InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    According to the current format they did belong though.. plenty of other teams had chances to keep them out of the top 16 .

Wouldn't say the conference is a joke as they werent expected to compete and aren't considered a top tier conference

They had a shot at tying during the 3rd quarter when lynch threw a pick inside the 20..
    Also I noticed you said about it being a blowout if fsu could completely a 3rd down, don't you think niu has something to do with that?

End of the day
    Its not their fault the bcs is a faulty system..

Then again anytime a smaller school gets in the bully schools won't like it
    Not really....FSU rolled over them on first and second down....and their reputation is for having periods of lax effort....thats what i'd chalk it up to

and the bcs rules are fine but niu climbed what, 5 spots to get in on the last week? that's where the problem was....shouldn't have happened

keep in mind i have no problem with non bcs schools getting in....like i said they were 4-2 or whatever before yesterday....and 5 of those 6 games were competitive....last night was a snoozer....the lead article on yahoo sports was about it being a shit game

here's the story http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

cutchemist42
    cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

While I thought other non-AQ teams were more deserving of the BCS and better then NIU, NIU did not have anything close to the most embarrassing BCS appearance. I was surprised the game was still within a TD in the 2nd half.

I see it like Hawaii in 2007, the voters got in a not great team. Anyone here think Utah St/Boise/SJSU are still better then NIU?

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

what is even more hilarious is the comments Jordan Lynch made before the game. I bet he is regretting that big time.

zoo youk

They’re fast, they’re physical,” Lynch said about FSU’s defense in a story published Thursday afternoon by Sporting News, “but they haven’t seen anything like our offense.”

“They’re just like us. They’re human, too. If you cut them, they bleed.”
    “We plan on wearing them down. In the fourth quarter, we plan to have them on their knees — and then just keep pounding away.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    They’re fast, they’re physical,” Lynch said about FSU’s defense in a story published Thursday afternoon by Sporting News, “but they haven’t seen anything like our offense.”

“They’re just like us. They’re human, too. If you cut them, they bleed.”
    “We plan on wearing them down. In the fourth quarter, we plan to have them on their knees — and then just keep pounding away.

In the game last night this was mentioned as being taken out of context .. who know

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Not really....FSU rolled over them on first and second down....and their reputation is for having periods of lax effort....thats what i'd chalk it up to

and the bcs rules are fine but niu climbed what, 5 spots to get in on the last week? that's where the problem was....shouldn't have happened

keep in mind i have no problem with non bcs schools getting in....like i said they were 4-2 or whatever before yesterday....and 5 of those 6 games were competitive....last night was a snoozer....the lead article on yahoo sports was about it being a shit game

here's the story http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3
    So It wad fsu reputation that stopped them on 3rd own..

And they moved up so much because everyone in front of them lost..

Ucla Texas Nebraska got crushed. They beat a team a head of them.

They wouldn't of got in if Nebraska didnt get killed..
    If Nebraska loses in a close game they dont drop far enough for niu to get in..

So now you think the bcs rules are fine?
    Its the same rules that got them in.

O well. It definitely wasn't the worse bcs performance we've ever seen.

Other conferences had their chances to keep them out of the top 16 I.e. big east. Big ten. Ucla. Texas.

Good season for niu.

And an orange bowl win is nice for fsu.

Lol yahoo sports.

Have a good day posters

zoo youk

In the game last night this was mentioned as being taken out of context .. who know
    yeah i heard but, those are pretty strong words, how can u take that out of context lol..but like u said who knows

ebbearsfb1

yeah i heard but, those are pretty strong words, how can u take that out of context lol..but like u said who knows
    I'd imagine they set the kid up with a question to get a response of that sort.
    You know how reporters are..

zoo youk

NIU always has great seasons with crazy offensives and their HC ups and leaves for the bowl game. I believe this is the third straight year. even though they were getting DOMINATED in the trenches they were still trying to for Lynch running to ball and to be honest, I know he runs the ball a decent amount but I think that interim HC over used him, and didnt take take enough chances (besides the special teams stuff) i've have watched a couple NIU games this year and I dont ever remember him having that many rushes unless hes absolutely gashing the defense.

zoo youk

run some quick swing passes to the outside edges to take some pressure off your o line or something...IDK who knows...but that interim was in way over his head

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

So It wad fsu reputation that stopped them on 3rd own..

And they moved up so much because everyone in front of them lost..

Ucla Texas Nebraska got crushed. They beat a team a head of them.

They wouldn't of got in if Nebraska didnt get killed..
    If Nebraska loses in a close game they dont drop far enough for niu to get in..

So now you think the bcs rules are fine?
    Its the same rules that got them in.

O well. It definitely wasn't the worse bcs performance we've ever seen.

Other conferences had their chances to keep them out of the top 16 I.e. big east. Big ten. Ucla. Texas.

Good season for niu.

And an orange bowl win is nice for fsu.

Lol yahoo sports.

Have a good day posters
    wrong side of the bed today bears?

i think its funny that you put words in my mouth....never said it was "reputation" that stopped fsu....if you didnt see the difference was their lack of execution and not niu's defense i dont know what to tell you....and when did i complain about the bcs rules (in fact i think i mentioned other non bcs teams being legit in the past)

again i'll put it to you clearly....niu made it in under the rules...that said, they were not and are not one of the best 16 teams in the country so they shouldn't have been there....they beat NO ONE to get there....my problem was not with the rules but with the way they slid up in the polls....teams can lose and not always slide down in the rankings significantly....i guess maybe you forget alabama the last two years?

sorry i provided you with third party opinions....it was just one link....im sure there's plenty more if you want me to find them

niu shouldn't have been there

zoo youk

i think its funny that you put words in my mouth....never said it was "reputation" that stopped fsu....if you didnt see the difference was their lack of execution and not niu's defense i dont know what to tell you....and when did i complain about the bcs rules (in fact i think i mentioned other non bcs teams being legit in the past)

again i'll put it to you clearly....niu made it in under the rules...that said, they were not and are not one of the best 16 teams in the country so they shouldn't have been there....they beat NO ONE to get there....my problem was not with the rules but with the way they slid up in the polls....teams can lose and not always slide down in the rankings significantly....i guess maybe you forget alabama the last two years?

sorry i provided you with third party opinions....it was just one link....im sure there's plenty more if you want me to find them

I completely agree with that. no IDEA why Manuel threw the ball 28 times the first half when the offensive line was completely mauling them...to out gain them 3 to 1 in yardage towards the end of the first half at one point and only have a 4 point lead is terrible and is all on the FSU play calling.

if they simply just kept sticking the ball in the RBs gut they would have been breaking off huge runs and the score would have gotten out of hand real quick. instead they decided maybe to try and "show off" Manuels arm to possibly improve his draft stock? (which was a complete fail) who knows what the hell they were thinking? they knew it was there, every one could see it, as they went to it late in the game to finally put NIU out of their misery...so that is the only thing I can think of is that they were trying to improve Manuels draft stock.

ebbearsfb1

Where did I say niu should be there? And Alabama the last 2 years didn't get blown out in there losses.. thus not dropping as far... also polls all depend on when you lose as much as anything else.. just look at fsu and ksu this year .. both dropped 4 to 5 spots. put it to me clearly that I'm not even arguing who should of been in the game .
    I think it's stupid that a team needs to get into the top 16 from a non aq conference. Should Be top 12 but all the teams that were a head of niu lost the last week .. those teamsnhad their shot from keeping them from rising .. o well lot of unhappy people. No win for either team

Mac was hardly embarrassed last night and the bcs is flawed has been my point all along.. there been much worse bcs performance from aq teams. End of story it is what it is..will never get the top 10 for all bcs games

I would of rather seen sc or Georgia vs fsu but o well
    Have a good one.

Last edited by ebbearsfb1; 01-02-13 at 12:04 PM.

zoo youk

Where did I say niu should be there? And Alabama the last 2 years didn't get blown out in there losses.. thus not dropping as far... also polls all depend on when you lose as much as anything else.. just look at fsu and ksu this year .. both dropped 4 to 5 spots. put it to me clearly that I'm not even arguing who should of been in the game .
    I think it's stupid that a team needs to get into the top 16 from a non aq conference. Should Be top 12 but all the teams that were a head of niu lost the last week .. those teamsnhad their shot from keeping them from rising .. o well lot of unhappy people. No win for either team

Mac was hardly embarrassed last night and the bcs is flawed has been my point all along.. there been much worse bcs performance from aq teams. End of story it is what it is..will never get the top 10 for all bcs games

Have a good one.
    they showed a stat last night that before last nights game NON AQ teams were 5-2 in BCS games. 1 one of losses was Hawaii which was a complete ass raping. but that is a pretty good record.

ebbearsfb1

Right by aq I'm talking performances by Pitt, Clemson last year, Cincinnati, Alabama , notre dame, etc.. was just pointing out we''ve seen worse efforts than the one by niu last night by teams who are considered deserving..

I would preferred to see a L.A. tech or something but they lost.

I'm sure losing the coach didn't exactly help.
    The other non aq teams. All had more stable backgrounds or were a known mod major power team
    Anybody can beat anybody on any given night
    they showed a stat last night that before last nights game NON AQ teams were 5-2 in BCS games. 1 one of losses was Hawaii which was a complete ass raping. but that is a pretty good record.

cutchemist42
    cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

Let's not forget they were 5-2 as well because they had Boise and TCU play each other.....

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

that's the worst rule of the bcs system that only two teams from a conference can get in....unless an odd chance where a third team wins the conf championship and two others play for the nat'l title...i dont know how they thought of that possibility but if lsu lost the seccg last year it could have happened....anyway i digress....i get why the limit rule is in place seeing everyone else whine about the sec supposedly not being so dominant (it actually is)...people would be screaming bloody murder if there were three or four sec teams in the bcs when in reality they probably deserve it

First 12