Aaron Stasko
    Aaron Stasko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 712

Loving This Game Tonight... UCONN +4 UNDER 44 local

i see value tonight taking the small home underdog on primetime... especially getting a good line from my local. now on to breaking down tonights game.

Pitt obviously started off the season in a horrible way but since has improved under first year coach chryst. However, I just can't see pitt getting up for this primetime game away at uconn after last weeks triple overtime loss to notre dame.

Uconn is on a 4 game losing streak straight up, but they are coming off an impressive cover at SF last week. Their defense remains as one of the top rated in the BIGEAST. Uconn has also held four of their last five opponents to 19 points or fewer. They have been playing their best ball at HOME this year and I believe they continue that trend tonight against Pitt.

Look for uconn to get redemption from last years 35-20 lose at pitt. Most of you will look at that score and say both these teams got better so the obviously play would be OVER. not so fast my friends because if you go back into that game 14 points were scored in the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter which is garbage time. There will be no garbage time in this game tonight folks because it will be a one possession game throughout the night. Both Pitt and Uconn defense will be ready for each other tonight. I was really impressed with Pitts defense against n.d, however I still give the slight edge to Uconn defense in this game.

Pitt is just 1-3 against the spread in their last four trips to Connecticut. I do think pitt will probably pull out a win tonight by 1-3 points but I just can't bet on them in this position with the public backing them 80% on the road after that horrible loss to n.d last week. The panthers will be emotionally drained from last week's near season making win, as Connecticut gets it done plus the points tonight! BOL

UCONN +4 3u
    UNDER 44 5u

TheProdigy8199
    TheProdigy8199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Nice write up. I see your reasoning, but you forget that while Connecticuts defense in one of the best in the BigEast, their offense is almost non-existent. They rely heavily on their defense to keep them in games. Pitt was able to shred the Notre Dame's defense last week which I believe is a step up from Connecticut's. If Pitt was able to hold on and knock off Notre Dame then I would say a let down was likely to happen, but I think they gained a lot more with a loss than they would have with a win. They should play inspired football tonight knowing that they can hung with one of the ( so-called ) best teams in the country. If Pitt takes a lead in this game like they did to ND, I don't see the Connecticut offense being able to comeback in the same fashion as ND. Pitt has been undervalued this season do to some of their poor showings, but they have been absolutely money to their backers, going 6-3 ATS this season, while Connecticut is a dismal 1-5-3. I don't see where anything changes tonight.

I'm on Pitt -3. I do like the under though. Wish you luck.

flyboy
    Let's go racing!!
    flyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

uconn wins straight up!

Aaron Stasko

Yes, uconn does heavily rely on their defense. I think if uconn can put up 14 points tonight it will be enough to get the job done imo. I don't see how you can say a pitt loss against n.d has helped them tho. Most of those kids are probably still thinking about how they blew their lead and also blew the overtime fg for the win on an afternoon primetime saturday against ND. I just can't see pitt wanting to come to uconn and play on the road after that horrible loss. I see a 1-3 point win by either teams tonight but give pitt the edge since they do still have bowling chance.

Obviously, Im on the under for more since I see this being a low scoring game for both teams. i dont think we will see either team scoring over 21 points, atleast i hope not. Im on the under for more because like you said if pitt would get out to a lead uconn has no chance at coming back and covering and pitt is usually good at running the clock and being respectful. BOL.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Uconn is the dont make sense whatsoever play 100%. They suck but the line speaks.

dilaudid8
    dilaudid8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Aaron gl today my brother U CONN

Parlayking414
    Parlayking414's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

All the facts about the trends of Uconn and stuff look good and are true. But for righr now, at this point in the season i think you have to look at how both teams have been playing. Pitt is definitely on the upswing and uconn is going the other direction. Pitt covers in my opinion just because they are the better team playing better right now.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

17-16 Uconn

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

17 - 13 pitt

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

checking in

Nov 09, 2012 07:41:53 PM Single #271149960
    Football - College Lines (Game) Total
    (111) Pittsburgh vs. (112) Connecticut
    Under 43 Nov 09/12@08:00p
    Web US$ 300.00 US$ 272.73

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Special teams will put this game over the total

paco

24-0

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

hell ya

paco

Made it scary at the end. Clutch 3rd down conversion at the end by Uconn to ice it.

Aaron Stasko

yeaah budddy. cash those tickets... it can't ever be easy in this business always got to sweat them out

dilaudid8
    dilaudid8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Aaron great job my brother keep that money train rolling 2-0 nice hit goodnight

cboogie
    cboogie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 452

why do people say uconn sucks? I bet them a few times this year. The D is nice.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by cboogie View Post
    why do people say uconn sucks? I bet them a few times this year. The D is nice.
    Guy they suck. One win vs the spread all year means they suck plain and simple. Their D isn't bad but the overall team sucks. Nice win here in a good spot vs a team off losing a monster emotional game last week.