HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Rutgers is an embarrassment, and Lousiville is vastly overrated. What is the play?

You guys have seen plenty of my threads, and know I'm an angle shooter. Really dont look @ stats, and ignore trends/records.

This game lacks any angle, and it seems the books made this shitstorm -3 for the home team by default.

Drawing a blank over here. HELP

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

I will take the superior defence at home, and the QB that doesn't have a broken wrist. Small play on Rutgers for me.

werd2525
    werd2525's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Think im w you OTL...Bridgewater w a softcast on non throwing arm, poss high ankle sprain...think you take rutgers and under. Theyre home and just got embarrassed by a mediocre Pitt team. Rutgers -3 wouldnt go over -3 tho...if it goes -4 just take the under

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

bet a ncaab basketball game instead, i'm might do that instead.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Rutgers is the play here. They were probably looking ahead last week and got smoked b/c of it. Small play.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

when i think of rutgers it pretty much always the same,,,,under or nothing....

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The outcome depends entirely on the effectiveness of Teddy Bridgewater. If Rutgers can reach him with their pass rush early, Rutgers will win the game, but if the Louisville offensive line is able to protect him, I expect him to have a big day. I keep hearing about how Rutgers has great defense, but they let Tyler Wilson throw for over 400 yards and Ryan Nassib for over 350. The table is definitely set for TB to take advantage of a secondary that's weaker than advertised, if he's healthy enough to perform to his potential.

The other alarming thing about Rutgers is that in their two losses, they didn't just lose. Kent State and Pittsburgh were able to really deliver knockout blows early that Rutgers was never able to recover from. Not a good sign when the team's losses are both bad ones when the overall schedule was very weak.

I want to say take the Cardinals here, but the uncertainty is too high when we're talking about two fairly unimpressive teams playing for top spot in a thoroughly unimpressive conference. I just can't see the value in playing this game.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    You guys have seen plenty of my threads, and know I'm an angle shooter. Really dont look @ stats, and ignore trends/records.

This game lacks any angle, and it seems the books made this shitstorm -3 for the home team by default.

Drawing a blank over here. HELP
    Lacks an angle? Your head coach allegedly taking a job interview @ Auburn before the season is over...pretty good angle in my book. Rutgers and under at home.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Lacks an angle? Your head coach allegedly taking a job interview @ Auburn before the season is over...pretty good angle in my book. Rutgers and under at home.
    Pat FordeVerified ‏@YahooForde Charlie Strong, just now: "I didn't interview with Auburn, I have a job."

Why would he ever want to walk into that mess when he's in such a good spot?

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Louisville ML is a good bet.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Another angle nobody touched on, and what turned this game from a no-play to a lean on Rutgers for me, is the fact that Louisville is coming off a triple overtime game on a short week. Even if they're able to overcome their injuries and defensive issues and hang with Rutgers for the first half, these guys are going to be running out of gas in the last 30 min.

cboogie
    cboogie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 452

tease louisville and under is prob a good play

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Rutgers has one of the top 10 defenses in all of the land.

These guys are ferocious on defense

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Home team. Also, Louisville special teams sucks all across the board not too mention Rutgers has a better D.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Careful, Rutgers D dominates bad offenses. Legit playmakers have hurt them. Green in the middle playing on Sundays though. I'm a homer,but QB Nova has been scary. Play calling will be ultra conservative because of him. They want him to 'manage', not to win the game for them. Not good.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

if anyone watched every snapped last week of the Rutgers game you would not lay a dime of your hard earned money on them.

they are fading a fading fast.

they had 34 total yards of offense in the first half last week.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DudleyDawson

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Rutgers has one of the top 10 defenses in all of the land.

These guys are ferocious on defense
    hahahahahaaaaaa

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Pat FordeVerified ‏@YahooForde Charlie Strong, just now: "I didn't interview with Auburn, I have a job."

Why would he ever want to walk into that mess when he's in such a good spot?
    It's still the SEC. Higher profile and much better conference than the mess with all the conference jumping going on with the ACC/Big Least. More $ I would imagine as well.

fergie's balls

Name:  Screen_20121129_094752.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  40.6 KB

tailgating has begun in Piscataway!!

jakenoss
    jakenoss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Listen guys, I'm a Rutgers student and I've been to all of the home games. And this is what I have to say, this Louisville game has been all the talk since we beat Arkansas way back in September. It's been the most hyped up game around here since the Superbowl. The team honestly had no desire or care to play last week against Pitt knowing they had the opportunity for their first big east championship at home the following week on a night game on ESPN.

As far as the on the field perspective, Louisville's defense is absolutely miserable. They would allow a high school team to get 300 yards on them, look for Rutgers to torch them with the running game and and tire them out quickly after a short week. Nova, I agree is a very unreliable qb. Bridgewater definitely has the edge here, but look for the Rutgers D to be blitzing and applying a heavy pass rush on Teddy. I can see this game going either way. But I give the edge to the home team, with a sold out stadium on a Thursday night against a beaten and battered team. Stay away from the point spread here, if there's a bet I'd take RU on the moneyline, but I don't bet my teams.

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jakenoss View Post
    Listen guys, I'm a Rutgers student and I've been to all of the home games. And this is what I have to say, this Louisville game has been all the talk since we beat Arkansas way back in September. It's been the most hyped up game around here since the Superbowl. The team honestly had no desire or care to play last week against Pitt knowing they had the opportunity for their first big east championship at home the following week on a night game on ESPN.

As far as the on the field perspective, Louisville's defense is absolutely miserable. They would allow a high school team to get 300 yards on them, look for Rutgers to torch them with the running game and and tire them out quickly after a short week. Nova, I agree is a very unreliable qb. Bridgewater definitely has the edge here, but look for the Rutgers D to be blitzing and applying a heavy pass rush on Teddy. I can see this game going either way. But I give the edge to the home team, with a sold out stadium on a Thursday night against a beaten and battered team. Stay away from the point spread here, if there's a bet I'd take RU on the moneyline, but I don't bet my teams.
    always appreciate getting the feel from someone who is on campus. thanks for the input.

nice thread, OP.

I like the Under. Rutgers UN has been a profitable play for me this season, and if the D is as amped up as jakenoss proposes, I see a low scoring affair. take 1H UN as well.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

What in the hell happened to these teams?
    A month ago I would have bet my house on an easy over but both teams are putrid offensively for the past for weeks

The 1st half of the season Rutgers led the nation in 3rd quarter points, if you can get quaters from your book, but now they cant even sustain a drive

I'd go with Jake, Rutgers at home on ESPN against a battered TB may be the only play

Geez... I miss the mid-week MAC games !!

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Absolutely no play on the side for me...but this is a classic under especially on grass.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

I like the guys story, but not keen on the saying it's like a Superbowl game. I heard that before just a month ago or so, and the team lost.

RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

Both teams a horrendous outing last week... That being said, I think Rutgers "cared less" about their loss, and was really looking ahead to this game. Issues addressed, defense shows up, a bruised and battered Louisville... I am leaning Rutgers if I make a play at all...

fergie's balls

Sounds like Bwater will be in shotgun on every single play...if this is true, and he's not mobile, this could be a 7-6 game for real.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Booked a predictable NCAA teaser: LOU +9/UNDER 49 @ +101 1x. Square as f@#k, yeah... I know. Good luck.

sergiudec
    sergiudec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

Rutgers struggle scoring in the 1'st half, 83 points in last 11 games, just 23 in the 1'st quarter. Cards +1,5 1'st half for me.

GL all.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

you would think Louisville comes up big and wins straight up big or gets blown out big. They lost to UCONN on SENIOR DAY. This team will either lay down or assrape Rutgers IMO

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    you would think Louisville comes up big and wins straight up big or gets blown out big. They lost to UCONN on SENIOR DAY. This team will either lay down or assrape Rutgers IMO
    Well then lets hope the ville gets to assraping!

loodachris99
    loodachris99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4421

they dont play on grass

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    It's still the SEC. Higher profile and much better conference than the mess with all the conference jumping going on with the ACC/Big Least. More $ I would imagine as well.

Tennessee will be talking to him as well. He may stay at Louisville, but I wouldn't say it is set in stone. If UT or Arkansas offer him the job he is gone, IMO.

tg09
    tg09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

really tough game to predict. i can't bring myself to put a penny down on either team after what i watched last week.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

I mentioned this in another thread:

Thursday Night games are prime for a trap game and this smells foul all the way. I've noticed that 75% of the time when Yahoo Sports completely leans a certain direction on their writeups/previews, the public gets buried big time. This is definitely one of those games. Bridgewater with the broken hand , Rutgers at home, yet Cardinals only a 3 pt underdog???? The public is heavy on Rutgers tonight, over 60% leaning Rutgers.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I truly believe these sports writers get paid on the side to hype up a team and get heavy one sided action for the books.

Louisville all the way.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Both teams are awful on offense. No credit to the defense, with the ineptitude displayed from the teams when possessing the ball

12 Last