austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Discussion : West Virginia vs Pittsburgh

I have already circled this game for a play on Pittsburgh.

Pitt coming off of a 2OT loss to UConn and now they are getting 11 points at home. West Virginia might be the most potent offense in the Big East, but they have yet to defend a QB as mobile and accurate as Palco. Now when I say mobile, I am not talking Michael Vick, Reggie Ball scramlbing for 20 yards mobile, but not a strict pocket passer like Brian Brohm either. Pitt for the most part has underachieved this year. Lot of talk how they were waiting for Rutgers, and well RU just ran over them. Now they just lost to UConn at home. The mindset/mood of the Pitt program will not get any lower than it is right now, IMO. One of the main rules when wagering that I keep in the back of my mind is that a team is never as great as they appear to be and they are never as bad as they appear to be. Rutgers, for example, played their Super Bowl vs Louisville, but playing at that level every game and on the road is very tough to do every single week. My point is that if there ever was a time for Pitt to circle the wagons and right the ship, it will happen at home this Thursday in a prime time game vs a top 10 team in the West Virginia. West Virginia's biggest defensive weakness is thier secondary defending the pass. Louisville showed us this. Now add in the fact Palco is a more mobile QB that Brohm, while not as accurate, should present enough problems for the Mountaineer defense. I hope Pitt brings it Thursday night and pulls off the upset. I have already pinpointed Rutgers first loss to West Virginia in Morgantown as I think West Virginia will beat them at their own game. Pitt pulling off the upset would just set this game up even more so with a shorter line.

Just my thoughts so far...what are yours?

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

I agree Pitt is the play here...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I lean Pitt and over. The weaknesses of both team's defenses are likely to be exposed in this one. Pitt hasn't been able to stop the run, WVU hasn't come close to stopping any decent passing team, and I don't really think either changes here. I do think the home crowd, the rivalry factor, and the sense that this game could salvage the season all add up to a lean on Pitt, but they are going to have to score about five touchdowns to win this game.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

guys, Austin is a good capper...just FYI...slight lean to Pitt here....

austintx05

Hey buddy....been awhile and thanks for the kind words. I like my Pitt bet a little bit more now that you like it

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope you are right because I am ready for WV to pound rutgers and indeed a loss to pitt will only increase line value. But, not going to play on Pitt who got thrashed by Rutgers at home, have dropped three straight and who were pounded by WV last year, ...keeping my money in my pocket for this one but rootin' for ya! GL~

austintx05

Tonight's Play

Pittsburgh +11

Philavanh
    Philavanh's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going with Over 52.5 on this game............BOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Philavanh
    I'm going with Over 52.5 on this game............BOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Must have been nice with this one basically in the bank at the half.

austintx05

Well, I kinda felt like I was taken for a ride on this one. Pitt manages to outscore them in the 1st, and manages nothing in the second.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

WV really unleashed the fury in the 2nd half.
    Tough play.