itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

ATTENTION ALL BAMA and SEC HATERS

We're BACK motherfukkers!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Human polls (pollsters) dont want to see Bama again...

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Notre Dame vs Bama highest rated natl championship

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

And if USC beats ND next week it will be a all SEC BCS championship game again

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!

even Georgia could win it now lol... another crystal ball coming home to the SEC!

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Human polls (pollsters) dont want to see Bama again...
    Doesnt matter. Look at the BCS ranks....the one loss teams and who they lost to. Bama wins out they go

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

BCS rankings and overrated teams being sent to title games sucks.

Need December Madness and have a massive playoff system.

puff

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

What no one is talking about is what about Ohio St. winning the AP national championship?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    What no one is talking about is what about Ohio St. winning the AP national championship?
    Good, let them enjoy it. the Waterford Crystals stay down south with the declared champions.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

have no problem with nd/bama title game both teams are very deserving if they win out.

but if georgia wins, they will have 2 good wins all year.. (florida, bama), and got blasted by south carolina

just proves how important pre-season rankings are

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

woooo, bama and sec teams play real football with defense. Notre Dame is a solid team too, good for them i'm happy for them
    Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    agree, ohio state is impressive and no one is talking about them which is stupid, so what if they can't play in bowl games, they are good

ebbearsfb1

one thing i dont get with the sec fans are,

it seems like they are more proud of their conference then their own team within the conference..
    whats up with that?

i guess its a good fall back if your team isnt top tier in the conference. just odd when your rivals one week and rooting for them to win the title a month later.

like i cant see how if your a bama or auburn fan possibily rooting for the other in the title game...

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Gonna be another boring low rated championship game

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post

it seems like they are more proud of their conference then their own team within the conference..
    whats up with that?

i guess its a good fall back if your team isnt top tier in the conference. just odd when your rivals one week and rooting for them to win the title a month later.

like i cant see how if your a bama or auburn fan possibily rooting for the other in the title game...
    Its really the geographical situation....like a dysfunctional family. You can pretty much drive less than 3 hours or so on any saturday and get to one of 5 or 6 of the games so you grow up around it all. Concentrated dynasty so we watch each others backs...unless its the hated rival like an Auburn to me, UGA/Florida or Ole Miss/Miss St.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Gonna be another boring low rated championship game

Oregon and K State feel like Opie from SAMCRO in county after tonight pal.

Sam Odom

you probably 'dont get' southerners in general

rm18
    Update your status

Low rated Notre Dame national title game?

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Its really the geographical situation....like a dysfunctional family. You can pretty much drive less than 3 hours or so on any saturday and get to one of 5 or 6 of the games so you grow up around it all. Concentrated dynasty so we watch each others backs...unless its the hated rival like an Auburn to me, UGA/Florida or Ole Miss/Miss St.
    gotcha, fair enough answer to me..

can see how it relates back to when i played sports in hs, if you werent winning you were hoping a conference team that wasnt a rival would win but like you said as long as it wasnt your most hated school.

guess its different for me with nd not having a conference.

and in the NFL steelers never want the ravens to win lol

rm18
    Update your status

Not saying SC has no shot just sayin though

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

OP - what position you play? Or did you even go to school?

ebbearsfb1

would be an interesting title game to see
    2 traditional powers in BAMA and ND....

2 similar styles, dont think it would neccessarily be a blow out like most sbr posters are saying... then again most sbr posters cant even pick 50% so usually the opposite happens.

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Number 1 Beer Drinkers..

Number 1 Tailgater

Class of 1966
    Hoover High School,

Class of 1983
    Montgomery Community College

ebbearsfb1

you probably 'dont get' southerners in general

that would be why i asked

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    no ball past high school like 99.99% of us on here but a proud UA alum and still run in circles with plenty of former Bama players from the 92 championship team up til '98-'00 era. 'Melrose' and Hackberry Lane residents always keep in touch

Not sure how its relevant but for the record there it is.

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

There is nothing like a good Prattville/Hoover Game.
    Number 1 Beer Drinkers..

Number 1 Tailgater

Class of 1966
    Hoover High School,

Class of 1983
    Montgomery Community College

Bausch85
    Bausch85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

Good, let them enjoy it. the Waterford Crystals stay down south with the declared champions.
    I'll admit Bama is a powerhouse but the other SEC schools are a bunch of newbies. Shit LSU didn't even beat a no. 1 team untill 97. I'm sick of the unity in the SEC. As an Ohio St fan I hate every other team in the country. The SEC has this weird southern unity Dbag pride thing going on. We get it you're still mad we kicked the shit out of you in the War. How is UGA still in the top ten they're the OK of the SEC.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Bausch85 View Post

The SEC has this weird southern unity Dbag pride thing going on.

Until you have had fried wieners (hotdogs) , grits , eggs over-easy , buttermilk biscuits & sugar cane syrup (surup) for breakfast and LOVE IT you'll never understand

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

I'll admit Bama is a powerhouse but the other SEC schools are a bunch of newbies. Shit LSU didn't even beat a no. 1 team untill 97. I'm sick of the unity in the SEC. As an Ohio St fan I hate every other team in the country. The SEC has this weird southern unity Dbag pride thing going on. We get it you're still mad we kicked the shit out of you in the War. How is UGA still in the top ten they're the OK of the SEC.
    If I was a Buckeye and was what, 1-8 or 1-9 vs the SEC and took that Gator ass whipping in the BCS a few years ago...I'd be pretty vengeful as well.

Bottom line....prove it on the field. Until then all of the hypotheticals are just stupid sidewhow distractions to take away from how inferior the rest of the nation is at football. California has the best beaches, Ohio has the best.....well I dont know.....and the south region has the best football.

Bausch85

If I was a Buckeye and was what, 1-8 or 1-9 vs the SEC and took that Gator ass whipping in the BCS a few years ago...I'd be pretty vengeful as well.

Bottom line....prove it on the field. Until then all of the hypotheticals are just stupid sidewhow distractions to take away from how inferior the rest of the nation is at football. California has the best beaches, Ohio has the best.....well I dont know.....and the south region has the best football.
    Historically Ohio has produced some of the best High School fball in the country. We also produce some of the best coaches in the NFL and College. Oh and Ohio St has 7 national titles. Just wait rednecks now we have a coach.

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

This is a sports forum. Although southern pride is an issue, I think bringing the Civil War into the conversation goes beyond absurdity. What's next - Are you going compare a blowout score to the Holocaust?

Reductio ad absurdum.

I thought you had to be over 18 to be a member of this forum?

Bausch85

Until you have had fried wieners (hotdogs) , grits , eggs over-easy , buttermilk biscuits & sugar cane syrup (surup) for breakfast and LOVE IT you'll never understand
    No I get it! Half of my family lives in the Carolina's up here in the north though we don't root for the other teams around us. It's strange!

Bausch85

Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post
    This is a sports forum. Although southern pride is an issue, I think bringing the Civil War into the conversation goes beyond absurdity. What's next - Are you going compare a blowout score to the Holocaust?

Reductio ad absurdum.

I thought you had to be over 18 to be a member of this forum?
    Oh settle down.

D Med
    War Eagle!
    D Med's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2365

The reason for the SEC pride is that the we (schools, players, coaches, and fans) have mutual respect for everyone in the conference. And yes, you will probably never understand that. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best, and there is nothing better right now than the SEC. SEC SEC SEC!

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Historically Ohio has produced some of the best High School fball in the country. We also produce some of the best coaches in the NFL and College. Oh and Ohio St has 7 national titles. Just wait rednecks now we have a coach.
    "Historically" Bama alone has double. And High School wise, South Panola in Mississippi, Hoover in Alabama, and some more Florida schools.

NFL - Aside from Tom Brady out of Michigan in the region....Peyton and Eli (SEC) Tebow, Emmit Smith, Jason Whitten, just to rattle off tops in their areas. Look at the ratio of SEC rookies that come into the NFL and start right off vs the rest.

CURRENTLY - 6 in a row going on 7 BCS titles...enough said. case closed. Have beaten the Big 12, Big Ten and Pac 12 head to head in them and then had to stay within conference to settle the best last year and possibly again in 2012.

12 Last