pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags' Plays

Hello board,

Here are my plays for the week:

SMU +7

This spot sets up nicely for SMU as they play very well at home and catch a Houston team fresh off a big victory at home vs. Tulsa. QB Willis continues to make good decisions and they should be able to get their running game going against a Houston team that seems to be a different team away from home. Head coach Phil Bennett should have a good game plan vs. Houston coach Art Briles as he'll look to limit big plays from Houston QB Kolb. SMU also boasts the best run defense in the conference and should limit RB Battle in this one. SMU is a young team that controls its own destiny, with an opportunity to still win their division.

Alabama +17

This team continues to play to the level of its competition each week, and I look for more of the same from them this week. LSU had a grueling game vs. Tennessee last week and comes home to play an Alabama team it could be underestimating. QB John Parker Wilson has really had himself a good year for a young QB in the SEC. RB Darby will need to run hard and WR's Keith Brown and D.J. Hall will need to keep moving the chains. Alabama comes into this game with the 15th ranked defense in the country and they'll need to force QB Russell into some bad decisions. Look for HC Mike Shula to call a conservative game plan. Alabama has been a road dog in conference three times this year and had the lead going into the 4th quarter in all three games. They will try to take this thing into the fourth quarter with a reasonable chance to win.

Rice +14

This team continues to fight hard each week and comes into this game with a lot of confidence. Their defense gives up a lot of yards, but they do stiffen up in the red zone. Rice boasts one of the best QB-RB-WR trios in the entire nation in QB Clement, RB Smith and WR Dillard. This kid Dillard could play for anyone in the country and leads the nation in touchdown catches (13). The coaching match-up in this one is an interesting one. Rice HC Graham was an assistant at Tulsa under Kragthorpe and it should be a great chess game. Tulsa was playing some really good football a couple of weeks ago, but has had a couple of games where they haven't really clicked.

Kansas St. +17.5

This young team continues to improve each week and they are led by their defense and young QB Freeman. Ron Prince has done an excellent job getting this team bowl eligible in his first year and he's got his team believing. Kansas St. will look to get themselves in managable 3rd down situations and keep the chains moving. They also have excellent special teams led by playmaking KR/WR Figurs. Kansas St. has an excellent home field advantage and Manhattan should be rocking come Saturday night. The key will be forcing QB McCoy to check down and limiting big plays from Texas's receiving game.

Georgia +13

Georgia's another SEC team that plays well in the underdog role and I look for them to give Auburn a game here. QB Stafford will have to manage the game and limit his mistakes. Georgia will also have to rely on steady doses of RB Lumpkin and their receivers and tight ends will need to focus on holding onto the ball. Georgia's defense continues to keep games close and they will attempt to contain RB Irons and keep QB Cox in the pocket. Look for Georgia to get a lot of pressure on Cox as WR Taylor seems to be Auburn's only true playmaker.

New Mexico +6.5

New Mexico comes into this game on a three game winning streak and is another team looking to get bowl eligible with a win this week. QB Porterie has played very well lately and has Rocky Long's team playing with a lot of confidence. Traditionally, New Mexico has been a good home dog and I look for more of the same from them this week. They also have covered their last 13 games ATS after a bye (9 under HC Long). They will have to contain TCU's running attack and put QB Ballard in third and long situations. If they are able to do that, they've got a good chance in this one. Offensively, they should be able to move the ball through the air on TCU's secondary.

South Carolina +14

Steve Spurrier travels back to Gainesville to coach against Florida. South Carolina comes into this team as a team that's battled hard all season, and we should see more of the same from them this weekend. Spurrier is starting QB Blake Mitchell, who came into the second half of last week's game and played very well. South Carolina also has played solid defense all season, as they are allowing 17 points per game. Florida comes into this game without their best defensive player, DT Thomas, who was kicked off the team last week. LB Siler is also questionable for this one. Spurrier still is the best playcaller in the country (with all due respect to June Jones, Mike Leach and Charlie Weis) and he should have a good game plan for this one. The switching out of QB's seems to be affecting Florida's offensive rhythm as well.

GLTA
    Last edited by pags11; 11-10-06 at 03:03 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I"m liking Georgia myself bud.

BOL to you

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

BOL to you

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL to you

bigboydan

Is there an echo in here

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i thought the same about those 3 sec games

lot of points being given so i agree

pags11

thanks guys...

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

lets hope you have another good week like the last, you were on fire. best of luck tomorrow!

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

thanks for the picks and write up...very helpful

bigboydan

Pags, Can I get your thoughts on the Wisky/Iowa please. I know whats there saying about Stocco, however i'd like your view on this one.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Love the big lines in the three SEC games, another play I have this week is the big line NC State is getting against Maryland this week.

bigpig19
    bigpig19's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL to you

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

A couple I've got no opinion but I'm not on the other side of any 'em. Always has me feeling good going into Saturday when we match on a few and more importantly don't clash on any.

Best of luck Pags.
    Last edited by Wassymac; 11-10-06 at 10:22 PM.

pags11

primo,

best of luck to you this week as well...

soli,

not a problem...GL bud...

dan,

just sent you a PM about the Wisconsin/ Iowa game....

clonecat,

GL this week...

bigpig,

lol...thanks very much...

wassymac,

I know what you are saying...GL to you...

bigboydan

got it bud. thanks

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Good luck Pags....

pags11

thanks buddy...GL to you as well...

primo_skillz

any thoughts on the vandy/houston game before kickoff?

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

GL, Pags.
    I'm with ya on S. Caro, Georgia and Bama.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

SEC dogs seem pretty popular today...one of em takin care of business so far...good job pags.

Todd
    Todd's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice call on Georgia Pags.

primo_skillz

Great job Pags, keep up the good work

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Great start...

imgv94

Pags is the man!!!

primo_skillz

i feel for you with that smu loss, very disappointed with their 2nd half play

McBa1n
    Update your status

I didn't get to see the SMU game - but good job on the 2 SEC games. Great calls. That conference is just a graveyard... Hopefully Bama can sweep the conference for the day for ya.
    Also, sick pick on Rice. I've seen them a couple of times this year... The battle, that's for sure.
    I need Tenn, too, but it ain't lookin good so far.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by primo_skillz
    i feel for you with that smu loss, very disappointed with their 2nd half play
    I had them as well. Houston out scored them 23-3 in the second half to erase that 10 point lead SMU had at the half.

primo_skillz

i guess it happens onlooker, nothing anyne can do about it

Nitrofrog
    Nitrofrog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice call with the dogs...

Nice call with the dogs...

Just got to start some post to make sure i get my

misteve
    misteve's Avatar Become A Pro!

GREAT job, Pags! . If I'm correct you went 6-1 today??? World class dude. I've been lurking on this site and make it a point to look over your pics and from what I see, you are consistantly solid, man. Keep it up.

imgv94

pags you are the man.. Call me later bro..

pags11

thanks a lot guys...I really appreciate it...

bigboydan

Oucher on that SMU game bro. I couldn't believe that one myself.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    Oucher on that SMU game bro. I couldn't believe that one myself.
    I think a lot of us got burnt on that SMU game. They just tanked it in the second half. Anyway.

Good job today Pags, I had a great one myself. SMU and FSU let me down.

McBa1n
    Update your status

sick
    just sick, man
    i had my best college football saturday ever going 9-4-1...
    if only i had a 1/2 a point in 1 game - i digress.
    Pags, you are on fire, man. Pure fire.
    I had Tenn in the SEC - they were the only team that covered for me all season over there ATS - and got dominated. Sick job going 3-0 in the conference. That's unheard of.
    I was happy going 2-1 in the big east and 3-0 in the big ten - but any square hits those.
    Awesome job, man. Awesome. Anyone who's profitable in the SEC in any week is the man IMO.

12 Last