Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

I can't believe some people don't realize that he has arguably the best OL in the country. Kid is good and there is no denying that, but he has had a ton of help from the OL. The time he got is ridiculous.

Will be interesting to see how he does with the new guys next year. I'm going I say the #'s go down considerably.

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16152

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    That is like saying Clemson ate Cam Newton for lunch, Manziel is the best college player ever
    Most impressive performance I've ever seen on a college football field & I'm old I've seen alot. Saw Anthony Davis when USC was behind 24-0 to ND in the 70's when he ran back a kickoff for a TD right before halftime then ran back the 2nd half kickoff for another TD. Ran wild scored 6 TD's & USC scored 55 straight points.

This was better. Unlike another poster I don't see how he can get better, it's almost impossible to be better
    than he was last night. Imagine how dumb the sportswriters would have felt after seeing this game if they gave the Heisman to anyone else!

Wilfred

Yesterday was the most impressive performance you've ever seen? You realize there was absolutely zero pressure getting to him right? Tajh Boyd Vs LSU was way more impressive seeing how he had free rushers in his face and knockin him down every time he had the ball.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Crazy all the love this guy gets when first game of the season before LA Tech game was postponed 99.9% of this board had A&M losing.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

No doubt he will have a down year next year. People overreacting as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    You guys with these offensive line comments are cracking me up. You mean to tell me OL can't be replaced? You can find 300 lb people off the street and give them a scholarship. They'll block.
    Texas A&M has the #7 recruiting class in the nation next year, those linemen who may leave for the NFL have top notchers on the way to replace them. Anyway the line was good but not at the same level of Alabama, ND or LSU lines, lets give credit to Manziel, he wouldn't have lost a game with his talent with the Alabama line!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Yesterday was the most impressive performance you've ever seen? You realize there was absolutely zero pressure getting to him right? Tajh Boyd Vs LSU was way more impressive seeing how he had free rushers in his face and knockin him down every time he had the ball.
    That coming from someone who credits the A&M line as the best in the country. Taj Boyd isn't even one of the most valuable 2 guys on his own team! Vince Young leading Texas to the national championship vs. Leinart & Bush at USC put on a similar performance the last decade. This was better, Manziel's a swivel-hipped darter with a great arm & instincts!

Wilfred

Quote Originally Posted by 15805 View Post
    Texas A&M has the #7 recruiting class in the nation next year, those linemen who may leave for the NFL have top notchers on the way to replace them. Anyway the line was good but not at the same level of Alabama, ND or LSU lines, lets give credit to Manziel, he wouldn't have lost a game with his talent with the Alabama line!
    Uh OL do not just go in and play unless its very unique. They are like DE's there is a learning process. Consensus is that next year will probably end Manziels college career so he will never have the benefit of them. Oh and you do realize they are losing 2 first rounders on the line right? So those replacements will probably never be as good as what they have now.

Wilfred

Quote Originally Posted by 15805 View Post
    That coming from someone who credits the A&M line as the best in the country. Taj Boyd isn't even one of the most valuable 2 guys on his own team! Vince Young leading Texas to the national championship vs. Leinart & Bush at USC put on a similar performance the last decade. This was better, Manziel's a swivel-hipped darter with a great arm & instincts!
    You haven't watched Clemson this year. Manziel would not survive there. Who do you think is more important than Boyd on Clemson? Hopkins? Ellington?

A&M line might be behind ND and Bama. But yeah they are pretty damn good.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6765

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    You guys with these offensive line comments are cracking me up. You mean to tell me OL can't be replaced? You can find 300 lb people off the street and give them a scholarship. They'll block.
    what a dumb statement

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be interesting to see how he survives Year #2 in the SEC. Have a feeling someone from LSU, Florida or Alabama is going to drive his body in a direction it wasn't meant to go at some point. You can bet your ass that the real coaches in that conference will devote their entire off-season to scheming against him. Sumlin is a fantastic coach though, so perhaps he finds new ways to protect him.

Biggest thing for him will be fighting against history of the Heisman and living up to the expectations now.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post

what a dumb statement

Like I said... you can pick up any OL off the street.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I wish I was a bookie, such an easy living with the thoughts bettors have.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

The spread will fail to cover if Texas A&M's defense become one of the worst in the nation.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Don't be a prisoner of the moment.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    No doubt he will have a down year next year. People overreacting as usual.
    if this isnt an oxymoron i dont know what is, yet its the other people on here are overreacting lol? agree to disagree.

OP you are right, the dude will only get better and is a true stud. with the coach A&M has, im not the least bit worried. really sad so many people are such poor judges of talent or are just flat out haters. i'll enjoy A&M covering many spreads easy while they typical wannabe sharps on here are left saying the same things when they lose "he's overrated", "that was a lucky cover", "but...but they wont cover next week" etc, etc.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

great player heisman deserving.....not the best ever.....dont forget Herchel Walker...

PaperTrail07

Walker played running back for the University of , where he was a three-time All-American and winner of the 1982 Heisman Trophy and Maxwell Award. He is the only player in NCAA history to finish in the top three in Heisman voting in all three of his collegiate seasons. He is the only NCAA player to finish in the top ten in rushing yards that played only three years. During his freshman season in 1980, Walker set the NCAA freshman rushing record and finished third in Heisman voting. Walker was the first "true freshman" to become a first-team All-American.[5]
    He played a major role in helping Georgia avoid defeat that year and win the de facto national championship with a victory over Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl.[6] He won the Heisman as a junior.[7] In 1999, Walker was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame and is considered one of college football's greatest players.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-13-14 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

PaperTrail07

walker....hands down...greatest college player of ALL TIME......wont be anyone taking his records

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

He's good but in the NFL, he needs to learn to throw that ball lower, he's going to get his WRs killed he keeps throwing that ball where the WR is going to get licked pretty hard after the catch.

PaperTrail07

He said he aims for the facemask .....what most QB's do...but i agree

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

his lines gonna be a lot worse next season.

Lakeshow_ds
    Lakeshow_ds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 447

In Manziel we trust!

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Look at Geno Smith, after last years bowl game and the 1st few games this year he was a Heisman "lock" and the next big thing. Now he will lucky to be drafted on the 3rd day in April.

qb1789
    qb1789's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    Look at Geno Smith, after last years bowl game and the 1st few games this year he was a Heisman "lock" and the next big thing. Now he will lucky to be drafted on the 3rd day in April.
    Do not say stupid things like this. Geno is being looked at as the number one overall pick you idiot. The worst case scenario is a drop to 20-25 range. Go back to your cave.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Guy has been arrested twice in 9 months...recently as Dec....odds he makes it to next Sept off the field are growing worse for him.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    walker....hands down...greatest college player of ALL TIME......wont be anyone taking his records

and to think there are people who think there's a doubt over whether herschel was better than bo

barry sanders second best ever just based on the one season he wasnt behind thurman thomas

qb1789
    qb1789's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Guy has been arrested twice in 9 months...recently as Dec....odds he makes it to next Sept off the field are growing worse for him.
    What was the other arrest besides the drunken fight/fake id incident?

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by qb1789 View Post
    Geno is being looked at as the number one overall pick
    reid loves running QBS

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    You haven't watched Clemson this year. Manziel would not survive there. Who do you think is more important than Boyd on Clemson? Hopkins? Ellington?

A&M line might be behind ND and Bama. But yeah they are pretty damn good.
    I've watched Clemson plenty & they are scary good but:

Manziel made it through easily the entire SEC schedule & your thinking he wouldn't survive in the ACC playing Auburn, BC, Wake, Duke, NC State & Maryland?

As for Boyd he's good but shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with Manziel! It's my guess that the Clemson fanatics who wear there favorite players jerseys to the games wear more #6 & #2 jerseys
    than Boyd's #10!

reid loves running QBS
    Smith is hardly a running QB. If Reid likes running QB's he won't pick Smith, The nicest running QB who's draft eligible isn't a #1 pick but Florence of Baylor is a terrific running QB.

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

Wasn't one the only arrest was for having a fake id this past summer
    Quote Originally Posted by qb1789 View Post
    What was the other arrest besides the drunken fight/fake id incident?

sparky12
    sparky12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

He has a weak arm but he can run. Another solid College QB but wont do much in the NFL.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Barkley and Manzeil different species

Barkley is a west coast homo sapien. He is indigeous to the hollowed out cave know to man as a vaginia. He slips in the juices flowing from this region. Manzeil is born in the region know as Big Balls. He fears nothing and has the college skills to be one of the most exciting players we have seen. I hate the word moxy but this kid has it dripping off him. Gettin it done boys give it up! Johnny Football get used to it, the media is going to over play the shit out of this kid don't hold it against him. Only knock i got on him is the stupid ass shyt he was doing after a big play the other day. Make the play get up get in the huddle you are not black don't act like em. You already run faster think quicker and jump higher 360 degree dunking ability don't ruin a good thing by acting like them. Let them dreded (hair extensions) up monkeys dance and act the thug they are by far WAYYYY better at it with centuries of tradition and practice at acting the fool. Love thy brother
    Points Awarded:

hkarmy_kenny gave ZINISTER 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

reid loves running QBS

He is not really a runner pretty fast but not very strong or agile, he can put up the 40 time but really does not run for any yards kind of like David Carr or Palmer or Peyton had pretty good 40 times but never run

says he is 4.78 thought he was a little faster, so he is actually slower than the 3 guys I mentioned.

First 123 Last