SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greg Daraban: Take Troy St vs. FIU

Take Troy St vs FIU

Game Time: 12/2/2006 7:00:00 PM

By: Greg Daraban
    Marc Lawrence's Playbook: Free and Guaranteed Picks

A long and trying season will mercifully come to an end for Florida International (0-11) on Saturday in the form of another defeat at the hands of Troy (6-5).

The Sun Belt Conference Championship will be on the line in this one. Troy St pulled the miracle win at Middle Tenn St 21-20 last Saturday and with that win put themselves in the driver seat to win the Sun Belt and a trip to New Orleans.

Just one thing can stop the Trojans, and it is not Florida International necessarily. FIU is 0-11 and was shut out by rival Florida Atlantic last week, 31-0. This has been a miserable season for the Golden Panthers who had almost half of their team suspended after the ugly fight with Miami (Fla). On top of that, Don Strock has resigned.

This game is in South Florida, but there will not be more than a handful of people in the stands. Troy St has all the advantages including a better team, and the thought of playing in the postseason. The Trojans roll in the season finale.

Play: Troy State
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 08-05-14 at 04:32 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was liking Florida International in this game myself.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's hard to give someone serious credit who doesn't even know the proper name of the team he is betting.

taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    It's hard to give someone serious credit who doesn't even know the proper name of the team he is betting.
    You got me, Razz. Isn't FIU playing Troy St ??

Razz

Haha, no. They've been known as Troy University for almost three years now.
    There was a big to-do around here about no longer having the "State" in the name.

taurus

Ah, so it's just plain Troy. I get it.
    Meanwhile, I'd be curious as to why bigboy likes FIU.
    I'm a dog lover but Troy looks pretty good to me here.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Me too

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

razz,

you really are a rascal giving these touts hell...lol...atta boy...

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by taurus
    Ah, so it's just plain Troy. I get it.
    Meanwhile, I'd be curious as to why bigboy likes FIU.
    I'm a dog lover but Troy looks pretty good to me here.
    I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Troy is pretty weak offensively, and aren't really equipped to blow anyone out. I think FIU will be motivated for this game, since outgoing head coaches are generally solid bets in their last home game, and Don Strock has already resigned from FIU. FIU also has more talent than people realize, now that they have gotten almost everyone back from suspension. Meanwhile, Troy could come a little flat after the 1-point win at MTSU (they trailed 20-7 with 2:20 left, but won 21-20). That game could have taken a lot out of them, and I don't think they get off to a quick start here.

pags11

razz,

good point about FIU getting most of their players back...

taurus

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Troy is pretty weak offensively, and aren't really equipped to blow anyone out. I think FIU will be motivated for this game, since outgoing head coaches are generally solid bets in their last home game, and Don Strock has already resigned from FIU. FIU also has more talent than people realize, now that they have gotten almost everyone back from suspension. Meanwhile, Troy could come a little flat after the 1-point win at MTSU (they trailed 20-7 with 2:20 left, but won 21-20). That game could have taken a lot out of them, and I don't think they get off to a quick start here.
    That's damn well thought through, Razz

freeneasy
    freeneasy's Avatar Become A Pro!

which games did florida's suspentions begin and end with and how many players were suspended ? cause my numbers make troy a 24 point winner and my best looking bet on the card and if 4 or 5 key players were out during those games that i used in handicapping my numbers then that would probably shoot a hole in making troy a 24 point winner

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by freeneasy
    which games did florida's suspentions begin and end with and how many players were suspended ? cause my numbers make troy a 24 point winner and my best looking bet on the card and if 4 or 5 key players were out during those games that i used in handicapping my numbers then that would probably shoot a hole in making troy a 24 point winner
    18 players were suspended following the Miami game. They were reinstated sometime last week.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

FIU won't score more than a TD most likely, so Troy is a safe play.
    Troy 24-7

Razz

I pulled the ole' Jimmy Eat World in this game. Good thing too, with that Arkansas disaster.

pags11

congrats Razz...FIU scored with about four mins. left...missed the XP...