MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

South Carolina +4 Against Clemson is a Joke

Steve Spurrier absolutely owns Dabo in this rivalry

Last 3 meetings:

SCAR has won: 34-17, 29-7, 34-13 with basically the same types of teams for both sides.....Each game, the SCAR defense basically dominated a paper-champion Clemson offense and I don't see why this year will be any different

Clemson puts up pretty offensive numbers against garbage ACC teams every season but it means nothing when they play a much tougher and physical team in the trenches.....

South Carolina ML when it comes out will be my play of the season

Marcus Lattimore hasn't been a factor in any Clemson game either before anyone mentions him

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

usc is the most overated team in the top 10 line should be clemson 21 or 22
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MTek

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post

Youre exaggerating?

Clemson should beat the gamecocks and they might even win by three TDs but surely you don't think the line should be there

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Scoring seems to be a challenge for South Carolina too much. Clemson scores at will tho.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Scoring seems to be a challenge for South Carolina too much. Clemson scores at will tho.
    How is this different from last year when SC destroyed Clemson? Or the year before that?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Clemson's defense is beyond horrible btw.....Just gave up nearly a 50 spot to NC State at home

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Hope you're right.

One of the nation's most annoying teams finally went down this week in Kansas State. Clemson is next on the radar. They have zero business being 10-1 given that craptastic defense.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

What happens when you're not playing Duke or Wake Forest or Maryland or......

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I would have liked to see a bigger # with the way USC has been playing on O. I do agree that they will shut down that Clemson O to an extent. I would be a great deal more confident in playing USC if Shaw had been more consistent of late.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Is Clowney playing with the foot injury this weekend?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyj53 View Post
    I would have liked to see a bigger # with the way USC has been playing on O. I do agree that they will shut down that Clemson O to an extent. I would be a great deal more confident in playing USC if Shaw had been more consistent of late.
    Shaw will be fine against this joke of a defense......Clemson has playmakers on O, but SCAR's D-line will be too much in the end

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Is Clowney playing with the foot injury this weekend?
    He should definitley be playing....Just sat out against Wofford to be full go for Clemson I heard.....Nothing big

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Actually, there is no word on Clowney at all.

And Shaw is dinged too. This one screams "no-play".

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20697

could u b a south carolina fan?

lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

i watch a ton of ncaa football every saturday and point well taken of the loses sc has laid on clemson in past years, but i do think the style clemson runs like past yrs this yr will be too much for sc too handle cause there offense does go 3 and out alot , now what ur gonna say is clemson has no defense but what was so impressive this week with sc going against a team that clemson woulda put 80 up on. my opinon on this game is simple sc offense doesnt have the play makers to keep long sustained drives which i believe plays into the clemson offense hands . sc defense will be on the field alot more than it had to b in ppast games so i do think clemson exercises past demons and wears down the defense of sc and eventually pulls away in the 4th look for game to b tight at half with clemson pulling ahead at some point in 2nd half probably in 4 th gl to whoever side u are on gl but me clemson is play here

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Sounds like a homer play but the public will b all over the short line n great offense like usual

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

South Carolina has dominated the last 3 games in this rivalry. I don't think that will happen again Saturday. Shaw looked lost at LSU and then at Florida, but Clemson's defense is terrible and South Carolina should be able to score on them. I think Clemson will throw the ball quickly and use a lot of screens to negate the rush of SC. If Clemson doesn't throw quick passes, Clowney will be in the their backfield all day long. Clowney has been playing with that foot injury the last several games and it hasn't really slowed him down. SC's secondary got exposed the last few games, so it should be interesting to see how they do against Clemson's wide receivers. Both teams want to win this game badly. I see this game being close and will probably take SC at +4.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

rolling with u on this dawg...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The ACC is absolutely terrible. Clemson has beaten THREE D1a teams with a winning record all year and after next week, it could be one...Ball State. They haven't been the same since LSU, but SoCo has more than just Clowney on defense. If anything, it's a coin flip game...so the +4 would be the play for me.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    How is this different from last year when SC destroyed Clemson? Or the year before that?
    Well, two years ago, Clemson had no offense. Clemson averaged 24 points per game with a different QB and a different OC.

Last year, Clemson's offense was not as good as this year, Clemson had key injuries against USC (particilarly LT Philip Price), and Clemson was in a tailspin when they went to Columbia. Clemson had lost 2 of 3, and the only win in that stretch was a 31-28 win over Wake in which Clemson overcame a 14-point deficit in the 4Q. South Carolina didn't even beat Clemson as badly as NC State did the week before.

It's a very different situation this year.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Even though MLDawg is a homer he gets it

SC by 17

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

South Carolina ML is the play.

or if you can get a south carolina -3 that would be a good play too.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't necessarily disagree that SC wins the game, but Clemson will definitely score 21+ here, so it will be critical for Connor Shaw to put points on the board. Clemson's offense is not far behind Tennessee's, and the Vols hung 35 on SC to almost beat them.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaaoff

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree that SC wins the game, but Clemson will definitely score 21+ here, so it will be critical for Connor Shaw to put points on the board. Clemson's offense is not far behind Tennessee's, and the Vols hung 35 on SC to almost beat them.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaaoff
    While this is true, you also have to remember that Tennessee has the best offensive line in the country. Their line negated South Carolina's biggest strength, their defensive line. Is Clemson's line as good as Tennessee's? I highly doubt that. If SC is going to cover, they are going to need to score 28 points. Given their struggle on the road this year, it's going to be tough, regardless how bad Clemson's defense may be. This game may end up being better than the ND/USC game.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Clemson offense is better than Tennessee.

That Tennessee vs South Carolina game was a fluke

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The DiB View Post
    While this is true, you also have to remember that Tennessee has the best offensive line in the country. Their line negated South Carolina's biggest strength, their defensive line. Is Clemson's line as good as Tennessee's? I highly doubt that. If SC is going to cover, they are going to need to score 28 points. Given their struggle on the road this year, it's going to be tough, regardless how bad Clemson's defense may be. This game may end up being better than the ND/USC game.
    Not as good as TEN's OL, but overall Clemson has been very efficient on 3rd/4th down and in minimizing penalties. They're one of the best teams in the FBS at keeping drives alive, so while I'm sure the SC DL will get to Boyd in this game, it's pretty unlikely that the pass rush will be able to cripple Clemson's ability to score.

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

I am a Clemson fan but for the past 2 years I picked against Clemson in this game. This year is different.

Clemson has the second best offense in the country. They have called off the dogs in several games this year (before half time in a couple) and still average over 40 points. Clemson has two primary weaknesses: pass defense and kick return coverage.

Pass coverage Could cost them some in this game, but I have seen SC play several times this year and Shaw is not a great long ball passer. SC won last year because Shaw ran all over them. Clemson's run defense has improved gradually throughout the year and should not let that happen this year.

Kick return coverage could be an issue but is largely up to the coach. NC State returned maybe 5 kickoffs for 50 yards last weekend. If Dabo has any clue he will squib kick or kick away from Ace Sanders and make this a much smaller issue.

South Carolina's primary weakness IMO is their secondary, which plays right into Clemson's hands with two of the top 10 receivers in the country and the best corp overall. They also have a pretty good QB, RB, and PK. I'm not talking about stats I'm talking about pure talent against any team in the country.

The ACC might not have the revenue and coaching talent that the SEC has, but Clemson and Florida State have the talent to hang. Clowney could hit Boyd a few times and shake him up but I think he keeps his head in the game and stays one step ahead. Clemson 33 - 24.

70CoupeDeVille
    70CoupeDeVille's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 672

Clowney is questionable.

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Clowney will not miss this game. I am confident he will play.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

clemson 41 - usc 34 . gl

Bausch85
    Bausch85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    I believe that award would be given to LSU.

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I think this is going to be much lower scoring than most people think. South Carolina and the points for me.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Homer. SEC blows too. Sun Belt and MAC teams bitch slapped Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky, Tennessee and Florida. Great effort by the cocks against the Div-IAA power Wofford. 7-7 into the 4th quarter...

Clemson by 10.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Homer. SEC blows too. Sun Belt and MAC teams bitch slapped Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky, Tennessee and Florida. Great effort by the cocks against the Div-IAA power Wofford. 7-7 into the 4th quarter...

Clemson by 10.
    ACC can't even fill their bowl quota this season

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

This is a typical defense wins the game type of game. How can Clemson stop Conner Shaw btw?

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

Nov 20, 2012 09:42:00 PM Single #273198224
    Football - College Lines (Game) Point Spread
    (205) South Carolina +4 Nov 24/12@07:00p
    Competitor: (206) Clemson

Web US$ 500.00 US$ 454.55

123 Last