sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Best Week to bet Ever!!!

I'm still up about $1000 for the year, but I took an ass-whipping last weekend, so I did some extra studying for this Saturday and I'm pumped!! For what it's worth, this is how I see it:

My 2nd biggest Lock of the Year:
    (my #1 lock was Cal -8.5 vs. Minnesota in week 2)
    AUBURN -3 @ 'Bama
    As bad as Auburn played last week, Alabama sucks. They lost at home to Miss. St! They're headed nowhere whereas Auburn has New Year's Day bowl potential. AUB 31-14

MIAMI -3 @ Virginia
    Sure, it's a been a hellish season on and off the field for the Canes, but this program has too much pride to tank it the rest of the way. Plus, Virginia is pretty bad and there won't be much of a home advantage for a 4-6 team. Miami 24-10

TENNESSEE -7.5 @ Vandy
    The Vols won't forget last year's upset, and Vandy is headed south losing 3 of 4. TENN 31-17

MARYLAND +8 @ B.C.
    These teams are too evenly matched for such a big spread. BC 27-23

NOTRE DAME -28.5 vs Army
    I've been playing the Irish all year with these big spreads against inferior teams, and this time it should work out. Army is pitiful. ND 45-7

BYU -26.5 vs New Mexcio
    BYU is the only reason I'm in the green this year. They've won me about $2K this year. Betting against them is craziness. BYU 42-10

OKLAHOMA -20.5 @ Baylor
    this 'home' game for Baylor will have more crimson in the crowd than green. Baylor has allowed 152 points in the last 3 games. I'm sticking this one in a 6-point pleaser w/ Notre Dame. Oklahoma 41-3

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not sure if I could play the Canes tomorrow bro. That team appears to have no direction at all, and looks like they might be just playing out the string.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

I think the Canes win this one for Bryan Pata.
    (Auburn line dropped to 2.5! woohoo! time to raie the bet)

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Notre Dame at -28.5 seems like a steal. Like the Tenn. play too.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I disagree with your Auburn pick. Auburn has failed to cover 7straight as a favorite and are demoralized after that ass-whipping last week br Georgia. Brandon Cox is banged up, they have no passing attack.

Bottom line, Alabama +3

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

I agree, Auburn isn't the dangerous team that they were early in the season, I just think Alabama stinks.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I tell you, if Alabama doesn't makes those turnovers for Auburn's first 2 scores they win it. Auburn looked even worse than Alabama did. No wonder Georgia spanked them last week. Oh well, as it usually does, turnovers decide the outcome.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Only one I had here was Auburn. I was glad Bama went for it on 4th and 16 late in the 4th.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alabama is sooo much better than Auburn it isn't funny. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Auburn won
    (<------------- Who's dumber, Dumbose or Shula?) but Alabama is better at every position besides head coach.
    Last edited by Razz; 11-19-06 at 02:00 AM.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9438

Shula doesn't help his cause here with these bad coaching moves. If this nitwit doesn't understand you don't chase points in the first half he shouldn't be coaching? What the freck was he doing going for 2 down 14-9 in the second quarter? He cost them 2 points when they failed the next time, and that decision also led to Auburn going for 2 later, so he cost his team 3 points.

I also thought Shula should have kicked the FG with 5:07 left. You need 2 scores to win anyways, so why not take the 3? If it was 4th and less than 10, I could see going for it, but 4th and 16? Bad move. I had +3, so it didn't matter but I thought he screwed up.

And if the fool had kicked the extra points, he could have kicked the FG with 5:07 and then would have needed just a FG to win.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew
    Shula doesn't help his cause here with these bad coaching moves. If this nitwit doesn't understand you don't chase points in the first half he shouldn't be coaching? What the freck was he doing going for 2 down 14-9 in the second quarter? He cost them 2 points when they failed the next time, and that decision also led to Auburn going for 2 later, so he cost his team 3 points.

I also thought Shula should have kicked the FG with 5:07 left. You need 2 scores to win anyways, so why not take the 3? If it was 4th and less than 10, I could see going for it, but 4th and 16? Bad move. I had +3, so it didn't matter but I thought he screwed up.

And if the fool had kicked the extra points, he could have kicked the FG with 5:07 and then would have needed just a FG to win.
    Not to mention bringing a zero coverage blitz on 3rd and 15 when Brandon Cox can't throw the ball more than 15 yards downfield because his arm is in a penetrating sling.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shula...geez...don't even know where to begin with that guy...

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by pags11
    Shula...geez...don't even know where to begin with that guy...
    Yeah Pags...but his daddy was a really good coach! LOL

Doc JS

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

definitely doc...one of the only reasons he got that job is because of his dad...