Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Is Idaho the worst team in College football??

they seem to get their doors blown off every week.

leaning Texas State -6.5 as a blind fade of Idaho. Don't have a clue about Texas State , does anybody follow these teams?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

UMass

Stack-N-Chips
    Stack-N-Chips's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Auburn, UMass, and Idaho have to be in the bottom of the shit pile this year

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    they seem to get their doors blown off every week.

leaning Texas State -6.5 as a blind fade of Idaho. Don't have a clue about Texas State , does anybody follow these teams?
    Ok first off they play UTSA this week (they were already dickslapped by Tx St a few weeks back)

That being said, they honestly suck the most. They sucked before they fired their coach and kicked off their starting QB. I had an open parlay fading them every game which blew up from that farce of an ending in the BYU game. Only thing that troubles me is favoring a new FBS school by a TD here. They've played well this year for the most part but it's still a gamble, even against a shitstorm like Idaho.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

When it comes to these bottom of the barrel teams, motivation plays a huge part. That's why you have teams like UMass beating Akron even tho they were almost 14 pt dogs. They didn't want to have a 0 win season so they were able to make it happen against Akron.

Both UTSA and Idaho have only one FBS win, both beating NMSU. I think UTSA being a TD favorite on the road is too much against two similarly bad teams. This is their last home game and the last winnable one of the season after being walloped by BYU. Even though outmatched in that game, they were still playing defense (even tho against BYU's second string) and trying to put up points. UTSA, on the other hand, is going to play their last game at home against a winnable Texas St team (maybe a bottle of barrel texas rival?). I think the motivation angle weights heavily to Idaho pulling out a win here. Probably worth a little on the ML too.

nvrlose37

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    When it comes to these bottom of the barrel teams, motivation plays a huge part. That's why you have teams like UMass beating Akron even tho they were almost 14 pt dogs. They didn't want to have a 0 win season so they were able to make it happen against Akron.

Both UTSA and Idaho have only one FBS win, both beating NMSU. I think UTSA being a TD favorite on the road is too much against two similarly bad teams. This is their last home game and the last winnable one of the season after being walloped by BYU. Even though outmatched in that game, they were still playing defense (even tho against BYU's second string) and trying to put up points. UTSA, on the other hand, is going to play their last game at home against a winnable Texas St team (maybe a bottle of barrel texas rival?). I think the motivation angle weights heavily to Idaho pulling out a win here. Probably worth a little on the ML too.
    Good write up except it seems you are saying Idaho is better than Tx St and that is really far from the truth.

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    Good write up except it seems you are saying Idaho is better than Tx St and that is really far from the truth.
    Define "better." A team can be more talented than another and still lose if they have nothing to play for. This pretty much happens in all sports, especially baseball. With these college kids it's an even bigger factor. UTSA and Idaho are equally bad teams. UTSA may look a lot better because of their 6-4 record but 5 of those wins are against FBS schools. Many power rankings have the teams as around dead-even statistically.

Idaho should be the play with motivation + home field + 6.5 points spotted, IMO.

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

stick auburn is not that bad. i have won money with them.

as for idaho they believe they will cover this week

nvrlose37

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Define "better." A team can be more talented than another and still lose if they have nothing to play for. This pretty much happens in all sports, especially baseball. With these college kids it's an even bigger factor. UTSA and Idaho are equally bad teams. UTSA may look a lot better because of their 6-4 record but 5 of those wins are against FBS schools. Many power rankings have the teams as around dead-even statistically.

Idaho should be the play with motivation + home field + 6.5 points spotted, IMO.
    Trust me, UTSA's 6 wins don't fool me, they are against nobodies and NMSU. What I look at is how they play and from the looks of it, they have played well in many tough games against the best WAC teams. Idaho has played like absolute dogshit in all of them, never close.

And please, the only motivation the Vandals ever had was to beat the 40.5 pt spread last week, that's about the max of their potential.

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    Trust me, UTSA's 6 wins don't fool me, they are against nobodies and NMSU. What I look at is how they play and from the looks of it, they have played well in many tough games against the best WAC teams. Idaho has played like absolute dogshit in all of them, never close.

And please, the only motivation the Vandals ever had was to beat the 40.5 pt spread last week, that's about the max of their potential.
    See my post in the other thread.