No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Which home dog is a better bet Thursday: Virginia Tech or Jacksonville?

VT being way undervalued because of their recent dysfunction. Talent-wise, they have no business being +13.5 at home. Yet they've made their bed. Logan Thomas is having a sub-par year and the team just doesn't seem to be carrying itself well. Body language indicates possible chemistry issues. Do they pull it together for one night Thursday?

Jags are awful. No doubt. Hard to believe the Colts are -3.5 on the road vs. anyone, though. They've somehow only played three road games this season, and are 1-2, having beaten the mighty Titans. They were blown out at Chicago and blown out at the Jets. Starting CBs Davis and Powers are both out, which doesn't help their cause. No Fleener either. Jags' lone win came at Indy earlier this season. MJD probably won't play, though, and he torched them in the first meeting. Gabbert is somehow 3-0 vs. the Colts; does he have wins vs. anyone else in his career?

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

well i am only a savvy and well-informed coin flipper, so take it for what its worth, but i think the jags have to be by far the better bet

the jags are still an nfl team, as awful as they may be, and the colts are off of a hard-fought physical game on a short week

vtech has given up on the season, and florida st is in contention for Top 5 respect, especially with a loss

at the moment, I am liking jacksonville and did bet it, and liking florida st, havent bet it yet but did bet the over

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both are live, but if I had to choose one I'd say the jags. They always give the colts problems, and it's a divisional game. Good luck.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

haven't even seen the lines yet but my answer is jacksonville

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Jax, should be able to throw on an injured Indy secondary

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Jax, should be able to throw on an injured Indy secondary
    Two starting CBs out is huge. Even Gabbert can't f\*\*k that up.

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Virginia Tech is awful. Jacksonville is the better choice.

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

i think fred taylor could come back and gain 100+ on the colts..they never seem to be able to stop the jags rush game..mjd out sucks but jennings should be alright..i think cecil shorts will have a big game..yes cecil shorts im not drunk

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

3 words that should scare any Jags backer: BLAINE FUKIN GABBERT. He's the Brock Landers of qb's.

FilL IVY League
    FilL IVY League's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Jags will lose, by 3

No way Jags win, there only win was against the colts who are looking for revenge. This is Andrew Lucks 1st primetime game and after leading the NFL in passing last week, look for him to throw for 300 plus yards in the spotlight, Jags are probably the worst team in the league and have given up on the season. Meanwhile the Colts are improving week by week and though they are 1 - 2 on the road, they faced a hungry Jets team desperate for a win, and week 1 lost to the best defense in the league in the Chicago Bears, Andrew's 1st game as a pro. They are 5 - 3 beating Green Bay, Minnesota and are in revenge mode as Jacksonville is there only home loss. It's a small spread but I still am buying the hook, even so I won't be surprised if they blow them out of the water. Colts win this game fellas, BOL!!!

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

I kind of like VT. I watched FSU play NC State, Manuel is not a good QB. I think if Logan Thomas doesn't throw 3 picks (honestly like he tries to some times) I think they cover. This is a conference home game for VT with a good head coach.This is there last chance to at least do something right this year. They have nothing to lose. I also like the under in this as well.

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

BTW I am not advocating that this is a better pic than the jags. I don't normally bet spreads on NFL. Just clearly trying to give you my opinion of FSU VS VT.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Vt gets blown out. Jags lose by 3-10

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3393

After watching VT play against Miami last week, I would not play them. 13.5 is a lot of points, but VT looks real bad. In addition, VT has O-line concerns. If the starting corners are out for Indy, would lean towards Jax of the 2. Then again Indy has found their groove and Jax just sucks. Not playing either Dog.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    3 words that should scare any Jags backer: BLAINE FUKIN GABBERT. He's the Brock Landers of qb's.
    Right but Jags may be the lesser of these two evils Good points were already made, Colts should not be favored on the road over anyone and Va Tech looks like they quit. Personally I am not betting either side, but if I absolutely had to it would be Jax. My only actual play between the two games is Jags Under.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Betting home dogs gives an edge a lot of times and I often look for good opportunities to play them, however, I don't think either of these are good opportunities. Logan Thomas cannot be trusted, and Jax has heen deteriorating where the Colts have been on an upswing bigtime. Luck is finding his stride and the team is banding together for Pagano. Could be a blowout here. Don't take the home dog Friday night either. Wait til Saturday to find one.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

The whole world will bet the Colts but the big pts will slow some touts a little on Fl St
    I like both dogs at least 1 wins here I wouldnt parlay but 2 dog str bets seems safe.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Excellent insight from the above posts...those mon and thur nite home dogs in the nfl scare me....there seems to be no reason in hell to take the jags, other than that freeky phenomenon.

Know VT will be motivated to salvage something, but the motivation without the talent or chemistry will prove futile. Fla-St covers.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

hard to take either, colts revenge game, vtech terrible all season, i guess id say vtech, only real chance to save their season at all is tonight.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Colts by by 14
    Vtech by 3

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Colts by 10

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

theres only 1 road team that has covered the spread on the thursday night games so far this year. The colts have 5 wins and the largest win being by 6 points. Coming off of a huge emotional win and the short week no way this young colts team will travel well and be ready for the game Jags +3.5 and +165

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Quote Originally Posted by james4512 View Post
    theres only 1 road team that has covered the spread on the thursday night games so far this year. The colts have 5 wins and the largest win being by 6 points. Coming off of a huge emotional win and the short week no way this young colts team will travel well and be ready for the game Jags +3.5 and +165
    This, plus Colts D are banged up. Jags ML.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    VT being way undervalued because of their recent dysfunction. Talent-wise, they have no business being +13.5 at home. Yet they've made their bed. Logan Thomas is having a sub-par year and the team just doesn't seem to be carrying itself well. Body language indicates possible chemistry issues. Do they pull it together for one night Thursday?

Jags are awful. No doubt. Hard to believe the Colts are -3.5 on the road vs. anyone, though. They've somehow only played three road games this season, and are 1-2, having beaten the mighty Titans. They were blown out at Chicago and blown out at the Jets. Starting CBs Davis and Powers are both out, which doesn't help their cause. No Fleener either. Jags' lone win came at Indy earlier this season. MJD probably won't play, though, and he torched them in the first meeting. Gabbert is somehow 3-0 vs. the Colts; does he have wins vs. anyone else in his career?

good thread pal. this makes for some good sports talk. Thanks for pointing out the injuries in tonights NFL game.

however proceed with caution with V-Tech. They are awful. But at the same time Florida State seems to play down to their opponents level on the road. I wouldn't touch that V-Tech vs FSU game with a 10 foot pole.

i'm leaning Colts -3 in the NFL game but i don't want to be on the same side as the public and the line almost seems to good to be true. Having 2 starting Cornerbacks out for the Colts might be a major problem b/c the Jaguars have some talented WR...

how good is that Jaguars O-line?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

one thing also worth pointing out is the Jaguars do NOT have a strong home field advantage.

They might have the worst fan base in the entire NFL , and b/c they don't support their team they may be on their way to LA or London very soon.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    My only actual play between the two games is Jags Under.
    That under scares me LT. Ball's going to be flying all over the yard, with MJD out and the two corners for Indy sidelined. You know the Colts are going to throw.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by eeezzzz View Post
    I kind of like VT. I watched FSU play NC State, Manuel is not a good QB. I think if Logan Thomas doesn't throw 3 picks (honestly like he tries to some times) I think they cover. This is a conference home game for VT with a good head coach.This is there last chance to at least do something right this year. They have nothing to lose. I also like the under in this as well.
    It'd be damn hard to trust a QB like Manuel laying DD on the road, but I really don't like what I've seen from VT. Aside from the obvious execution-wise, they seem to have quit on Beamer.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

I don't think Indy's corners being out will effect them much. davis has been out and powers has been god awful

line looks right
    Now

Someone talk me off THunder

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    I don't think Indy's corners being out will effect them much. davis has been out and powers has been god awful

line looks right
    Now

Someone talk me off THunder
    I hate betting against the Bulls at home. Thibs is one of the top two coaches in the league and they play damn hard for him.

With that being said, the Thunder should out-talent the Bulls. I like the Blazers more.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Bet they (or anyone) would have a huge hf adv after moving to london..lol

RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

I despise Teasers but dare I say tease the Jags up and Fl St down??

I see the jags/colts as a coin flip.

I like to think of the "emotional angle" when considering the colts. A lot riding on them to continue this unprecedented positive first half of the season. They're all in for their head coach battling leukemia as they battle for a playoff spot... Luck has looked good, and should he continue to look good tonight, they should cover. However, you then sit here and consider the Thurs night home dog and it's tough not to like the Jags a little bit... Ugh, may lay off them entirely.

If I had to pick one game to play, it would be Fl St...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I hate betting against the Bulls at home. Thibs is one of the top two coaches in the league and they play damn hard for him.

With that being said, the Thunder should out-talent the Bulls. I like the Blazers more.
    Bulls lost to New Orleans at home infront of a Saturday night crowd. And that was without Anthony Davis.

Bulls are very unpredictable though and the Thunder really miss Harden.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by RetardStrength View Post
    I despise Teasers but dare I say tease the Jags up and Fl St down??

I see the jags/colts as a coin flip.

I like to think of the "emotional angle" when considering the colts. A lot riding on them to continue this unprecedented positive first half of the season. They're all in for their head coach battling leukemia as they battle for a playoff spot... Luck has looked good, and should he continue to look good tonight, they should cover. However, you then sit here and consider the Thurs night home dog and it's tough not to like the Jags a little bit... Ugh, may lay off them entirely.

If I had to pick one game to play, it would be Fl St...
    also last time the Colts pulled out an emotional home win spurred by thier coach's aliment (30-27 over GB), they went on the road and got hammered by the Jets

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Bet they (or anyone) would have a huge hf adv after moving to london..lol
    they would have a HUGE homefield advantage in London! did you not see the Patriots vs Rams game? those people are crazy about american football.

and think about the travel of teams going to play in London...

RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    also last time the Colts pulled out an emotional home win spurred by thier coach's aliment (30-27 over GB), they went on the road and got hammered by the Jets
    Very, very true!

12 Last