hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Iowa St. looking for new coach.

Head coach Dan Mcarney was fired today.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

McCarney stands up for players, and gets the axe for it.

I know there talent level isn't the best there at ISU. However, there facillities are no where near close to being updated at all. With that being said, it's not easy to recruit players to go there. Granted everything falls back on the coach although they should have gave him one more year IMO

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

The North is pretty weak and im thinking the higher ups wanted ISU to at least be in contention for the North title.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a pile of shit. McCarney was a standup guy and he got his kids to play their asses off for him until this season, when they had way too many injuries to be competitive. I'd take McCarney in a heartbeat over 80% of the coaches out there.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

really dissapointed to see this...this guy is a great coach that had a down year in talent...really too bad...

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

I don't know who I St can find who will do a better job.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Iowa State has a new AD who is committed to winning and McCarney is only good for 6-7 wins and a bowl game that wouldn't have been available 10 years ago. He is a great motivator, but a horrible coach. They were up by 10 at Kansas at halftime one of his first few years there. Troy Davis had rushed for over 100 yards in the first half. They came out throwing in the 2nd half and needless to say they lost. McCarney will end up wherever Alvarez decides to coach next year, rumor is Miami.

Don't know if Iowa State can find anyone better, but why be happy with 7-5 and the Furniture Bowl.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Has anyone ever been to Ames where Iowa State is located?It's little wonder why they never have a winning team.It's the most politically correct alternative lifestyle college in the land.They probably send their white football players to diversity training cutting into their practice time.Then they teach the players how to get in touch with their feminine side.It's surprising they even have cheerleaders.I'll bet they are all carpet munchers like Rosey O'Donnel and Ellen Degenerate.I was married to a gal that went to journalism school there and was an editor who grew up in Ames.All the girls became gay there and even if they came from a little farming town and were all american girl next door types they would come home on their first break wearing olive drab birckenstock clothing and black work boots toting their same sex significant other to introduce to the family.Everything on campus including the stadium is blaw battle ship grey. Then they import guys from the hood from places like Miami and when they do armed robberies,murders and rapes they cover them up.

They originated all that holiday card and holiday break crap.
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 11-09-06 at 02:46 PM.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I heard there were no Iowa State students at a couple games this year because they heard the Vikings had a bye week and they thought it was a bi week and they made the 3 hour trip up to Minneapolis for the weekend.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

that's some funny stuff brentrcude...

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

He was a great coach....anyone remember what the program was like before he got there....he did a terrific job there.