moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by Blade2
    Hawaii has a new problem. Michigan State is attempting to cancel a game at Hawaii in 2007, just as Purdue claims it tried. Before getting ranked, the talk was "Who has Hawaii played? They have not played anyone from the big conferences." So if Michigan State and other Big 10 teams are dodging Hawaii now, how can Hawaii gain legitimacy?
    Michigan State got flat out robbed in a game down in Hawaii a few years back. I think there must've been 4-5 phatom flags in that 2nd half, one being an illegal block in the back where the ref threw the flag with NO Hawaii player even being close to being touched as the MSU player was in the clear and roaming toward the endzone on a 90-100 yard TD return.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm still pissed at them...

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'm still confused by this one. Wish I could have watched it...I was at my buddy's wedding and got a score check when it was 17-0 at the half. I figured I got what I wanted...a flat Purdue club...and an inaccurate Painter and then I wake up still half drunk to find out Purdue actually took the lead midway through the 4th??

I count on my Boilers laying an egg and then they actually show up. Maybe they watched how d*mn hard the basketball team played at Maui and figured that was worth a go?

Also...as far as I know Purdue has never asked Hawaii to cancel the game. Tiller told Purdue's AD to cancel it but he was told to suck it up and coach the team.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wassymac
    Maybe they watched how d*mn hard the basketball team played at Maui and figured that was worth a go?
    The Purdue basketball team is really a team to keep your eye on this season. Painter is a fabulous coach, and the team plays really hard. They will be a really nice dog, and will beat some of the big boys in the Big 10 at home.

pags11

agreed razz...I like what I saw from them at the Maui Invitational...

still pissed at Hawaii's football team about last week...

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Purdue was just the right play guys.. Hawaii is overrated and we were fooled.. Simple as that!!

pags11

have to agree imgv...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    Purdue was just the right play guys.. Hawaii is overrated and we were fooled.. Simple as that!!
    I'd play Hawaii again. They had over 650 yards (12 yards a play) and only punted once. Purdue moved the ball well also (472 yards) but punted four times. They scored on a trick play, and H fumbled twice. I think that saying Hawaii is overrated is insane, they are still vastly underrated in my opinion. I'm coming right back and playing them again this week.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I'd play Hawaii again. They had over 650 yards (12 yards a play) and only punted once. Purdue moved the ball well also (472 yards) but punted four times. They scored on a trick play, and H fumbled twice. I think that saying Hawaii is overrated is insane, they are still vastly underrated in my opinion. I'm coming right back and playing them again this week.
    Thats insane Razz, stop being stubborn and just admit we all made a bad play.. Purdue almost won the damn game, if Painter didn't throw that INT with 2:27 left I think it was safe to say Purdue would of won cause they already scored 35 in the 2nd half alone, Hawaii's OVERRATED defense wasn't stopping them..

Also Purdue had more turnovers and even fumbled the ball right before scoring in the first half..

Hawaii was giving 17 points? We made a bad call, we overvalued Hawaii...
    Last edited by imgv94; 11-28-06 at 07:48 AM.

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

No what happened is everyone was on Hawaii and vegas got involved and vegas just made alot of money. Hawaii scored 2 times in less than 5 mins remaining in the game and got the ball a third time with less than a minute left. I think it was set up how when you average 500 yards a game you average 49.7 points a game but you have 660 plus yards and you can't even score 42. They scored at will the second half and especially to score 14 with less than 5 minutes to win the game. Now you tell me this wasn't set up.

pags11

I kind of agree with sexymit here...I had an weird feeling during the whole game...Jones kicks a field goal on third and goal with 6 secs left in the half instead of going for one more play...he's a shady character and usually runs the score up to cover...I am not against thinking they laid down a little in this one...I know that sounds dumb, but this shit shouldn't have happened...

First 12