Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I'm throwing a nickel on SMU but curious if anyone thinks the line will move up or down. I got 11.5 right now and am fine with that but if it goes up I don't wanna jump on it too early.
    Screw it, I'm taking the 11.5 now as I think it could move down. 12 or 12.5 isn't much different anyway, GL to us few on SMU.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Screw it, I'm taking the 11.5 now as I think it could move down. 12 or 12.5 isn't much different anyway, GL to us few on SMU.
    looks like its going down....i took 12

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    haha - says the guy with a Fresno St avatar.

i dont understand why passionate fans of certain teams bet on sports. its a recipe for disaster if you ask me....
    never heard of ya, On fresno Huge will check in to show you how its done

25k posts since 08

Cuse0323

looks like its going down....i took 12
    Yeah I think it could close at 10.5, GL to us either way. Probably gonna be only a few of us on SMU, which sounds good to me.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post

25k posts since 08
    Make sure to be here when they don't cover.

Dexter
    Update your status

25k posts since 08
    stop getting so emotional kid....the university of fresno st will not help you with your gambling debts.

someone like you would not have ever heard of me....

you can laugh all you want, but i actually have the upper hand on laughing at clowns like you because i am one of the handful of guys on this site who has proven to win long term. its very easy to check into that by looking at all of my documented threads.

Dexter
    Update your status

i dont need to read no stupid ass article about my team...I watched this team every week all season...we win by 2+ TD's at the very least
    wow....look how emotional this kid is.

bro - relax....the guy simply posted an article about the game. does it make you nervous that there may be an angle which contradicts with your vision of a 74-3 fresno win?

there may be no worse experience on this site then dealing with homers. this is a gambling site chief.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

wow....look how emotional this kid is.

bro - relax....the guy simply posted an article about the game. does it make you nervous that there may be an angle which contradicts with your vision of a 74-3 fresno win?

there may be no worse experience on this site then dealing with homers. this is a gambling site chief.
    LOL somebody doesnt have their degree. Dont hate kid I got a free education

overcome
    overcome's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

teasing part of my 15T -2.5 and over 50 fresno

Dexter
    Update your status

LOL somebody doesnt have their degree. Dont hate kid I got a free education
    you're calling me a kid and you type with LOL's and smiley faces like a 14 year old.....

congrats on your scholarship - i wish i wasnt you....

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

you're calling me a kid and you type with LOL's and smiley faces like a 14 year old.....

congrats on your scholarship - i wish i wasnt you....
    so says the guy with a homo name dexter...thats the name of the kid we used to give swirlies in the bathroom in middle school

Dexter
    Update your status

so says the guy with a homo name dexter...thats the name of the kid we used to give swirlies in the bathroom in middle school
    haha - tough guy on the internet and a bully in school. good for you bro.....Merry Christmas pal.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

haha - tough guy on the internet and a bully in school. good for you bro.....Merry Christmas pal.
    let me know how that SMU bet turns out for ya

KANSAS24
    KANSAS24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2187

Fresno ST is the play here

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

another factor in this game....Fresno ST is used to making the trip to hawaii and whooping Hawaii every year. Fresno ST more familiar with the area with less travel than SMU who is travelling farther than Fresno ST
    Going to Hawaii and whooping Hawaii every year? Fresno St has made 13 trips to Hawaii to play Hawaii since 1984. They've lost 9 of the 13 games there (including 5 in a row from 1995-2003). And Hawaii beat Fresno St. in Fresno 3 straight times in 2006 (37-68), 2008 (29-32), and 2010 (27-49). While Fresno St has won 3 out of the last 4 in the series, since 1984, Hawaii holds a 13-10-1 edge, and they've played every year since 1992 and Hawaii is 11-10 in those games.

Hawaii has had the better of the Bulldogs, so you might want to come out of fantasy land in regards to historical references.
    Points Awarded:

Untied gave indio 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DennisT gave indio 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MBolender
    MBolender's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

I like reading opinions on both sides. The problem I really have with SMU is that I think Fresno scores too many for them to gear up a running game. I think it's a shoot out and If I'm right about that, I think I'm right about a Fresno cover.

hoopdreams
    hoopdreams's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1584

I took Fresno St 1H -7.

Fresno St should be able to keep in check SMU's passing attack, while their offense w/ #1 QB in 2014 NFL draft Carr should be able to light it up!

And if things look good I'll play the 2H

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

I wanna take SMU bc I love getting 10+ in bowl games, but the fact is is SMU just isn't a good team. If that Fresno O is clicking they will win by 20+

bigmick
    bigmick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

All I wanted to know is if I was overthinking this wager. in the words of the late Rodney king, cant we all just get along.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

I wish I could find a 1st Half FSU -6.5 instead of -7 numbers everywhere.

hoopdreams
    hoopdreams's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1584

Quote Originally Posted by Catchn_Picks View Post
    I wish I could find a 1st Half FSU -6.5 instead of -7 numbers everywhere.
    I was debating this morning at -6.5, but it changed so now I have to eat that .5!

qb1789
    qb1789's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

LOL some people need to chill out. This meaningless game is NOT life and death. Oh and its Xmas eve. I feel sorry for some of you. Again the play is: SMU +12

thes0vereign
    Don't bet with your heart.
    thes0vereign's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by qb1789 View Post
    LOL some people need to chill out. This meaningless game is NOT life and death.
    Example: You

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by qb1789 View Post
    You all say SMU is a joke but u forget they beat Tulsa (conf champs)by 8 and Fresno lost to the same team by 1. Makes you rethink going heavy on Fresno which I was going to do. More likely to go +12 parlayed with Fresno ML

Books must love your action.

qb1789
    qb1789's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Quote Originally Posted by thes0vereign View Post
    Example: You
    HAHAHA, your retarded. Merry Xmas

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

squares all over SMU...

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow - i guess you're unloading a huge bet on fresno?
    Overstatement, haha. However, Fresno State is a strong play, IMO. Strictly speaking, this is a steep line to bet, but it has to be for the books to get any balance on the action. SMU is going to get stomped.

MBolender
    MBolender's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

I locked in Fresno for 1st half and game. Guess I can stop thinking about it! Merry Xmas all!

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Overstatement, haha. However, Fresno State is a strong play, IMO. Strictly speaking, this is a steep line to bet, but it has to be for the books to get any balance on the action. SMU is going to get stomped.
    you really think the public is going to clean up on the side and total on the 1 game today? Or do you see this being more like a 35-10 type game and under coming in?

never seen you so publicly confident about a play....curious to see how much you bet....

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Well I,ll take Fresno - 12 Luck to all that wager and have a Merry Christmas !!!

Cuse0323

So much for it going down, I guess I should have waited though I don't think it will matter.

jinxpro13
    jinxpro13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    there doesn't seem to be much balance on the action. most people all over fresno.

if they made the line bigger, there would be more balance. not saying your pick is wrong, but some theory is flawed here.

speaking strictly from the vegas angle of capping the game, the way everyone is pounding fresno, makes me think the link should be much bigger. vegas wants money on fresno imo.
    Last edited by jinxpro13; 12-24-12 at 03:48 PM.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    Going to Hawaii and whooping Hawaii every year? Fresno St has made 13 trips to Hawaii to play Hawaii since 1984. They've lost 9 of the 13 games there (including 5 in a row from 1995-2003). And Hawaii beat Fresno St. in Fresno 3 straight times in 2006 (37-68), 2008 (29-32), and 2010 (27-49). While Fresno St has won 3 out of the last 4 in the series, since 1984, Hawaii holds a 13-10-1 edge, and they've played every year since 1992 and Hawaii is 11-10 in those games.

Hawaii has had the better of the Bulldogs, so you might want to come out of fantasy land in regards to historical references.
    wow your cool you can read stats...new bulldog coach new bulldog team which all of us will see 2nite...have fun losing on that SMU ticket

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

you really think the public is going to clean up on the side and total on the 1 game today? Or do you see this being more like a 35-10 type game and under coming in?

never seen you so publicly confident about a play....curious to see how much you bet....
    Not a huge bet ($300) as my bowl season is off to a bad start (December's been a bad month for me), and live betting always allows for an addition at a better line if Fresno is slow off the line. Plus it's Christmas eve, haha. My strongest opinion about this game is that SMU will struggle to score and Carr/Rouse/DeRuyter are all of a mind to make an impression on the national stage.

SMU was very fortunate to be here at all, in a year where there was a concern about even being able to fill all the bowl spots. Their season was decided on the strength of a 4Q goal line stand against a team where they were spotted a 21-0 lead.

Quote Originally Posted by jinxpro13 View Post
    there doesn't seem to be much balance on the action. most people all over fresno. if they made the line bigger, there would be more balance. not saying your pick is wrong, but some theory is flawed here. speaking strictly from the vegas angle of capping the game, the way everyone is pounding fresno, makes me think the link should be much bigger. vegas wants money on fresno imo.
    Public betting %s aren't consistently meaningful. The NFL consensus page in SBR odds highlights how two games can have similar public % numbers and very different amounts of money on the sides. The line opened at -10.5 and has moved as high as -13 on the strength of the public love on a team that is statistically much better, but if the game wasn't isolated like it is, the line probably would be different. If this game was on a normal Saturday, it would be getting very little attention.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 12-24-12 at 05:01 PM.

loodachris99
    loodachris99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4421

are ppl really using smu beat tulsa and fresno lost to them as a reason to bet smu??? that cant be serious logic can it?

First 123 Last