OnMyGrind26
    OnMyGrind26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Is Rutgers +1.5 a trap?

First post here, coming from a different forum that will go unnamed.

This line is too good to be true. At first I was all over this one, but when I dug a little deeper I realized that Rutgers doesn't need to win this game. They just need to beat Louisville in the last game of the season. There's no value in the +1.5, yet I think it will draw in tons of public money. Pittsburgh is a solid team that gave Notre Dame a struggle and Rutgers has looked a bit questionable in games against Temple and Army. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that Rutgers has hit their stride with a big win over Cincinnati on the road, however, I don't believe there is much on the line for them and it's probably in their best interest to rest any injured players to prepare for Louisville. The game is most likely a no-play for me, but I just don't see why there is so much Rutgers love in this scenario.

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks.

easysaid
    easysaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Line opened at +2 down to +1 at some books plus 93% of public money on it..

Normally if the books recieve 90%+ money and dont change the line at all its a trap, i just think its gonna be a tight back and forth game (a bit like last week).

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

I think Pittsburg is a more talented team. Rutgers has played no one this season. Whats there big win on the year Arkansas? LOL. How about Pitt, should have beat Notre Dame, did beat Virginia Tech. I expect Pitt to play there best game of the year and win next week as well to become bowl eligible.

So is it a trap line? In theory it probably is to have the 9-1 Scarlett Knights a dog to the 4-6 Panthers is in fact a trap line meaning they want you to be betting Rutgers, so in that sense yes. However I feel the correct team is favored and should be atleast a solid 3 point favorite in this spot.

mikmik
    mikmik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15907

NOPE RU win outright. These kids know whats at stake. They had thier let down againts KSU that turned out ranked #25. And no RU is not looking foward to LOU next thursday. Im a huge RU fan and a memeber at RU website and all the players talk about is being 1-0 this week.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OnMyGrind26 View Post
    First post here, coming from a different forum that will go unnamed.

This line is too good to be true. At first I was all over this one, but when I dug a little deeper I realized that Rutgers doesn't need to win this game. They just need to beat Louisville in the last game of the season. There's no value in the +1.5, yet I think it will draw in tons of public money. Pittsburgh is a solid team that gave Notre Dame a struggle and Rutgers has looked a bit questionable in games against Temple and Army. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that Rutgers has hit their stride with a big win over Cincinnati on the road, however, I don't believe there is much on the line for them and it's probably in their best interest to rest any injured players to prepare for Louisville. The game is most likely a no-play for me, but I just don't see why there is so much Rutgers love in this scenario.

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Great post!

Absolutely, if they win today they STILL need to beat Louisville next week, assuming Louisville (-12) beats U. Conn at home today.

TO BOOT, Pitt can get bowl eligible with a win this week then a win against hapless S. Fla next week.

AND Rutgers announced this week it is leaving the conference... uh, the refs will not like them the next two games IMO.

BIG bet on Pitt today.

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like pitt here. just my two cents.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I think Pittsburg is a more talented team. Rutgers has played no one this season. Whats there big win on the year Arkansas? LOL. How about Pitt, should have beat Notre Dame, did beat Virginia Tech. I expect Pitt to play there best game of the year and win next week as well to become bowl eligible.

So is it a trap line? In theory it probably is to have the 9-1 Scarlett Knights a dog to the 4-6 Panthers is in fact a trap line meaning they want you to be betting Rutgers, so in that sense yes. However I feel the correct team is favored and should be atleast a solid 3 point favorite in this spot.

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mikmik View Post
    NOPE RU win outright. These kids know whats at stake. They had thier let down againts KSU that turned out ranked #25. And no RU is not looking foward to LOU next thursday. Im a huge RU fan and a memeber at RU website and all the players talk about is being 1-0 this week.
    21-0... panthers

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

Yes it is a trap and I fell into it. Rutgers a girlie team