Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Ark State predictions?

Anyone have some good insight/predictions. Been winning in basketball and lost these last 2 pitiful games. Whats everyones thoughts? QB for Monroe is out I see....

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

Arkansas State.. Offense is clicking very well and Ryan Aplin is a very good QB in the sun belt... They beat up Lafayette and Monroe got spanked by them.. Ark state very balanced offensively Oku should run well

bane
    bane's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yup, ULM QB went out in Q1 of the ULL game. He almost passed for as many yards in Q1 as the back-up did the remaining 3 quarters. They don't have the same skill set. Back up is a senior, in the game film/QB meetings, involved. Still, offense only has 4 days/short week to adjust before a road meeting at Ark St on a Thurs night.

Aside from that news, the teams are relatively evenly matched on paper. Similar avg points, win/loss spreads. Ark St a bit better in yds per play/yards given up. Nothing really stands out except ULM has the slight edge on 3rd down conversions & turnovers. Since their offense is in flux, that edge is likely eliminated.

Ark is the play for me.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

i'm on ark st to cover, betting tonight. offense is good, defense looks to be jelling too. here's some other news, might be good or not

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...2012-ncaaf-nnb

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Wow, great article. Thanks for all the input guys. Jumping on 1 unit ML and 1 unit ML parlayed with OKC. Lets get it guys.

biggedge
    biggedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 362

Seriously, those team reports are fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Looks like the Warhawks are going to have a hard time scoring with many of their offensive weapons out (including their biggest in Browning). Now the coach is admitting to a lack of depth on the defensive side as well. Looks like the warhawks early season heroics have worn them down. It's too bad as they've been a scrappy team and entertaining to watch, but it's looking like they might be beaten by the well-rested and healthy Ark St team.

I'll take Ark St here too.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

i dont like the okc game.. they crumble in primetime when westbrook pulls his usually curtain call.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I don't know a ton about either team besides watching the Thursday night games and reading that report, but the announcers seemed to think that Monroe was a step above everyone else talent wise, without a QB is tough, but the disparity at other positions may outweigh it, seeing as the QB being out has definitely influenced the line.

zola
    zola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

ULM is without Browning. Without 2 of top 3 RBs
    Without 1 of top WR.
    Best safety out indefinitely.
    LB & DE out for season.

A-State -7

tarhole05
    tarhole05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

Not to mention Arkansas lost to ULM so Arky St would like nothing better than to beat ULM and let their instate counter parts hear about it.

ronniejamedio
    ronniejamedio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2250

There are a few variables that worry me here. One: The senior QB for monroe will be much more prepared here, and they do have good vet wr's. Two: These guys play each other tough every year with either team winning by a small margin. And this game has a lot at stake. Ark st. can def roll, But I feel its going to be tough with Ark st. coming away with a small margin.

ronniejamedio

Plus look at the last two CFB games. Public has been on the favs (toledo/ohio) and both lost outright. fade the public on this one.

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

Arkansas State is good, they will not lose this game. Disregard any comments saying to fade the public on this one, Arkansas State cashes.

ronniejamedio

That's cool as with every post one of us will be wrong here. BOL

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Quote Originally Posted by ronniejamedio View Post
    Plus look at the last two CFB games. Public has been on the favs (toledo/ohio) and both lost outright. fade the public on this one.

I was on both dogs and BG ML. However, I have Ark State in a parlay ML. So I hope they just win even if its by one point lol