imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

After this game I am considering taking a break from gambling

NEBRASKA 28
    TEXAS A&M 27

98 out of 100 times Texas A&M wins this game..

Same thing happened to me last week in the Dallas Cowboys game.. I think this is a sign that I need to just quit gambling on sports for awhile.

I mean these were some sick ass losses..

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Keep your head up, man.
    You're missin some you should hit, just like the rest of us right now. It blows.
    You and I both know you can cap well. Losing is part of the game, and bs losses are a part, too.

I considered taking a break, too - but I bit the bullet and still tried getting my money in good. So far it's a decent day - but I am 2-0 and the Tenn game to go in the SEC. I've only hit 2 in the SEC ALL year (3 if you count a big bet on Georgia BARELY beating Ole Miss - I had Geo on the moneyline, I almost died). How many weeks are we in? that's like 2-20 heh.

It happens, man.
    Just take a break, clear your head. Sometimes going on vaca for a week or 2 and leaving all net access and television access behind REALLY helps. That's what I do when I'm runnin bad playin cards.
    You'll just come back stronger.
    But yeah, that was a sick loss today for A+M. I thought they were mustard, also.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Im not sure a break is something that is best, but if you feel it is. We will see you when you get back. But just think, you could miss out on the upcoming plays that could go your way.

I got screwed on Akron, Thursday night. They punted the ball away with just over 2 minutes to play in the game up 31-10. But the only thing is, the punt went 5 yards and set up Buffalo for a backdoor cover. We all get bad beats, dont let them bring you down.

imgv94

Thanks fellas.. I need to learn to be a man about these things but it just sticks to the back of my mind..

McBa1n
    Update your status

Hell ya man. Learn from it and put it behind ya.
    I do this to win and for no other reason. Just pick winners, baby. You can't win um all - but I'll be damned if I don't try. Bad beats only make you stronger over the long haul - because you realize that when you get gun shy in juicy games (Monday night was a prime example for me - under and Seattle were no-brainers - but I was scared after blowing 1/2 my roll in Chicago) - you should've just stick with your heart.

It's all good man. Go pound a few, chase some tail and everything will be alllll right. I'll admit, my stomach still hurts from the past 3 of 4 weeks - but I know I know the NFL. Bad beat or not, I'm going to get my money in good over the long haul. I know you will, too.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n
    Go pound a few, chase some tail and everything will be alllll right.
    I know your not talking to me, but I think I will do that. At least pound a few tails and chase a few beers. Wait, did I get that right?

Keep your head up IMG. Remember what some say, its a marathon, not a sprint. Just dont drain your bankroll to quickly.

imgv94

Good stuff McBain.. Great stuff actually..

I think it bothers me more than the average person because Gambling is my only source of income right now and losses like this affect my livelihood as well...

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

cincy backdoor pushes my WVa bet, Smu gets outscored 23-3in 2nd, tcu gets outscored 21-3 in second to push me...and on and on my day went. So, I relate partner. I guess that's why it's "gambling". When I go through particular rough streak, I tend to not watch games/ in progress scores and just calculate after their over. Let's get em tomorrow!
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 11-11-06 at 10:23 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel your pain on this one bro.

As looker mentioned above, it's your call if you wanna take a week or so off. However, we both know if you end up going that route you know whats most likely gonna happen. Kinda a catch 22 spot really, especially this time of the year.

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Took a little thump on A&M myself.

Let me be a contrarian and highly recommend time off. And that would apply to anyone, at any point where they are moved to wonder if they should do it. If you're wondering whether you should, it means you should.

In this crazy thing of ours there's never a perfect time to do it except for the MLB all-star break, and that's not nearly enough time.

But a real, total break is a good thing. In any part of life including this one. My experience is that it needs to be at least 10 days -- long enough so that things look different when you come back.

We're not losing opportunities by doing this -- we're creating additional opportunities through our sharper perception on return.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Time off? Only if you're on a losing streak and have lost ability to see things clearly. Otherwise, just continue to play the numbers. Don't even pay attention to one bad loss.

McBa1n
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    Good stuff McBain.. Great stuff actually..

I think it bothers me more than the average person because Gambling is my only source of income right now and losses like this affect my livelihood as well...
    Me, also, man.
    I don't play cards during football. I lose a bumload upon a bumload by doing that - but I love football. Playin cards is only natural to me - and it's easy for me. Betting the NFL is not - that's probably why I love it more than anything. I can only concentrate on one. Funny that I pick the one that pays peanuts versus Jack Daniels money.

Seriously - I am drinkin "the beast" instead of New Castle or Guinness this season. I can taste it in the brats I make on sunday just how crappy I'm doin - "the beast" is no proper marinade for a proper sausage.

McBa1n
    Update your status

I'd also might add, that this is the time of year that 'sharps' get paid off (see pag's plays) and 'squares' do not (see most everyone else's, with all due respect). Sharps are, with all due respect, dumbasses early, because they want the points and the dogs and it makes them smart because they hit 1 of 5 - but right now is sharp time. Now is when value in dogs hits a premium. That's how football works EVERY year. Squares die this part of the season.

But at any rate - I don't care what anyone says - take a week off if you are not confident. Seriously. One week on tilt right now can do more harm than good. Stagnant money is WAY better than lost money - and most 'sharps' will disagree with me there, I think. My philosiphy has ALWAYS been this: Play to win. Don't play for odds - don't stick around for 'value' and certainly don't get your money in on a coin flip.
    When you feel defeated, you will make defeated plays.
    Losing begets losing, etc, etc.

Don't ever do it unless you believe in you. But don't let a few tough beats kill ya. Your losses are nothing. Don't think about crap like 'how am I going to live'. Think about - where do I have an edge.

Betting is easy, like that. It's the other crap that makes it hard. Just play for winners, man. You have the talent - we all do, in some manner. But always bet to win. Screw the other stuff - IMO, that's loser talk... Although, i'm sure I'm wrong by 3-5% in saying that. That just hasn't put a roof over my head before is all.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

imgv94 - We do not know each other, but I wanted to give my point of view. I learned early on when I started wagering on sports that road chalk is a bad idea. I noticed your reference to the Cowboys game last week. I guess everyone has a different perspective on what "value" is. I have just noticed a lot in football this year that home dogs have been cashing at a nice rate. Win some, lose some, but what matters is where you end up. I am lucky enough to say my worst week in football this week was 1-2 dropping 1 unit, but I am up for the season and that my friend is all that matters. Keep your head up and do what has been working for you. Not a good idea to try and change how you bet mid-season.

freeneasy
    freeneasy's Avatar Become A Pro!

you've been hauling frieght cross county long enough to know that you dont get there overnight. you play the game long enough sooner or later your going to get stuck in the snow, stranded in the rain or just flat out break down.
    theres a reason why favored teams like texas, auburn, cal and louisville lose and why usc wins by 800 points when favored by 2. why do i lose on games i fully expect to win? (pitt killed me in all my parlays) its a game of facts and factors. how many factors in a ball game? quite a few. its hit and miss. even when you get it right theres still going to be the hit and miss factor. and i think that hit and miss factor can be the old addage that 'on any given sunday any dog can have his day '