Bausch85
    Bausch85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    "Historically" Bama alone has double. And High School wise, South Panola in Mississippi, Hoover in Alabama, and some more Florida schools.

NFL - Aside from Tom Brady out of Michigan in the region....Peyton and Eli (SEC) Tebow, Emmit Smith, Jason Whitten, just to rattle off tops in their areas. Look at the ratio of SEC rookies that come into the NFL and start right off vs the rest.
    CURRENTLY - 6 in a row going on 7 BCS titles...enough said. case closed. Have beaten the Big 12, Big Ten and Pac 12 head to head in them and then had to stay within conference to settle the best last year and possibly again in 2012.
    Again why are you using a whole region to compare to one state. You're comparing a whole region to the state of Ohio. I never said the south didn't have good football. I was replying to you saying what Ohio has. Only Texas and Pennsylvania can claim more Pro Football Hall of Famers than the Buckeye State.

1. Ohio State University: (117) The Buckeyes have produced 117 draftees that started a total of 3,958 games. Since their first year of football in 1890, the Buckeye’s football program has produced five Lombardi Award winners and six Hall of Fame inductees. Currently, OSU alumni play for 20 different NFL teams, including the Cincinnati Bengals and New York Giants.
    2. Miami (FL): (114) The Hurricanes have produced 114 draftees that started a total of 4,687 games. In 11 of the last 12 NFL seasons, UM alumni have played in the Super Bowl and the most Hurricanes to play in a single Super Bowl was nine during Super Bowl XXVIII. This game included Coach Jimmy Johnson and Jim Kelly. UM alumni make up four Hall of Fame inductees and 48 current NFL players. These players include Baltimore Raven Ray Lewis and Denver Bronco Willis McGahee.

3. Florida State: (112) The Seminoles have produced 112 draftees that started a total of 4,499 games. Since 1984 at least one FSU player has been chosen in the NFL Draft and at least three Seminoles were represented in the Pro Bowl between 2007 and 2009. The Wall Street Journal selected FSU as the top school for producing the best NFL players. Currently, 31 Seminole alumni play throughout the NFL. These players include New York Jet Antonio Cromartie and Baltimore Raven Anquan Boldin.

4. University of Southern California: (111) The Trojans have produced 111 draftees that started a total of 3,048 games. USC players are on the rosters of 26 of the NFL’s 32 teams. Some of which include Quarterback Mark Sanchez and Pittsburgh Steeler Troy Polomalu. A Trojan has appeared in all but 3 Super Bowls and there are 11 Trojan alumni in the Hall of Fame and three Ex-Assistant coaches. In 2012, Lindy’s Sports listed USC as the “football factory” for quarterbacks, running backs and offensive linemen.

5. Tennessee: (109) The Vols have produced 109 draftees that started a total of 3,760 games. Tennessee has produced 329 NFL draftees since establishing their football program, which is the most in the SEC. A total of 26 Vols performed in the Super Bowl since 2000, meaning at least one has played in 19 of the last 20 games. UT also has six players in the top 100; the most of any school in the SEC. Currently, 39 former Vols are on a NFL roster. Included are Quarterback Payton Manning and Dallas Cowboy Jason Witten.

CrimsonTideFan
    CrimsonTideFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Bausch85 View Post
    Again why are you using a whole region to compare to one state. You're comparing a whole region to the state of Ohio. I never said the south didn't have good football. I was replying to you saying what Ohio has. Only Texas and Pennsylvania can claim more Pro Football Hall of Famers than the Buckeye State.

1. Ohio State University: (117) The Buckeyes have produced 117 draftees that started a total of 3,958 games. Since their first year of football in 1890, the Buckeye’s football program has produced five Lombardi Award winners and six Hall of Fame inductees. Currently, OSU alumni play for 20 different NFL teams, including the Cincinnati Bengals and New York Giants.
    2. Miami (FL): (114) The Hurricanes have produced 114 draftees that started a total of 4,687 games. In 11 of the last 12 NFL seasons, UM alumni have played in the Super Bowl and the most Hurricanes to play in a single Super Bowl was nine during Super Bowl XXVIII. This game included Coach Jimmy Johnson and Jim Kelly. UM alumni make up four Hall of Fame inductees and 48 current NFL players. These players include Baltimore Raven Ray Lewis and Denver Bronco Willis McGahee.

3. Florida State: (112) The Seminoles have produced 112 draftees that started a total of 4,499 games. Since 1984 at least one FSU player has been chosen in the NFL Draft and at least three Seminoles were represented in the Pro Bowl between 2007 and 2009. The Wall Street Journal selected FSU as the top school for producing the best NFL players. Currently, 31 Seminole alumni play throughout the NFL. These players include New York Jet Antonio Cromartie and Baltimore Raven Anquan Boldin.

4. University of Southern California: (111) The Trojans have produced 111 draftees that started a total of 3,048 games. USC players are on the rosters of 26 of the NFL’s 32 teams. Some of which include Quarterback Mark Sanchez and Pittsburgh Steeler Troy Polomalu. A Trojan has appeared in all but 3 Super Bowls and there are 11 Trojan alumni in the Hall of Fame and three Ex-Assistant coaches. In 2012, Lindy’s Sports listed USC as the “football factory” for quarterbacks, running backs and offensive linemen.

5. Tennessee: (109) The Vols have produced 109 draftees that started a total of 3,760 games. Tennessee has produced 329 NFL draftees since establishing their football program, which is the most in the SEC. A total of 26 Vols performed in the Super Bowl since 2000, meaning at least one has played in 19 of the last 20 games. UT also has six players in the top 100; the most of any school in the SEC. Currently, 39 former Vols are on a NFL roster. Included are Quarterback Payton Manning and Dallas Cowboy Jason Witten.
    I'm putting in it terms of how/why you referred to it as 'southern pride' and some redneck references about the Civil War or whatever it was. You have to put the SEC region into context of population and geography as to why we are how we are. Has nothing to do with inbreeding or whatever broad generalization you choose to make. The reality is that its just different in that kids being recruited and playing together and having friends in most of the schools is routine. You can live in say Meridian, Mississippi area and be right in the crosshairs of Miss State/LSU/Auburn/Alabama or live in Montgomery, AL and be around Auburn/UGA and FLorida etc. So thats why you see the connections and rivalries/conference support.

If you live in Columbus, Oh then doubt many people from Troy/Ana areas ever know much more than Bucs ball and dont routinely travel to Minnesota or Iowa for whatever reason. If you're in LA you pretty much follow USC and not have much input around Oregon or other Pac 12 schools.

Football is just huge in the south all year long so everyone tends to not like 'outsiders' like Oregon or Ohio State when they get chances to spoil the dynasty thing is all. We look at it like having a good game going together in the park and going blow for blow out of respect...then suddenly here comes the fat kid who's crying to get a chance to play even though he's good in his circle of friends but is not up to the task of our game.

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

Quote Originally Posted by Bausch85 View Post

Interesting stuff, I am sure FSU AND THE U have fallen off in the last few years. But when you throw the The Gators in thats a lot from those 3 programs for sure. I remember seeing something here in the paper back in 2007 when Fla. was last in championship that a team from Fla. was in the the championship or won a championship in like 13 out of 20 years something like that?

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

i hate Oregon for losing
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Hotlanta Steam

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

find it ironic that tex a.m isn't shit in the big 12 and before that swc. But they are winning in the s.e.c and why is that? BECAUSE THE ACADEMIC STANDARDS ARE ALOT LOWER IN THE S.E.C! As we know texas , florida and california has the best prospects. A&m is going to get all the dumbasses that couldn't academically qualify for the 12. I hate osu but it's only a matter of time before the big cheater wins with o.s.u. not a suckeye fan.

chico2663

although alabama is recruiting one of the kids that i have know since he was a child. if he goes there i will be going to watch the games. and become an elephant fan!

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Priorities in Alabama:

1. fooball!
    2. natty light
    3. hatin' queers
    4. hatin' brown people
    5. evolution is a libruhl lie
    6. rape (incestual or otherwise)
    7. stockpiling ammo and canned goods
    8. trucks and associated lift kits
    9. jorts
    10. wal-mart

127. Literacy, higher education, healthcare, economic development, and all that other pussy librool stuff
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave Ernie Mccracken 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

beermankirk gave Ernie Mccracken 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

People just buy the media hype... LSU scraped by Ole Miss on Saturday... the same Ole Miss that Texas put 66 pts up on and 670 yards offense...

Georgia opponents are a combined 42-58 when you remove 11 wins over FCS schools...

Georgia beat Florida when Florida turned the ball over 6 times... 17-7

Florida scored 1 offensive TD against Jacksonville State this past weekend... a team that gave up 48 to Tennessee MARTIN a fellow FCS team the week before..

There is a reason Sagarin does a full conference rating with score difference mattering... it is because that is the only way to connect 100+ teams that don't all play each other... The SEC is second to the Big 12 for a reason... The SEC is Alabama then a little bit of Texas A&M, LSU and Georgia...

When South Carolina gets steamrolled by Clemson and Florida gets emabarrassed by Florida State maybe people will reliaze that the SEC is living off one game by its best team... Bama beating Michigan... Vandy lost to Northwestern, Mizzou lost to Syracuse, Arkansas lost to La Monroe who is now middle of the pack Sun Belt. Florida had to block a punt and return for a TD with 20 seconds to go in order to beat ULa La....

I just hope and pray that Georgia Tech beats UGA so we can just be done with the SEC is King again talk..

Also...another fun fact about Florida... they have not played a non-conference game outside the state of Florida since the 1980's....seriously...wrap your head around that

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    one thing i dont get with the sec fans are,

it seems like they are more proud of their conference then their own team within the conference..
    whats up with that?

i guess its a good fall back if your team isnt top tier in the conference. just odd when your rivals one week and rooting for them to win the title a month later.

like i cant see how if your a bama or auburn fan possibily rooting for the other in the title game...
    bears it's really not rocket science. I'm a gamecocks backer and they have zero chance to make a BCS game and yet they've throttled Clemson the last few years who has competed strongly in a less competitive conference. When your team gets bounced around in conference then surely you want to justify to yourself or whoever that you're still as good as the best teams in some of the other bcs conferences.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    bears it's really not rocket science. I'm a gamecocks backer and they have zero chance to make a BCS game and yet they've throttled Clemson the last few years who has competed strongly in a less competitive conference. When your team gets bounced around in conference then surely you want to justify to yourself or whoever that you're still as good as the best teams in some of the other bcs conferences.
    You are aware that Clemson is going to pound you brutally this week right? If the Tigers don't win by 14+ I will be stunned...

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Steam View Post
    You are aware that Clemson is going to pound you brutally this week right? If the Tigers don't win by 14+ I will be stunned...
    Reading is fundamental dipshit

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Reading is fundamental dipshit

Not at any SEC school

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Not at any SEC school

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

You are clueless

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    You are clueless
    I guess we will find out on Saturday... The ACC plays 4 SEC East opponents... I am betting that 2 of the 4 win outright.... I think Clemson and Florida State will throttle both South Carolina and Florida. I will also not be shocked of Georgia Tech stuns UGA.... I think Vandy will handle Wake, but Wake is awful....

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I guess we will find out on Saturday... The ACC plays 4 SEC East opponents... I am betting that 2 of the 4 win outright.... I think Clemson and Florida State will throttle both South Carolina and Florida. I will also not be shocked of Georgia Tech stuns UGA.... I think Vandy will handle Wake, but Wake is awful....
    Clemson might win (I doubt it), but throttle?

South Carolina owns Clemson recently in case you didn't notice

Florida St/Florida should be a very good game

UGA and Vandy should easily win

chico2663

s.e.c. doesn't believe in academics. I have met james brooks in person. the asshole graduated from auburn and can't penetrating read. true storyhttp://diverseeducation.com/article/10/

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Big 12, #1 team gets blown out, Pac 10 chokes again yet you have fools that bash the SEC. Only a dumbass hater would criticize a conference thats 8-1 in the BCS championship game.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    If I was a Buckeye and was what, 1-8 or 1-9 vs the SEC and took that Gator ass whipping in the BCS a few years ago...I'd be pretty vengeful as well.

Bottom line....prove it on the field. Until then all of the hypotheticals are just stupid sidewhow distractions to take away from how inferior the rest of the nation is at football. California has the best beaches, Ohio has the best METH.....and the south region has the best football.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Priorities in Alabama:

1. fooball!
    2. natty light
    3. hatin' queers
    4. hatin' brown people
    5. evolution is a libruhl lie
    6. rape (incestual or otherwise)
    7. stockpiling ammo and canned goods
    8. trucks and associated lift kits
    9. jorts
    10. wal-mart

127. Literacy, higher education, healthcare, economic development, and all that other pussy librool stuff
    I have to correct you on this, #1,3,7.8.10 should be 1-5
    the rest should fall to 6-10

Stack-N-Chips
    Stack-N-Chips's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    i hate Oregon for losing

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

GA 42 GT 10
    UF 37 FSU 26
    VANDY 55 WF 21
    COCKS 27 CLEMSON 17

SEC OUTSCORES ACC 161-74

BEATEN BY AN AVERAGE OF THREE TOUCHDOWNS A GAME

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post

GA 42 GT 10
    UF 37 FSU 26
    VANDY 55 WF 21
    COCKS 27 CLEMSON 17

SEC OUTSCORES ACC 161-74

BEATEN BY AN AVERAGE OF THREE TOUCHDOWNS A GAME
    Doesn't matter the SEC is soooo overrated!

First 12