams are matched based on relative strength....try finding a weekend where the highest spread on the board was only +11.5.

There is still a lot of time left and I think by the end of this week we'll have a better sense of how this bowl season is going to unfold. To date, not a single close game and we all know that is bound to change sooner or later.

As all good gamblers should do, when the bowl season is over they should review and evaluate how it went so that they can update or modify or discard any information that they used to cap these games. I personally still think that dogs are the way to go it just may be a slow start for them right now...that's all.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

Mid Tenn St + Points . . .

Pags, the new CMU coach is working their butts off marine style in practices and though the CMU players are referring to his coaching style as intense IMO what they're really saying is they're pissed having to practice so hard when they finished the season on a fairly straightforward winning string . . .

I like the dog here in this low-profile bowl. Blue Raiders = Blue collar . . . and I think this is a case where the undersized team plays with more heart fuelled by dreams built on overcoming disappointment (last minute Troy loss, costing them Sun Belt tiltle visit to NO Bowl) . . .

pags11

checkboard,

thanks for your comments...that's how I saw the game as well...unfortunately we didn't get the cover...

now 2-6 w/l, -2.68 units for bowl season...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's been a very strange bowl season for me as well this year too Pags. However, we can both recover from this horrible start we've had i'm sure

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keep grinding.

Only a quarter of the way through it with a big talent upgrade just around the corner.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Dont worry Pags, my Bowl season has been terrible as well. Makes me wish I passed. Im looking to turn it around though, well hope so anyway.

pags11

dan,

I appreciate it bud...hopefully we get things turned around here soon...

jay,

gonna keep after it for sure...have appreciated your support all season my friend...

onlooker,

thanks man...

guys, I've got to tell you that even though I'm sucking it up so far I absolutely love college football...I get so penetrating pumped and am pissed I only get to watch 24 more games...I mean college hoops is fun and all, but nothing is like waking up on Saturday morning and watching games all day, especially if there's a late night Hawaii game!...let's get it rolling here!...

imgv94

Alabama and Texas A&M are two plays I'm already on.. GL man!!

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Hang in there bro....things will turn around real soon.

pags11

currently sitting at a 15-12-1 w/l record...too pissed about the Wake game to total the units at this point...4 more games to go...

imgv94

Why do you like ND again?
    Last edited by imgv94; 01-03-07 at 03:59 AM.

pags11

can't really put my finger on it...I think choptalk said it best in his thread...just a small play for me though...

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Nice comeback...looksl like it's going to be a winning bowl season. It's not how you start, it's how you finish....if we've learned anything from this bowl season it is that clearly the dogs are the way to go for long-term success.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Pags great job as always. Still a little bit left, but I really like the rest of your plays.

imgv94

Nice Job Paggsy..

pags11

thanks guys...hoping to finish strong these last three games...appreciate it...

pags11

currently sitting at a 16-14-1 w/l record...will total the units after tomorrow's game...

pags11

finished 17-14-1 w/l, +2.70 units ~55%...see you boys next year...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice finish pags.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Nice finish to the bowls Pags.

pags11

illusion and onlooker,

thanks guys...can't wait until next year...

BuddyBear
    Update your status

after a rough start, a great finish. All's well that ends well.

First 12