SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tony George: Back the Bruins vs the Trojans

Back the Bruins vs the Trojans

Game Time: 12/2/2006 4:30:00 PM

By: Tony George
    Football picks NFL Picks sports gambling Baseball picks college football picks basketball picks odds

Look for the UCLA Bruins to keep the game closer than the spread this Saturday afternoon when they host the USC Trojans in their traditional PAC-10 rivalry.

We cannot ignore the large spread with this game, even though UCLA is not near the dominant team that USC is.

The Trojans just blew out Notre Dame, and I was all over them in that spot. However, at 6-5 the Bruins will not go silently into the night. The Bruins' defense is far superior in speed and ability to that of Notre Dame, a team they almost beat in South Bend earlier this year. Chris Horton leads the team with 81 tackles, with Justin Hickman (12½ sacks) and Bruce Davis (11½) forming a strong pass rush tandem.

Having two weeks to rest, heal, and prepare as the role of the spoiler here is also a huge plus for UCLA who was just tabbed to face Florida State in the Emerald Bowl on Dec 27.

Things do not come easy for marquee teams this late in the year, and with nothing to lose, the Bruins will play loose and take chances and open it up on offense. USC will be tighter in this game than the Notre Dame game. Trust me, it is all on the line here for the Trojans. That being said, a 66-19 blowout USC win last year is fresh on the Bruins minds.

I'll grab the points in this rivalry with a small play on UCLA expecting them to keep it close. Take the Points, they will climb.

Play: UCLA +13½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel the over is the way to play this game. I see alot of points being scored in this game.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line is currently 12.5

I think this will be a close game, but I will probably pass.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

UCLA to almost win in this one. I feel this game is bound to be good, so UCLA will be my play.