HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I cannot believe GT is +14 vs FSU.

Taking the points here is GOY material.

GT just got blown out by a far superior Georgia team. Georgia, through clever scheduling, was as prepared as possible vs GT's triple option. Georgia scheduled Georgia Southern two weeks ago, for two reasons. First to obviously schedule a win. Secondly to spend the needed two weeks preparing for the triple option, since Georgia Southern runs the most offective option attack on their level of football.

FSU just played their biggest game of the year vs UF. All of their efforts were put into winning that game, and they failed miserably. Now they have a quick turn around vs a team they have not faced in three years. FSU has not seen a triple option team this year, and should look confused away from home vs an unfamiliar offense.

Georgia Tech +14

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Taking the points here is GOY material.

GT just got blown out by a far superior Georgia team. Georgia, through clever scheduling, was as prepared as possible vs GT's triple option. Georgia scheduled Georgia Southern two weeks ago, for two reasons. First to obviously schedule a win. Secondly to spend the needed two weeks preparing for the triple option, since Georgia Southern runs the most offective option attack on their level of football.

FSU just played their biggest game of the year vs UF. All of their efforts were put into winning that game, and they failed miserably. Now they have a quick turn around vs a team they have not faced in three years. FSU has not seen a triple option team this year, and should look confused away from home vs an unfamiliar offense.

Georgia Tech +14
    The story for both Tech and FSU this past Saturday was turnovers.... Despite 3 turnovers in the first half FSU had seized all the momentum from Florida at 20-13 in the 3rd but in a flash it was all lost when EJM was crunched and fumbled the ball and was subsequently knocked out for a series.

Georgia Tech actually outgained UGA by 458-378 margin but still lost by 30 some pts... that is hard to do...turnovers were the difference along with failure to convert 3 different 4th down conversions.

The line is where it is because Techs D is so bad whereas FSU can stop the run... especially side to side runs because of team speed...

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Athletic ability is irrelevant vs the triple option, that's why the Military academies use it. Its assignment football were discipline, and coaching make the difference. FSU coaches do not have the time to discipline their players on the nuances of the option.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Athletic ability is irrelevant vs the triple option, that's why the Military academies use it. Its assignment football were discipline, and coaching make the difference. FSU coaches do not have the time to discipline their players on the nuances of the option.
    1980-1990s Miami teams wholeheartedly disagree... While it is indeed assignment football... when a superior athletic team follows assignment it means doom for the option...

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Steam View Post
    1980-1990s Miami teams wholeheartedly disagree... While it is indeed assignment football... when a superior athletic team follows assignment it means doom for the option...
    What are you saying here?

My point is that FSU does not have the time to prepare for the option.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Houli what do you think about the SEC Championship game?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Mark Richt has failed in every big game since taking the Georgia job. Why would that change?

lyon804

Very true but they did beat Florida this year which has proved difficult for others to do. They are the reason Florida is not in this game and ranked #1 in the nation. True Florida turned the ball over 14 times in that game but Georgia had something to do with that.

lyon804

Houli have you watched Alabama play against A&M or LSU? Secondary looks beatable for Alabama. Also AJ Mccarren struggles making simple throws when he is pressured... And when I mean pressured I am talking about feeling pressure to score since his defense is not dominating. He doesn't seem to have good games when Alabama needs him to make plays. Point being I think Georgia will move the ball and put some points on the board. AJ Mccarren will have to have big game to cover spread. His big games comes to opponents that haven't challenged Alabama's defense. I believe Georgia will challenge Alabama's defense.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

One of the biggest reasons I took Florida this past weekend was because I felt FSU's rush defense was extremely overrated due to their weak schedule comprised of poor rushing teams. The Gators ran for 244 yards against them, and they really didn't make a great secret of the fact that they were going to attack primarily on the ground. FSU just wasnt up to the task of stopping Gillislee and the FSU defense slowly wore down until they finally just crumbled in the fourth quarter. So I think you're correct in thinking that GT should be able to run on FSU in this game quite effectively, just 7 days after Florida punished their defense solidly. FSU is missing Tank Carradine for this game and a lot of other defensive players have nagging injuries at this point.

My concern is that Florida's success on offense began with their ability to keep FSU's defense on the field both by putting together two long offensive drives to start the game and by leaning heavily on their defense to keep EJ Manuel off the field. FSU scored 17 of their points on drives starting in Florida territory and were otherwise largely unsuccessful. But GT's defense is substantially weaker than Florida's defense. So even though I would expect GT to be able to move the ball effectively, they won't be nearly as efficient at stopping the FSU offense. I think FSU should be able to win the TOP battle in the first half, and there will be a lot of pressure on the GT defense early.

The problem in backing GT is I think they wear down defensively long before FSU does, so even if the game is close early, it won't be after 60 minutes. FSU lost their most important game of the year last week, and won't be of a mind to leave anything to chance this week with the Orange Bowl on the line. I don't hate taking the +14 as I don't have a ton of respect for FSU, but it's absolutely not a spot to hit hard.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 11-26-12 at 01:37 PM.
    Points Awarded:

darkghost gave suicidekings 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I can't believe GT is in a conference championship game.

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25530

Houlihans is right! very smart move on Ga. to schedule Ga. Southern before Ga. Tech and have them in full pads for 4 days to prepare for the triple option. Fsu has not faired well against it in the past and lost both games to Ga. Tech back when Mickey Andrews ran the Fsu D. Bottom line its hard to prepare for in a week unless you play against it more than once a season. With that being said Ga. Tech D cannot stop anything and I do think FSU goes pass happy on them. Not sure what the total in the game is now but anything under 50 I am on the over! As far as laying the 14 Noles have been a favorite on the road by that # a few times this season and have not covered if I remeber correctly.

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

fsu is a much better team that capable of winning over 16pts but on a big nite like this it will probably be a close game

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by Noles1992 View Post
    Houlihans is right! very smart move on Ga. to schedule Ga. Southern before Ga. Tech and have them in full pads for 4 days to prepare for the triple option. Fsu has not faired well against it in the past and lost both games to Ga. Tech back when Mickey Andrews ran the Fsu D. Bottom line its hard to prepare for in a week unless you play against it more than once a season. With that being said Ga. Tech D cannot stop anything and I do think FSU goes pass happy on them. Not sure what the total in the game is now but anything under 50 I am on the over! As far as laying the 14 Noles have been a favorite on the road by that # a few times this season and have not covered if I remeber correctly.

50, total is 63.5

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25530

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    50, total is 63.5
    Lol Damn wishful thinking I guess!

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

OP has it pegged. not saying FSU will lose to GT, but they wont have the intensity or the preperation to be very successful against the TripleO. GT will sustain drives, reduce the game's number of possessions, a,nd hang within a couple scores. An Amped-up,playin-for-BCS-game Nole squad may be able to roll tech, but that will not be the team on the field this saturday. FSU had dreams crushed last saturday, I'm sure those kids werent ready to come to work on sunday, which is what you need to do to prepare for the tripleO.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TheBetBuysDanK View Post
    OP has it pegged. not saying FSU will lose to GT, but they wont have the intensity or the preperation to be very successful against the TripleO. GT will sustain drives, reduce the game's number of possessions, a,nd hang within a couple scores. An Amped-up,playin-for-BCS-game Nole squad may be able to roll tech, but that will not be the team on the field this saturday. FSU had dreams crushed last saturday, I'm sure those kids werent ready to come to work on sunday, which is what you need to do to prepare for the tripleO.
    What dreams? They've been out of the running for the NC game for a while now, and have known since the NC State loss that the Orange Bowl was their final destination. The game against the Gators was much more personal than that, but it didn't really affect their path this season.

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Huge rivalry. Players that decide to attend FSU were also likely targeted by UF as high schoolers. These players dream about beating one another, especially when both teams are top 10 and the game is so high profile. Undoubtedly, the FSU players, coaches, students, and fan base were incredibly let down. Hard to come back and focus after a loss of that magnitude, even if a NC birth wasnt on the line.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TheBetBuysDanK View Post
    Huge rivalry. Players that decide to attend FSU were also likely targeted by UF as high schoolers. These players dream about beating one another, especially when both teams are top 10 and the game is so high profile. Undoubtedly, the FSU players, coaches, students, and fan base were incredibly let down. Hard to come back and focus after a loss of that magnitude, even if a NC birth wasnt on the line.
    I don't entirely disagree with that, but you have to remember, FSU beat the Gators in 2010 and 2011. That makes a huge difference in assessing the emotional factors that go along with the loss. Contrast that with the UCLA/USC rivalry where USC had dominated the matchup and the game meant so much to UCLA in a year where they have the best team they've put on the field in a long time. That game meant EVERYTHING to the Bruins because they were hungry.

I really don't think the Gators game this year is on the same level of magnitude. Disappointment, yes, but there are a lot of players on the FSU team that were around for the '10/'11 wins. Certainly not emotionally crippling.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I can't believe GT is in a conference championship game.
    hahaha for realz man. they were atrocious this year, do not deserve this at all.

you cannot as an aq school lose to a non-aq school and still have a shot to make a bcs bowl.

the way they do these championship games sucks. in another one of these games we have wisconsin playing. these teams that are .500 or barely over .500 do not deserve to play for a championship of any kind.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Fingers are crossed, and praying to a GOD I dont know.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Nice call Houli.

So glad I took Nebraska instead of this.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Jimbo Fisher is in complete meltdown mode. This is how they lost the NC St game. Playing conservative with a minimal lead.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Doh!!! At least that game was over in the first half.

I would love for FSU to lose this game... +490 live bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Nice call Houli.

So glad I took Nebraska instead of this.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Doh!!! At least that game was over in the first half.

I would love for FSU to lose this game... +490 live bet.
    It was looking like NCST all over again, but they just put that to a end.

sigtauslimer
    sigtauslimer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Fukkkkkkk! Had a 5-game teaser (Pitt FB, Pitt BB, UNI BB, KState FB -- all won for me, and FSU FB I needed -7.5) for a +340 payout on a multiple unit wager. Interception comes as needed and the guy is knocked out at the 4 yard line, immenent kneel-down comes. UGH!!!

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Im a hardcore FSU fan, and Im glad this is EJ's final year. He cost FSU the NC St game, and he throws picks galore in big games.

I guess they play Rutgers in the Orange bowl.. will be favored by 17. What a joke. OU vs UConn all over again.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Git a boatload of Bowl picks for the holiday season, stay tuned

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

It's tough to be a FSU fan lately.
    Im a hardcore FSU fan, and Im glad this is EJ's final year. He cost FSU the NC St game, and he throws picks galore in big games.

I guess they play Rutgers in the Orange bowl.. will be favored by 17. What a joke. OU vs UConn all over again.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    It's tough to be a FSU fan lately.
    Lately? Try the last decade.

Anyone remember that Phag Chris Rix? he single handily represents the downfall of the FSU program.

lyon804

Nice call Houli. There are alot of things to say about FSU but iron sharpens iron and they play in the creme puff ACC. The way they was mauled physically by Florida was directly contributed by the lack of competetion they play.