bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

could Spurrier be coaching the Canes next year?

Acording to a few sources, The latest news is that Spurrier Could Be Next Miami Head Coach. Now i've heard the rumors of him going to be a broadcaster at CBS next year, but I haven't heard this one yet til today.

I do feel this would be a good fit for both parties though, because Spurrier would definately get the top notch talent he needs to run that offense he likes to run.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I highly doubt he leaves So. Carolina for Miami...he's got it good at South Carolina, job security for life...at Miami he'd be right back where he was with the Redskins...

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Spurrier said in his press conference that he had no interest in the Miami job. Now, that wouldn't be the first time that a coach has denied interest in a job only to turn up there a short while later. As a loyal Gamecock - class of '78, I hope he stays!

Go Cocks!
    Go SOS !!

Doc JS

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't put much faith in Spurrier saying he didn't want that job either. If the moneys right, and the talent level will be there. I feel he just might jump at the chance to rebuild an historic program like the Canes have Doc.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

Not sure it would happen, but it would be good for both parties. I think he should go to Miami.

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I don't put much faith in Spurrier saying he didn't want that job either. If the moneys right, and the talent level will be there. I feel he just might jump at the chance to rebuild an historic program like the Canes have Doc.
    Dan,

I hear what you're saying...

I'm HOPING he stays. Things that I think agrue in favor of his staying:
    1. He's probably half way though the rebuilding process at USC.
    2. He's 62 years old and he's always said he wasn't going to coach forever.
    3. Columbia is 1:00-1:15 minutes from Augusta!

Come on SOS, STAY !!!

Doc JS

Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Spurrier will be Alabamas coach next year

Name:  spurrier-793422.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  14.7 KB

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

doc makes some excellent points...and I agree with all of them...he's staying put guys...

godevils2001
    godevils2001's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's staying with the Cocks, boys. He's got solid recruits from the past 2 years ready to roll. Look for SC to pushing for the BCS in '07 and beyond.

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by godevils2001
    He's staying with the Cocks, boys. He's got solid recruits from the past 2 years ready to roll. Look for SC to pushing for the BCS in '07 and beyond.
    godevils2001,

I hope you're correct! Been a loyal Gamecock since I was knee high to a duck. A lot of bad years with a taste of mediocrity every now and then.

I freely admit I HATED SOS when he was the coach at Florida. Thought he was an arrogant bastard. But now, he's OUR arrogant bastard!

Go SOS
    Go Cocks

Doc JS