Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9438

Alabama live home dog?

Tide +3 Saturday at home against Auburn. Bama's had a tough season but they've played well enough to stay in most of their games. I think they are a live dog this week, but haven't seen enough of them to be that confident. Auburn seems way overrated to me. Any opinions on this one?

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Auburn was overrated, but now everyone knows they aren't great...still I think they are slightly overvalued. Won't touch this one, but I would take a shot with Bama if I were to bet it.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

I took the tide plus three on Sunday night. Not a strong play however I feel thats the side to be on in that game

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

No. Auburn takes this one.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been trying to get a grip on this game myself, and I can't seem to get one at all. I know it's a rivalry game and all, and both teams leave it all out there on the field every year. I'm just wondering if those 3 points are sucker points or not myself Slew.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Auburn is in a very fragile mindset right now - I have been hearing reports that the players almost feel like there is nothing to play for this week. The best case scenario is a return trip to the Capital One Bowl, a game they obviously didn't give two shits about last year, as they laid an egg against a much inferior Wisconsin team.
    John Parker Wilson is turning into a star. He has playmakers all over the field, and - even though Shula continues to play his third best running back (Darby) - Alabama will muster up enough of a running game to give him time. Alabama's defense is good enough to stop that joke of an Auburn offense, especially since Cox is:
    a) terrible
    b) hurting
    c) likely not to play
    The problem with taking Alabama is that the Tide doesn't know how to win close games. Luckily for them, this one shouldn't be close. Hope I'm wrong, but:
    Alabama 23, Auburn 7
    Last edited by Razz; 11-15-06 at 02:01 AM.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Alabama 23, Auburn 7
    Being an Auburn fan, it must be hard to say that. I guess as an OSU fan it is hard to say that my team's biggest rival has a fair chance of pulling out the win this weekend too.