itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Gators/Noles Under this weekend?

Don't see UF scoring much with their QB injury situation and we know their D is stout...why is the total set in the mid 40's??

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Because the fewest amount of points FSU has scored at home is 48 pts.

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    Because the fewest amount of points FSU has scored at home is 48 pts.
    What quality defense has FSU played this year at home to stop them? Murray St, Savannah St, Wake, Clemson, BC, Duke? That is a list of who can't play defense in among bad 1AA and ACC teams.....The truth is both defenses are good (especially Florida) and force field goals even when teams get into the red zone. Florida's QB injury situation, plus the fact that E.J. has historically underperformed in big games in his career, equals a low scoring game. I was all over the under as soon as it came out. Good luck this weekend!

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Hearing Driskel thinks the ankle is good enough to go tomorrow. Still don't see the over hitting though.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Driksell is the reason you bet the UNder

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i figured 20 wins this gm so i hit the under soon as i saw it earlier in the week,,obviously could be some short fields and turnovers leading to points buts just think this thing stays close and low...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Florida's offense sucks but their defense is really good.

I think the better play is FSU
    ml

qsilver335

I think the better play is FSU ml

FSU ML is at -300. That is steep for a coin flip game. If you are going to play ML, Florida is the value. The best bet is the under in my opinion, but Florida at +8.5 (after the initial public move from +/-6.5) was a smart bet too. Now it is at 7 most places. Any time you think it is going to be a low scoring game getting over a TD is huge!

qsilver335

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

You never know but, if its anything like last year 21-7 the under comes in easy, even if each team scores an extra 7 still under. Of course I like FSU moneyline and laying 6 bought the hook at the time, but really wouldnt expect me say anything otherwise in this heated rivalry

Sacamano
    Sacamano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

Cornellius Carradine (59.5 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks) and Bjoern Werner (28.5 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks) should apply plenty of pressure on Driskel and moving a ball on FSU is not an easy thing as they have been forcing their opponents to complete just 49.9 % of the passes they are able to attempt and are averaging just 4.0 yards per attempt overall. Gators receivers are struggling, which makes me lean towards FSU beating the Gators. To have any chance to stay competitive Gators would have to turn to their running game. Two good defenses and a team possibly committing to a run are all valid reasons to believe that this could be a low scoring game but low 40’s could be a trap because FSU is averaging 42.9 points per game and are ranked 14th in yards/game (493.5 yards).

Sacamano
    Sacamano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i figured 20 wins this gm so i hit the under soon as i saw it earlier in the week,,obviously could be some short fields and turnovers leading to points buts just think this thing stays close and low...
    It's possible that many turnovers can lead to many points

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

This is not a coin flip game.

Yeah i know the ACC is whore shit but Florida State is MUCH better than Florida. Its not even close, Florida can't score and especially not in Tallahasee.

Lets not forget Florida almost LOST to a team that wasnt even D1

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Sacamano View Post
    It's possible that many turnovers can lead to many points
    couldnt tell you how many times ive bet the team gators playing team total under and while i hit the few i can recall (mizzou and uga, think there was 1 more), every gm the offense was the sole reason i even had to sweat any of them....without a doubt my biggest concern but even factoring in a defensive score and a few fgs cause of turnovers/field position i still think this stays in the 30's...

qsilver335

Florida only played one team who is not D1, Jacksonville St., and that game was never in question. They did not even give up a point. I would hardly call it "almost lost". It is also tough to say FSU is much better than Florida, considering both team's quality wins and their computer ranking. While Florida has not been on every game this year, they have beat a few very quality teams. LSU, South Carolina, and Texas A&M are all better than anyone FSU has shared the field with this season, and Florida handled all of them. You can argue Clemson is on that level, but that is a discussion for another thread.....If the Florida team that played against Bowling Green or Louisiana Lafayette shows up they could lose bad. But then again if the FSU team that played against NC-St or VT shows up they could lose bad. Luckily they play this afternoon so we will get to see!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

Yeah i know the ACC is whore shit but Florida State is MUCH better than Florida. Its not even close, Florida can't score and especially not in Tallahasee.

Florida is banged up and on the road thus the line.

FSU is not better.

Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

Under got hit hard. Dropped 3-4 pts.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Spot on.

qsilver335

While the under did not come through, Florida still did. Big Bear do you still think FSU is "much better" and Florida can't score in Tally? Your competition makes your team, or lack there of for FSU. FSU would have been 4-4 in the SEC this year.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

UF nearly scored the games under by themselves. Over was unlikely, but not impossible.