View Poll Results: Who should be Ohio State's opponent for the National Championship?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Florida

14 58.33%
  • Michigan

8 33.33%
  • Other

2 8.33%
    EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Michigan or Florida???

OK. I'll start the thread. Who will it be, gentlemen?

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

no brainer Gators.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Michigan may be the better team but they had their chance.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

As much as I want Mike Hart to chug a dick, and OSU to beat them again, give Florida the go. Florida would be the fair game for everyone and I think they can give OSU a game. Again it really isn't fair for a team to get embarrassed by getting beat a second time in one season by their arch rival.

Any way you slice it the Buckeyes will be ready and their opponent will lose.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dave11486
    As much as I want Mike Hart to chug a dick, and OSU to beat them again, give Florida the go. Florida would be the fair game for everyone and I think they can give OSU a game. Again it really isn't fair for a team to get embarrassed by getting beat a second time in one season by their arch rival.

Any way you slice it the Buckeyes will be ready and their opponent will lose.
    Agreed

...Who was it that wanted me to give USC 21 points...might wanna get by an unranked UCLA

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

It probably will be Michigan. It should be Florida.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really hoping we see that rematch myself.

I personally don't think that Florida would even stand a chance of beating OSU in that game. The Gators play way too wild, and make way too many mistakes to even keep that game close. Chris Leik would be put thru a grinder if he faces that OSU defense.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Florida. They just bet the #8 team in the nation. And we all know its all about what happen now, and not before in the season.

Michigan had their shot at OSU, and failed, no need to see it happen again.

Gators all the way.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Should be Oklahoma. Louisville deserves mention as well. Out of Michigan and Florida, even though I think Michigan is the better team, Florida deserves it more for going through the schedule they had.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Gators.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Florida....

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    Should be Oklahoma. Louisville deserves mention as well. Out of Michigan and Florida, even though I think Michigan is the better team, Florida deserves it more for going through the schedule they had.
    Ditto.

birdman1
    birdman1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida is the better team.. But unfair as it is they'll probably win this 'who's the most popular' contest..Ohio State is not all that good..They are beatable..Michigan is not that good and they had a chance already.They lost !!!...Ohio State will win by more if the second chance happens..BUT IT SHOULD BE fLORIDA !

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've got an alma mater in the mix (Go Blue), so you can't listen to what I say, except about the process, which is A JOKE

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Quote Originally Posted by birdman1
    Florida is the better team.. But unfair as it is they'll probably win this 'who's the most popular' contest..Ohio State is not all that good..They are beatable..Michigan is not that good and they had a chance already.They lost !!!...Ohio State will win by more if the second chance happens..BUT IT SHOULD BE fLORIDA !

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only SEC team that would give OSU a game is LSU

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05
    The only SEC team that would give OSU a game is LSU

I agree here 100%.

I think OSU is the best team in the country and they should beat anyone else handily. The huge layoff makes it more interesting.

No one gives any credence to Oklahoma, but take away the game the Orgeon refs stole, and they are right there in the BCS.

It's obvious this system doesn;t work. The only saving grace this year will be that Ohio St is that much better than everyone else.

The problem then becomes, what if they lose. What if they play Michigan and lose a close game or lose on a missed FG or bad call.

It's time for a playoff -- obvisouly there are issues there, but they are better than this.

digi
    digi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida

Razz

It's interesting that in the ESPN poll, 36 states voted Michigan and 14 voted Florida.
    The 14 that voted Florida were the 11 southeastern states, Utah (where Urban Meyer used to coach), Ohio State (they would much rather play Florida than Michigan), and West Virginia.

If you look at their "resume", Michigan and Florida are probably fairly close, but I've watched both teams play all year, and Florida isn't in Michigan's league. UF isn't even a top-5 team. I'd rather see Oklahoma, Michigan, Louisville, or LSU play OSU - though only OU and UM really deserve it, all those teams would at least be competitive. I wouldn't want any part of Florida +14.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Ohio state will proably beat the Gators. football has funny bounces and the game is played and things happen (just ask USC) It would not shock me in the least if the Gators win.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    It's interesting that in the ESPN poll, 36 states voted Michigan and 14 voted Florida.
    The 14 that voted Florida were the 11 southeastern states, Utah (where Urban Meyer used to coach), Ohio State (they would much rather play Florida than Michigan), and West Virginia.

If you look at their "resume", Michigan and Florida are probably fairly close, but I've watched both teams play all year, and Florida isn't in Michigan's league. UF isn't even a top-5 team. I'd rather see Oklahoma, Michigan, Louisville, or LSU play OSU - though only OU and UM really deserve it, all those teams would at least be competitive. I wouldn't want any part of Florida +14.
    Seems strange that a guy from the South thinks Michigan and a guy from the Midwest thinks Florida should go. I really think if anything Michigan is a fraud. I swear if Michigan is selected over Florida it will be borderline criminal. In fact an investigation should be initiated if Michigan is selected....wins against ND (no longer impressive) and a win against an overrated Wisc team don't look all that great compared to Florida's schedule...

Just to let you guys know I grew up in Michigan and lived most of my life there....so I am very objective on a situation like this

dave11486

Michigan is not overrated. And, it would not be criminal because they both have one loss. Whatever happens happens and it will not matter anyways because if the Gators did get a shot they would lose. Gators only shot is to see OSU turn it over 3 times or more again.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Sorry Dave but Michigan is overrated.....I know OSU fans want to lift them as high as possible and it's natural becasue they beat them. Ohio State would destroy them a second time. There is no comparison between OSU and MICH....OSU is clearly the better program and team in just about every facet.

dave11486

That's the thing what team is second best in the nation is the question. Michigan has to get that ranking. Who else deserves it? Florida maybe and that is it. When you say overrated do you mean they are perceived as better than they really are or they have a better ranking than they deserve?

BuddyBear
    Update your status

They have a better ranking than they deserve....although this a very bad year in terms of quality teams in the country. I really think any SEC school would give OSU a better shot than MICH. MICH had their chance were completely outgained. Despite having a +3 turnover margin they were still down 11 with 2:00 left to go and needed a miracle pass interference call to get the cover. The game was never in doubt for OSU. All these MICH fans who keep referring to this extremely close 3 pt game are a bit delusional. It's one of those final scores that is very misleading a lot like Florida's 11 pt loss to Auburn.

The reality is MICH can not compete with OSU in Columbus, in Ann Arbor, or on a neutral field. I hope to God that FLA gets the nod over MICH.

prickbeater101
    prickbeater101's Avatar Become A Pro!

MSN has announced bowl pairings already...
    Ohio St vs Florida
    LSU vs Norte Dame
    USC vs Michigan

lets see how correct they are

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear
    It's one of those final scores that is very misleading a lot like Florida's 11 pt loss to Auburn.
    Yeah, that's a large part of why I say Florida has no business in this game. It was a minor miracle that Florida stayed within 21. Auburn totally dominated every facet of that game, and, even though they only won by 10, there was no doubt in my mind when I left Jordan-Hare that Florida was the third best team I had seen in person (behind LSU and Auburn). And here's the funny thing ... Auburn sucks. We're not good at all, and I think Nebraska will kill us.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    I agree. Florida played through the brutal SEC with only one loss. Michigan also deserves it, but the pollsters only remember the last thing they saw and that was Florida beating Arkansas.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Other point that Michigan shouldnt be playing for the title is, they didnt even win their conference. So why give them the chance?

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Yeah, that's a large part of why I say Florida has no business in this game. It was a minor miracle that Florida stayed within 21. Auburn totally dominated every facet of that game, and, even though they only won by 10, there was no doubt in my mind when I left Jordan-Hare that Florida was the third best team I had seen in person (behind LSU and Auburn). And here's the funny thing ... Auburn sucks. We're not good at all, and I think Nebraska will kill us.
    I don't know if we saw the same game.....but statistically it was very close. The score is misleading b/c it should be a final of 3 as opposed to 10 and let's not forget that AUB did not have an offensive TD. I think the right call was made here by inserting FLA as opposed to Mich. Let MICH and their spoiled students, alumni, and god awful ugly women cry about this one.

Trust me, I've thought about this decision for some time and I consider myself very objective considering I grew up in MI so you can count on me for an honest assessment here.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

good to see Florida gets to play in the championship...