nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't count out the 'Dame

As a hoosier in the minority of those who don't like Notre Dame, it saddens me to think that they may win out and play in Championship game...Thankfully Florida held on
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 11-11-06 at 08:44 PM.

ChrisV
    ChrisV's Avatar Become A Pro!

So they can get pasted by Ohio State(or Mich) again?

Nah, I think USC should take care of them after the cupcake portion of their schedule ends.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am a huge fan of ND and I think it would a joke if they somehow made the title game.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

'joke' is an understatement...sorry ill

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dave11486
    'joke' is an understatement...sorry ill
    I was being nice because I am a huge fan.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

No shot. Bosie has a better shot at the title game.

nosuzieno

now ranked 5th with only loss to Michigan...Win over usc and florida loss to arkansas definitely moves them to 3rd. They may moveto third even if Fla wins..If that happens, either osu/mich rematch or dame plays winner in championship.

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nosuzieno
    now ranked 5th with only loss to Michigan...Win over usc and florida loss to arkansas definitely moves them to 3rd. They may moveto third even if Fla wins..If that happens, either osu/mich rematch or dame plays winner in championship.

I see no way there could be a rematch of OSU/Mich. I think that would be a shame. What a penalty to the winner of that game would be. Hey, great job, you just beat the number 1 or 2 team in the country, and won the Big Ten while going undefeated. Oh sorry, now you have to play them again at a neutral site. And what if the other team wins the second time around, now it's 1-1. Is it a tie? No way there's a rematch.

As for ND, the might get a shot at title game if they beat USC. I could see that. They would probably get smoked though.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

ND is a joke

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

ND can definitely put up points...their defense is highly questionable at this point...

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Only way it can happen is if either Ohio State blows out Michigan or Michigan wins. The Michigan blowout of Notre Dame proves costly. If it goes to overtime this Saturday, I think we will see a rematch for the championship.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have always been a huge Notre Dame fan and it would be awesome to see them make the title game... However, even though it does now seem possible for them to do it, I don't think they would pose a good threat to Ohio State... I believe someone else should get the nod... I do agree with whoever said it would be a slap in the face for the loser this saturday to have to play the winner on a neutral site for the title! I think USC will win out and play Ohio State...

nosuzieno

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    I have always been a huge Notre Dame fan and it would be awesome to see them make the title game... However, even though it does now seem possible for them to do it, I don't think they would pose a good threat to Ohio State... I believe someone else should get the nod... I do agree with whoever said it would be a slap in the face for the loser this saturday to have to play the winner on a neutral site for the title! I think USC will win out and play Ohio State...
    They played OSU tough last year, one of things favoring a rematch if that is how the cards fall out... look forward to the shootout against USC.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

sucks that Notre Dame would get in ahead of Arkansas at this point, because I think Arkansas is the better all around team...

nosuzieno

Love the Razorbacks too, #1 or 2 imo...

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

They played OSU tough last year, one of things favoring a rematch if that is how the cards fall out... look forward to the shootout against USC.
    I guess our definition of tough is slightly different. I recall ND being completely outclassed against OSU. I didn't go look it up so I could be wrong but I think OSU piled up over 600 yds of offense in that game.