OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can someone give me one reason to take Nebraska?

The Big10 vs. the SEC to me says enough. Although I like NW today, Nebraska is that same slow white team that will get crushed by a team with better coaching, athletes, playmaking ability, and conference play.
    I know Nebraska was down to end the year and that is factored in, but you're giving me an SEC defense in warm weather against a team of white guys that make their butter off running the ball?

I just honestly can not fathom a way Nebraska covers here. They aren't going to outphysical a bigger and more athletic team, but obviously the line isn't set to just pay the public on the SEC school.

Anyone?

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unless you're playing for the BCS, outer bowl games mean jack shit to these teams.

Just like what happened to the public today with LSU, tomorrow will be another blood bath with big name schools burying the public.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dfish

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22707

I can't believe the line has gone to 8.5. Unless they think UGA gets up so big, the first half. They forget why they are there... Wisconsin in the big 10 title game. They didn't forget neither will UGA

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i don't get it. i want to bet uga -8.5 but will just let it go i guess.
    not betting nebraska though, fuk that

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

If your Georgia how the hell you going to get up for capital one bowl knowing you were seconds away from going too national championship game? Georgia has a bunch of players that are more focused on NFL combine than capital one bowl. Don't think Georgia shows up well in this spot. I'm taking Nebraska and the points. GL

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

The only way Georgia loses here is if they just don't show up and don't want to be there. This does happen with teams so close to a title, but I think Georgia rolls. They will have a home field feel in Orlando. That being said a small hedge on Nebraska winning might not be a bad bet if Georgia decides not to show. The value is high. Good luck!

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

So many of you have bought the ESPN sold kool-aide on the SEC dominance this year when really they have not shown you enough out of conference to make that inference... I will be the first to tell you that Nebraska has nowhere near the talent UGA does on defense but Nebraska is certainly a capable offense and it is not like UGA has been good against the run this season... as a matter of fact UGA has given up over 900+ yards rushing in its last 3 games... couple that with Jenkins their mountainous nose tackle being ruled ineligible and I can see Nebraska scoring 30 pts in this one...

I personally like the over.... UGA won't be motivated enough to blow this one out of the water but may cover under 10 pts... it won't be the cakewalk some of you are insinuating though...
    Points Awarded:

swordsandtequila gave Hotlanta Steam 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Winning oasis

OhMyEli

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Steam View Post
    So many of you have bought the ESPN sold kool-aide on the SEC dominance this year when really they have not shown you enough out of conference to make that inference... I will be the first to tell you that Nebraska has nowhere near the talent UGA does on defense but Nebraska is certainly a capable offense and it is not like UGA has been good against the run this season... as a matter of fact UGA has given up over 900+ yards rushing in its last 3 games... couple that with Jenkins their mountainous nose tackle being ruled ineligible and I can see Nebraska scoring 30 pts in this one...

I personally like the over.... UGA won't be motivated enough to blow this one out of the water but may cover under 10 pts... it won't be the cakewalk some of you are insinuating though...
    So much wrong with this post. Plenty of guys on Georgia will be motivated, this is how they make money in the draft, if you think these guys dedicated their lives to football just to not show up in the game when they can make themselves millions you just dont know enough about football.

And the SEC is dominant, yes LSU lost but Clemson is still a Southern team with a lot of big boys, great athletes and somewhere where football is 1b to religion.

Thanks for giving me a reply but I just do not buy into anything you said on Nebraska.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Steam View Post

as you were.....

OhMyEli

I was wrong, I'll admit this one. You were right on Neb and the Over, great calls bud.

OhMyEli

So I was right, Nebraska looked a lot better than I thought they would

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Glad to see the SEC dominate again! I'm from GA and all over this country people refuse to admit that SEC ball is just on a whole other level of intensity. This mid-west, west coast, and Texas shit is SO overrated. I mean hell even my boys GA Tech, who sucked this year, beat those USC beach boys. I bet Barkley wishes he could come back next year...again...because of his "unfinished business". I hate UGA, but glad to see them whup Nebraska.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Glad to see the SEC dominate again! I'm from GA and all over this country people refuse to admit that SEC ball is just on a whole other level of intensity. This mid-west, west coast, and Texas shit is SO overrated. I mean hell even my boys GA Tech, who sucked this year, beat those USC beach boys. I bet Barkley wishes he could come back next year...again...because of his "unfinished business". I hate UGA, but glad to see them whup Nebraska.
    I am clearly from the same area... so I have 2 questions for you...

1. If you are Georgia Tech fan...how in the world could you possibly cheer for UGA?

2. If the SEC defenses are so dominate... how come the best defensive performance today was by South Carolina (the 2nd best defense in the conference mind you) who still gave up 28 pts to a "pedestrian" Big Ten team? Big Ten teams scored 93 pts against the SEC today in just 3 games... that is nothing special to be very honest... I will concede that guys like Clowney are something rare and indeed amazing talents but there was not some vast difference today overall in those ball games that was glaring....