loodachris99
    loodachris99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4421

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    lmao at the guys on here...

its a bowl game coaches go for it...

unreal sbr, unreal.
    youre a 6 point favorite in the game...if u think a head coach who will be back coaching the team next year doesnt kick a fg n go for ot ur nuts...literally no reason to go for it

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

alot of coaches will ask seniors what they want to do in that spot....

gotta love dengerates with money on a game acting like they know everything .

same old sbr, everyone load up on the favorite and watch the dog cash outright
    You must be rich bro, shit is soooo easy huh. And no coach goes for it there or asks his fckin 20 year old players what they want to do.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

alot of coaches will ask seniors what they want to do in that spot....

gotta love dengerates with money on a game acting like they know everything .

same old sbr, everyone load up on the favorite and watch the dog cash outright
    It's not just that he went for it. He let the play clock run down to 0 and called time out. He eliminated his opportunity to get the ball back in the scenario where his team failed to make the 4th down conversion. It has nothing to do with it being a bad call on going for it, it has more to do with the way he went for it.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

Ya, i lost money, small amount, and am on a losing streak. If i was a player on wku i wouldn't have gone back into the locker room after the coach passed on the field goal attepmt. Nice of him to break hearts of fans and players, idiot

Hardspun
    Hardspun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

They usually go for it when they are a little closer to endzone. On top of that if u want to go, have the play ready don't call a timeout.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Fawking shit SJ ST better not fawk me now

rolltide39
    rolltide39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

and i cant bielieve they didnt promote this guy to head coach............

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

Biggest Donk Coach ever?

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    It's not just that he went for it. He let the play clock run down to 0 and called time out. He eliminated his opportunity to get the ball back in the scenario where his team failed to make the 4th down conversion. It has nothing to do with it being a bad call on going for it, it has more to do with the way he went for it.
    Agree with this part 100%, he should of known on 3rd down that he was going to go for it on 4th. and if he was going to call timeout, it should of been at 39 seconds on the play clock not 1.
    when its not a bcs bowl game or championship game coaches have more sway of going for it or not.

if they go for it and get it, gamblers love the wku coach,
    if they kick a fg and miss, they would of wanted him to go for it..

apparently post 281, and 282 are coaches and know everything...

post 281,

you think the coach gives a shyt if he is a 6 point favorite? NO, hes trying to win the game,
    Bowl Games team play to win thats a fact, just look at previous bowl games, coaches play to win these things not to go to overtime

post 282,
    where did i say it was easy?

guess you know for a fact that they dont ask their seniors what they want to do?.

guarantee those kids wanted to go for it, and not put it on a kicker and then go to overtime

Cuse0323

Agree with this part 100%, he should of known on 3rd down that he was going to go for it on 4th. and if he was going to call timeout, it should of been at 39 seconds on the play coach not 1.
    when its not a bcs bowl game or championship game coaches have more sway of going for it or not.

post 281,

you think the coach gives a shyt if he is a 6 point favorite? NO, hes trying to win the game,
    Bowl Games team play to win thats a fact, just look at previous bowl games, coaches play to win these things not to go to overtime

post 282,

guess you know for a fact that they dont ask their seniors what they want to do?.

guarantee those kids wanted to go for it, and not put it on a kicker and then go to overtime
    "same old sbr, everyone load up on the favorite and watch the dog cash outright"

sounds like you have it all figured out. And you guarantee the kids wanted to go for it yet ask me if I know for a fact if they asked the seniors what to do. Point is, you don't ask players what to do, you tell them what to do in the best interest of the team.

Cuse0323

But keep up the hypocrisy, it's cool.

loodachris99

Agree with this part 100%, he should of known on 3rd down that he was going to go for it on 4th. and if he was going to call timeout, it should of been at 39 seconds on the play clock not 1.

post 281,

post 282,

cmon man...u must be a fairly smart guy...u think my mentioning them being a favorite has anything to do with the coach thinking about the spread?????????// my point is they are clearly the better team or at least thats what the general conception is, and knowing that the coach should be kicking a fg and playing for over time, is it not a general fact that in football the better team should never have a problem playing for overtime in that spot?... i dont think im a coach, but it doesnt take a brilliant football mind to understand that the better team kicking a fg gives them a better chance to win then putting the game on 1 play............

i still cant think of a single good reason not to kick a fg n try to win the game in overtime..can u give me one besides "cuz thats what the kids want to do"

so many parts of ur post r absurd...no one is saying they know for a fact if the coach asked players what to do, what we are saying is that a coach getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars should never ask a bunch of emotional 20 year olds what they want......let me ask u something....if every single forth down the coach asked his team what they wanted, how often would they go for it...maybe every single time???? hahah ur logic is a joke
    Last edited by loodachris99; 12-26-12 at 10:16 PM.

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    "same old sbr, everyone load up on the favorite and watch the dog cash outright"

sounds like you have it all figured out. And you guarantee the kids wanted to go for it yet ask me if I know for a fact if they asked the seniors what to do. Point is, you don't ask players what to do, you tell them what to do in the best interest of the team.
    not a matter of figuring anything out, its just a matter of following the history of sbr..

right dont ask your players what they want to do... Coaches ask players in those spots, you see it thru out college football. I wont be suprised if we see it again this bowl season.

if they would of got it, you would love the coach,
    if they would of kicked and missed you would of hated the coach.

He obviously, thought the best interest was to go for it, and play to WIN and not go into overtime.

Cuse0323

Whatever you say man, me yelling at the TV that's he's an idiot before the play wouldn't have changed even if they got it. They still would have had to score, I'll take the FG attempt every single time there. You should be ballin if you follow the history of SBR I guess, invite me to your mansion sometime. Have a goodnight.

loodachris99

if u really think going for it was in the best interest of the team idk what to say.....is nick saban or les miles asking his guys what they wanna do in that spot? how bout chip kelly? or any other respected coach in college ball...i dont think so tim

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by loodachris99 View Post
    cmon man...u must be a fairly smart guy...u think my mentioning them being a favorite has anything to do with the coach thinking about the spread?????????// my point is they are clearly the better team or at least thats what the general conception is, and knowing that the coach should be kicking a fg and playing for over time, is it not a general fact that in football the better team should never have a problem playing for overtime in that spot?... i dont think im a coach, but it doesnt take a brilliant football mind to understand that the better team kicking a fg gives them a better chance to win then putting the game on 1 play............

i still cant think of a single good reason not to kick a fg n try to win the game in overtime..can u give me one besides "cuz thats what the kids want to do"

they are the better team based on record, and people will say they beat an SEC school, most people will pick them just because of the record. But CMU was the hotter team coming into this game.

reasons to go for it, well your playing in michigan, so crowd favorites cmu,

not confident in kicker?

coach didnt think they were the better team?

it was 4th and 2 not 4th and 10
    if you watch the play it is open, just not executed.

And to the point that they are the favorite- its still WKU its not a juggernut school, they are still in their minds an underdog.

But,

Fact #1 no one can guarantee the kicker was going to make it.
    Fact #2 if they got the first down everyone on wku would of loved him
    fact #3 if the kicker missed you'd hear why didnt he go for it, it was only 4th and 2...

Coaches are going to be more aggressive during bowl season, always have been always will be. Its not something you can factor in before the game cause you do not know who will be in that spot late. I think people are forgetting this is the Little Cesar Bowl not the national championship. And if your getting this angry over a coach in a low level bowl game, might be betting too much. I know I've been there

Not gonna fight with people.
    Good luck on the rest of your wagers.
    Hope you guys pound the next one.

Good night

ebbearsfb1

if u really think going for it was in the best interest of the team idk what to say.....is nick saban or les miles asking his guys what they wanna do in that spot? how bout chip kelly? or any other respected coach in college ball...i dont think so tim

like i said big difference between a title game, and the little cesars bowl.

and really les Miles and Chip Kelly?

They go for it every chance they get.

Look at Les Miles history of going for it, and he goes for it in big spots in big games.

Reason he is called The Mad Hatter

loodachris99

he goes for it because thats what he wants to do, not because his players say so is the point...either way tho silly arguing..we r all here for the same reason...to win money....i like bowling green tomorrow...bought the hook to +7.5 -120...prob a good idea to fade me....either way good luck lol

Cuse0323

he goes for it because thats what he wants to do, not because his players say so is the point...either way tho silly arguing..we r all here for the same reason...to win money....i like bowling green tomorrow...bought the hook to +7.5 -120...prob a good idea to fade me....either way good luck lol
    We might negate each others bad luck on this one. I just bought SJSU to 6.5 so hopefully it lands on 7. GL man

loodachris99

hahah one of us will have to win!!!!! at least!! lets go 7! gl

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Quote Originally Posted by thfootball View Post
    Ya, i lost money, small amount, and am on a losing streak. If i was a player on wku i wouldn't have gone back into the locker room after the coach passed on the field goal attepmt. Nice of him to break hearts of fans and players, idiot
    I listened to the game on the radio - the WKU broadcasters. They were absolutely incredulous that WKU did not kick the field goal. And it wasn't second guessing on their part, it was first guessing before the play. They even referred to WKU's kicker as "automatic" from that range. And to your point, I quote the color man exactly "you have to give your kids the best chance to win the game and that is by kicking the field goal and going into overtime. They deserve that."

After listening to the interview of WKU's interim head coach at halftime I wasn't surprised by his poor judgment. He sounded like a real backwoods redneck. Just my impression.
    Last edited by Isaiah; 12-26-12 at 11:26 PM.

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you go for it, you line up like you're going for the obvious field goal, and better have like a direct snap fake to pick-up the 2 yards. Or, at least call a simple, easy play like a screen, qb roll-out option, etc. so you have a strong chance. The flinging the ball downfield with the game on the line is inexcusable.

After being down virtually the whole game, and your defense playing decent, you tie the game up and grab all the momentum. Go play some OT and enjoy! Instead, they try to fumble it at the goal line. Then when they luck out by the guy not scoring the TD and is down at the inch line, and they luck out again by not giving up the safety, they shank a 10 yard punt? Even the bomb they caught down the middle was fumbled all but away. Mucho dinero was on the dog at half-time, which some players and coaches acted like they have some real dirty hands.

May God help you and your dirty money find a decent night's sleep.
    Last edited by 4seasons; 12-26-12 at 11:18 PM.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

holy shit your telling me I had to sweat balls on Central Michigan winning that game because the reffs gave Western Kentucky a touchdown when it clearly wasnt a touchdown. I was at the gym working out sweating because of that nonsense. Good god if I would of lost because of that bullshit call I would of been furious

ebbearsfb1

Espn recap paragraph 3 and 4..

"That was all the players. We were going to kick the field goal, but they told me they were here to win the game. Guirdy said " I asked everyone and they wanted to go for it so we took the chance."

Like I said he asked the players.
    played and been around football enough years to know how coaches operate in these situations especially in a bowl game.

Good luck today.
    Peace

First ... 6789