The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

The Seer's 2012 NCAAF & NFL thread

As always, I won't be doing write ups on everything. There's just no time for it but I will when I can which may be less often this year. Feel free to post some good angles or info on games. My plays usually range from 1 unit to 5 units.

8/31

1st play - coming out of the gate with a big one

TENNESSEE VOLS -3 -115 4 units

I made my usual trips to different spring practices this year & caught a few this summer. There is no team that improved more than Tennessee. I feel like I have a good handle on them as I went to several practices and sat in on meetings. This is the most talented Tennessee team I've seen in at least 10 years. They feel like they have alot to prove and they do. Injuries killed this team that had no depth last year. LB Herman Lathers missed the entire season, the team's best player Justin Hunter went down in the 3rd game, & Tyler Bray broke his thumb in the 5th game. UT started a true freshmen, Worley, at QB for the majority of those games and Bray was never the same after returning for the final 2. UT had 10 starters coming back on offense before the SEC's leading WR Da'Rick Rogers was booted for failing multiple drug tests. The absence of Rogers will hurt a little but he has been a cancer and they have had a contingency plan for playing without him all along. That's why they went out and got the number 1 JUCO WR Cordarelle Patterson. The coaches feel he has all the tools and has learned the offense quickly. NC ST does sport an impressive secondary. They are one of the most dangerous secondaries in the country. Last season, NC St led the NCAA with 27 interceptions, including All-American junior David Amerson, who had 13 picks. With the top 3 WRs for UT at 6'3" 200lbs or better and running in the 4.4s along with Rivera at TE (ranked 3rd in the SEC in receptions and yardage among TEs), they will be facing a different animal. HUnter is easily the best of them. According to ESPN's Chris Low: "Had it not been for the injury, the general feeling around the SEC is that the 6-4, 200-pound Hunter would have emerged as perhaps the most feared big-play threat in the league last season." Hunter is also a 7'2" high jumper to boot.
    The most impressive improvement on offense though has been in the running game. Neither team did well running the football last season but the Vols made this their priority in spring practice and summer camp. I've never seen an OC smile as much as Jim Chaney after summer camp. He knows he has some serious firepower. THe young offensive line is now a little older, bigger, and stronger averaging 319 lbs. Tailback Rijon Neal has all the tools to be a great SEC back but had fumblitis in the past. He went all spring & summer without fumbling. IN 2011, NC State recorded 40 sacks but UT's offensive line only gave up 18 while playing the nation's best defenses in LSU, Alabama, South Carolina, & Georgia. NC State suffered a big losses at linebacker which I think is key to this game. Audie Cole & Terrell Manning both opted for the NFL. Cole led the team in tackles with 108. I believe the Vols will move the ball on the ground.
    The big improvement on defense came on the defensive line. TN has changed over from the 4-3 to DC Sal Sunseri's 3-4. The 3 starting defensive linemen check in at 970 lbs headed by JUCO stud Daniel McCullers at 6'7" 377. However, the best unit on the defense is the LBers which may turn out to be the best in the SEC this year. Heart and soul Herman Lathers is back after missing 2011 calling the defense but last years stud freshmen Curt Maggit and freshman All-American AJ Johnson will be the two to watch after a year of experience. It will be a tall task to run on this unit. Last season NC St QB Mike Glennon threw for over 3000 yds and completed over 62% of his passes. However, His big weakness is his ability to escape the pass rush. He was sacked 32 times last year. 4 year starter and 2nd team all SECer Prentiss Wagner at 6'2' will be solid at right corner and 2nd team freshman All-American Brian Randolph will be slober knocking at free safety.

I had a few more things to say about NC St but I'm running out of time and this is too long already but inexperience, injuries, youth, and depth have been the key issues for Tennessee the last 2 seasons but not so much now. Having to play so many young guys will prove to be huge this season as these kids are all sophomores and juniors. Also, let's not forget a weaker UT team blew out BCS team Cincinnati while at full strength and without their best players were tied with Georgia and Alabama at the half, was down by 4 to South Carolina at the half, & 10 to LSU at the half. From what I've seen, I expect Tennessee to pound the ball early and let Bray get comfortable before setting up playaction. Justin Hunter will haul in some big plays and the vols will win the battles at the line of scrimmage. The Vol defense can adjust to their new scheme they will shut down the NC St run game and force NC st to throw leading to turnovers. I fully expect them to win by a TD or more.

I have to get on the road. Good luck.
    Points Awarded:

Chi_archie gave The Seer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

jaeguyoon
    [Too Long]
    jaeguyoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

he's back!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Good luck Seer...

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Show me something guy

Impressive fuckin' wright up!

SCRAGGS
    The toe is back
    SCRAGGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

as always seer very impressive

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

how well did you do last year seer?

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    how well did you do last year seer?
    It wasn't terribly bad but I had my first losing season since the '06 season. I bet alot of dogs and the top 10 teams kicked my ass last year. Teams like Stanford, Oregon, Oklahoma St, etc. were covering monster spreads like it was going out of style. I think there will be some adjustment this year by odds makers with more over inflated numbers. We'll see.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Welcome back Seer. Love this time of year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who do not like this stuff

Kid is King of ncaaf

Seer post some new pics

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Seer, how many curls can you do with a 20 lb dumbell?

Seer is it true that you once power cleaned an olympic barbell with 2 45's on each side (225) while two freshmen punters hung onto either ends?

Seer glad to hear your father pulled through man

18 months ago my father was hospitalized with blood clots in his lungs and they realized he had suffered at least one minor heart attack in the years prior to him finally getting medical attention.

he too pulled through and I call him pretty much daily and tell him I love him, and I try to monthly fly in for a few days or make the chicago-pittsburgh drive to spend some time fishing, golfing, gardening, watching games with him...

good luck this season sir

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Glad your back. Good luck this season!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Saloon this shit

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

unreal seer

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I haven't tailed a poster in 1.5 years...

But I did today

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Saloon this shit

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

who is seer??? how the fukk do you sit in on meetings at tennesee???

i have a feeling seer is todd blackledge

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Good pick. Does SEC continue to destroy the ACC as usual with Auburn?

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

NICE HIT SEER!!!!!

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Good pick. Does SEC continue to destroy the ACC as usual with Auburn?
    I think so. Watkins out really hurts the big play ability of Clemson.

Auburn +2 -105 1 unit

The Seer

adding:

Mississippi -19.5 1 unit

Hugh Freeze likes to score is a great offensive mind. He'll do what he can to satisfy the fan base tonight.

The Seer

Memphis is depleted of talent. UTM is actually a very competitive 1 AA school. It wouldn't surprise me for them to win straight up. Plus, it's where I played my first 2 years of college ball! I am real familiar with both of these school.. I have former players at both.

UT Martin +10 -110 1 unit

The Seer

last game today

Michigan +13 -105 1 unit

Bama lost alot of studs from last year's team. They've got alot of talent to replace them but with not much experience and it will probably take a couple of games them to get settled in. I expect a little hangover too after winning the National championship.
    This should be a low scoring game and that is too many points. I can only go one unit though after Michigan lost tailback Toussaint for the game. Michigan will come into this game with more to prove than Alabama. This one should be close.

GL, on to tomorrow

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

2-2. Not bad. Survive and advance

chaseman
    chaseman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

welcome back Seer. Go vols.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    2-2. Not bad. Survive and advance
    Yeah, I was dead wrong about Bama & Michigan & knowing what I knew I should have made a bigger wager on UT Martin. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

SUnday:

SMU +7.5 1 unit

Texas transfer Garrett Gilbert will have adequate weapons in RB Zach Line and Wr Darius Johnson. The Mustangs also return key players off the defensive unit that finished 2nd in total defense in CUSA. For Baylor, 8 starters return from a pitiful defense that surrendered a school record 6,350 yards last season. Baylor will also be breaking in a new QB that has nowhere near the talent RG III. I like SMU for the outright win but I'll take the TD cushion.

GL today fellas.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by chaseman View Post
    welcome back Seer. Go vols.
    thanks man

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Welcome back Seer

Go ahead and give us a line for the Bama vs Fla St game as the BCS in Jan.

Best of luck this season

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

seer, don't like the avatar. urlacher is a world-class prick

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Saying that hindsight is 20/20 is such a common phrase but couldn't be more untrue. Nowhere near 20/20.

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

Seer is rock solid.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9589

Seer Best of luck this season.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    Saying that hindsight is 20/20 is such a common phrase but couldn't be more untrue. Nowhere near 20/20.
    in hindsight im sure your parents would have used a rubber or just aborted you..

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Nah bro they love me. That's why they put me through 5th grade, which is where I learned to type and speak better English than you can.

#actmoreblacktho

MrWD
    MrWD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thank you, Seer. Your write-ups are interesting reads! Hope to see more!

1234 ... Last