CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Virginia tech -2

One of the most important things to look at when cappin the Bowl games is to find teams who are really happy to be there vs team that are not. This does play into the heads of the players no matter how long they have to prep. And I can not see Rutgers "digging in for a full 4 quarters.! These kids just a few plays away from going to the Orange Bowl and loose to Louisville. Now they are headed for the Russell Athletic Bowl, a clear disappointment. Yes Rutgers has a good "D" ranked 4th in scoring defense,they were very good in the redzone. Now this is not the VT "D" we know from a few years ago,but they are coming around. In the 8th game of the season @ Clemson, they held that offense to just 295 total yards.! And in the 10th game of the season the VT "D" held FSU to -15 yards rushing.! Getting back to the redzone VT offense scored 43% of their TD's from outside the RZ. I think The Hokies win this game big.! A 6 unit play.................................GL

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Thanks for the analysis. You may have something here.

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

hey terp whatup! sad to say I have to disagree with you on this one. Ill most likely be on rutgers. In the game against clemson they "held" clemson to 295 yards really by just playing the possession game with ultra conservative play-calling. which was good coaching strategy by beamer since thats the only way his team is gonna beat a team like clemson. but their pourous defense/missed blown assignments, have been very evident this season. Their defense is nowhere near what it once was, and no matter how well beamer sets things in motion for big defense plays, it comes down to execution which I dont think this vtech team can do. I really see logan thomas struggling against this defense, and probably even may see a pick 6 or 2, thomas just doesnt have the arm strength or the intelligence to play well against the stronger defenses in the league. I think rutgers wins big. ... Good luck to ya pal in the bowl season, Im gonna post my picks for all the bowl games in the next day or 2... make sure to stop by my thread and post your thoughts on any of my picks, would love to hear your input!

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    One of the most important things to look at when cappin the Bowl games is to find teams who are really happy to be there vs team that are not. This does play into the heads of the players no matter how long they have to prep. And I can not see Rutgers "digging in for a full 4 quarters.! These kids just a few plays away from going to the Orange Bowl and loose to Louisville. Now they are headed for the Russell Athletic Bowl, a clear disappointment. Yes Rutgers has a good "D" ranked 4th in scoring defense,they were very good in the redzone. Now this is not the VT "D" we know from a few years ago,but they are coming around. In the 8th game of the season @ Clemson, they held that offense to just 295 total yards.! And in the 10th game of the season the VT "D" held FSU to -15 yards rushing.! Getting back to the redzone VT offense scored 43% of their TD's from outside the RZ. I think The Hokies win this game big.! A 6 unit play.................................GL

I strongly agree with everything you said. Also think the fact that the 6-6 Hokies are favored over the 9-3 Scarlett Knights is very telling on what linesmakers think of Rutgers.

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    hey terp whatup! sad to say I have to disagree with you on this one. Ill most likely be on rutgers. In the game against clemson they "held" clemson to 295 yards really by just playing the possession game with ultra conservative play-calling. which was good coaching strategy by beamer since thats the only way his team is gonna beat a team like clemson. but their pourous defense/missed blown assignments, have been very evident this season. Their defense is nowhere near what it once was, and no matter how well beamer sets things in motion for big defense plays, it comes down to execution which I dont think this vtech team can do. I really see logan thomas struggling against this defense, and probably even may see a pick 6 or 2, thomas just doesnt have the arm strength or the intelligence to play well against the stronger defenses in the league. I think rutgers wins big. ... Good luck to ya pal in the bowl season, Im gonna post my picks for all the bowl games in the next day or 2... make sure to stop by my thread and post your thoughts on any of my picks, would love to hear your input!
    Well good luck to ya,at least one of us will win this one.! As for the defenses VT has given up less ypg than Rut. As for Rut. winning big I doubt it very much,these kids have no interest in being here in Orlando on Dec. 28 th @ 5:30 PM................GL to ya

CappinTerp

I keep on thinking about this game and I may be way off base here but I am adding another 2 units(this @ -2.5) for a total of 8 units, a big bet for me. Just can,t see Rut. who had a dream season going, leading Louisville by 2 TD's late in the 3rd and end up losing 20-17.! Now Lou.goes to the Sugar Bowl to play Fld. on Jan. 2nd @ 8:30 pm and the only game that day. Rutgers is now "demoted" to a much lesser bowl on Fri. @ 5:30, most of country will be at work or traveling home from work. VT had to win it's last two games to make it here. Hokies are only the 6th program in history to be in 20 consecutive bowl games. Let's get back to Rut. Yes 5th in scoring "D".......gave up 3 pts. to U.Conn. #121 in "O", gave up 12 pts. to Tulane # 98th in "O" and shut out Howard U.! Now RT. QB Nova has 13 of his 15 int's in his last 5 games and in his last 2 games has completed less than 50 % of his passes. I could go on and on but I will not, I think you get my point...........tail or fade....or do nothing....good hunting.!!

jakenoss
    jakenoss's Avatar Become A Pro!

CappinTerp,

Rutgers student right here. Just thought I'd provide you some insight as a homer. I agree with the disappointment surrounding the team not making the orange bowl this year when they pretty much had it given to them. Rutgers has been in this situation before and succeeded. Under Schiano, he was a very disciplined coach, very dumb when it came to offensive play calling, but disciplined and he won a lot of games. Flood was on his staff through these times, and I think he will have the players focused and ready to go for the game on Friday. Although it was a disappointment for us football fans, the school actually is very excited to be heading to orlando for a bowl game especially against a former rival from the old Big East in VT. I look for Rutgers to come out playing hard with something to prove against the crappy ACC and win this game outright without a problem. Nova is a terrible QB, but the running game should provide enough comfort for the OC to open the playbook to Nova on play action and make big plays to his 3 NFL ready wide receivers in coleman, pratt, and harrison. best of luck!

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

A good scoring defense against Logan Thomas can be detrimental for VT.

CappinTerp

Thanks for your input jakenoss, I am also from N.J., and glad one of us will win this one.!..............................gl

CappinTerp

Good luck .!

Goatboy
    Goatboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2291

Over 41 easy play.............every time these teams have matched up it's been over.......and VT easily puts up 35 themselves here...book it

king_danilo92
    king_danilo92's Avatar Become A Pro!

vtech.. lock it upppp

befus
    befus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4384

Hey Terp, hope you had a nice Christmas! Have been playing very lightly on these bowls and am a smooth 2-2 thus far. I had no opinion on this one (I saw Rutgers look like the Packers when they played Arkansas, but who didn't this year!). Danny has had a nice year, but think I'll add VT to my plays for old time's sake. I agree with the poster above about watching out for an unranked team favored over a ranked one. Guess we'll see. Happy New Year.

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by befus View Post
    Hey Terp, hope you had a nice Christmas! Have been playing very lightly on these bowls and am a smooth 2-2 thus far. I had no opinion on this one (I saw Rutgers look like the Packers when they played Arkansas, but who didn't this year!). Danny has had a nice year, but think I'll add VT to my plays for old time's sake. I agree with the poster above about watching out for an unranked team favored over a ranked one. Guess we'll see. Happy New Year.
    Good to hear from you buddy hope all is well with you. I have play a few bowls for 1-2 units but really like this game..........it may not hit but then nothing is a "L" ..........time will tell,best of luck to ya.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Goatboy View Post
    Over 41 easy play.............every time these teams have matched up it's been over.......and VT easily puts up 35 themselves here...book it
    when have they matched up?

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Va Tech owns a 11-1 against Rutgers in big east play and 11-3 all time

combine that with longest active winning streak in bowl games and I see plenty of motivation for Scarlet Knights to PLAY 4 FULL QUARTERS.

I'm on the other side.

NicAtNight
    NicAtNight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2098

W ya on VT. Hitting the early favs today

CappinTerp

Saw line @ RUT. -1.............Still like this play alot.!......................Also put 1 unit on OHIO/ULM -under 29.5 1st half..........good luck to all.

Slimpickens

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I strongly agree with everything you said. Also think the fact that the 6-6 Hokies are favored over the 9-3 Scarlett Knights is very telling on what linesmakers think of Rutgers.

CappinTerp

Wow..............what a win and cover.!! Knew Thomas not much of a QB........but Nova has just gone down hill after a good 1st half of season. Still think that 1st Rut. TD 17 sec. into the game put the whole Rut. team in a different frame of mind. But must respect that Rut. "D"..................and VT "D" did a great job.!

Slimpickens

Wow..............what a win and cover.!! Knew Thomas not much of a QB........but Nova has just gone down hill after a good 1st half of season. Still think that 1st Rut. TD 17 sec. into the game put the whole Rut. team in a different frame of mind. But must respect that Rut. "D"..................and VT "D" did a great job.!
    Yea, I thik it would have been an entirely different game if VT didnt spot Rutgers 7. Was I the only one that thought Thomas's knee was down so it should have either been a safety or down at the one inch line. Rediculous that it wasnt even reviewed. Not to mention that Rutgers appeared offsides. But oh well it worked out.

CappinTerp

Looking at the stats of game: VT had 100 yards in penalties and 0.1 yards per rush. But wow 21 punts in the game.!!

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

good hit terp. glad you won, I pushed was able to get rutgers at +3....seems we were both right about each others defenses dominating, shoulda played the under, ill be sure to fade the shit out of logan thomas next season, hes freaking awful