Anyone makin a play on the BYU game?

Anyone got any useful insight?

guy Fawkes
    guy Fawkes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

San Jose State ML for me. Quick numbers analysis:

Yards/Play: SJST - 6.1, BYU - 4.9
    Points/Play SJST - 0.47, BYU - 0.34

BYU quarterbacks are still in trouble. Riley Nelson not 100% yet, but will need to start as Taysom Hill is out for the season. San Jose State has only lost to Utah State and Stanford this year, neither are shameful losses. BYU hasn't had any terrible losses either, but has twice as many at 4. Should be a close game, I'll take the plus money and value here.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by guy Fawkes View Post
    San Jose State ML for me. Quick numbers analysis:

Yards/Play: SJST - 6.1, BYU - 4.9
    Points/Play SJST - 0.47, BYU - 0.34

BYU quarterbacks are still in trouble. Riley Nelson not 100% yet, but will need to start as Taysom Hill is out for the season. San Jose State has only lost to Utah State and Stanford this year, neither are shameful losses. BYU hasn't had any terrible losses either, but has twice as many at 4. Should be a close game, I'll take the plus money and value here.
    byu has played a tougher schedule tho, and they did beat the same utah st team that beat sjst holding utah st to 3 points while they put up 49 on sjst.... honestly dont know, just think some of those numbers are inflated by sjst schedule...

clint227
    clint227's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Thanks for the input fellas

guy Fawkes
    guy Fawkes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    byu has played a tougher schedule tho, and they did beat the same utah st team that beat sjst holding utah st to 3 points while they put up 49 on sjst.... honestly dont know, just think some of those numbers are inflated by sjst schedule...
    I agree 100%, BYU has had a significantly harder schedule than San Jose State. Given that though, it's still hard to say that an easier schedule means inflated numbers. Tough to say BYU has better numbers with an easier schedule or SJST has worse numebrs with a tougher schedule. Many of SJST's games have been blowouts and they've taken their foot off the gas by the 4th quarter. The Utah State game against BYU is a little too close to home, so I can't comment on that one too much (AND be unbiased at least). I'll also note that the BYU 4.9 yards per play isn't a bad number by any means.

All things being equal, like I said I'll pretty much take this game with whoever is plus money (relatively small).

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by guy Fawkes View Post
    I agree 100%, BYU has had a significantly harder schedule than San Jose State. Given that though, it's still hard to say that an easier schedule means inflated numbers. Tough to say BYU has better numbers with an easier schedule or SJST has worse numebrs with a tougher schedule. Many of SJST's games have been blowouts and they've taken their foot off the gas by the 4th quarter. The Utah State game against BYU is a little too close to home, so I can't comment on that one too much (AND be unbiased at least). I'll also note that the BYU 4.9 yards per play isn't a bad number by any means.

All things being equal, like I said I'll pretty much take this game with whoever is plus money (relatively small).
    no doubt, it a tough gm to cap so cant argue with the + money, i generally just prefer defense over offense and think byu brings the better d...like utah over zona better..