Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

After all that's happened USC beats ASU and UCLA and they have a rematch for the title. Kiffin coming out with roses would be the irony

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    After all that's happened USC beats ASU and UCLA and they have a rematch for the title. Kiffin coming out with roses would be the irony

Very possible. Oregon secondary has no answer at all for Lee/Woods and will give up another 40+ without a doubt. If USC gets a few timely mistakes up in Eugene like they did last year, Trojans win.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    You forgot Kiffin is still the coach USC can't win with him
    BINGO!!! That's USC's problem, all those GREAT STUD ATHLETES, and yet they come up short, every year.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Newsflash - Kiffin has a massive talent advantage over all his opponents, already. #1 QB and a two of the best WR's in the country. Winning at football is a lot more than stacking 5 star guys.
    WTF?! Barkley is nowhere near the best QB in the country.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Is one of the recruits a brain surgeon? To give Kiffin a brain transplant??

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Very possible. Oregon secondary has no answer at all for Lee/Woods and will give up another 40+ without a doubt. If USC gets a few timely mistakes up in Eugene like they did last year, Trojans win.
    SC got a few untimely mistakes by the Ducks, on Saturday, and SC still lost.

I don't get the SC mystique. No matter how many games they lose in a season there is always some yahoo touting how SC is NOT done and can still win, blah, blah, blah... I won't be shocked if they lose to ASU and/or UCLA. Both UCLA and ASU can hang with SC because SC doesn't play flawless football like a true powerhouse.

When has USC stepped up this year? When? They haven't!

First BIG game of the season: @ Stanford = LOST

Not a big game: @ Arizona = LOST

BIG game @ home versus Oregon = LOST!

Again, I ask, who has SC beaten and why do people continue to assume that SC has the ability to put it together and win a BIG game?

So far they've FAILED at every major turn of the season.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

The USC Trojans' No. 1 ranked recruiting class took a hit on Sunday night as Max Redfield (Mission Viejo, Calif./Mission Viejo) announced his decommitment.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    The USC Trojans' No. 1 ranked recruiting class took a hit on Sunday night as Max Redfield (Mission Viejo, Calif./Mission Viejo) announced his decommitment.
    I just saw that on Twitter.

I'm still amazed at the halo affect that still surrounds this underachieving program. SC has a legitimate shot at 5 losses this season and yet, after every SC loss, I can always find some nut job pumping them up as the next team to win it all.

theAkathist
    theAkathist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post

4-star safety they dont even need him............any other pac-12 team it would crush

theAkathist

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    You think this is new?

Their team is littered with 5-star players now

In 2010, USC signed 6 five-star players.

In 2011, USC signed 4 five-star players.

It doesn't matter. Lane Kiffin is still the coach.

yes i think it is new. the recruiting season isnt even half over yet. he could end up with an amazing 10 5-star guys

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by theAkathist View Post
    yes i think it is new. the recruiting season isnt even half over yet. he could end up with an amazing 10 5-star guys
    Oh, I get it.

This is your first time following college football.

USC's max number is 18 this year. They were at 18 until Redfield's decommit last night.

So, they can land get one more kid. But remember--- Lane Kiffin is still the coach, and as long as that fukin dolt is on the sidelines they will suck.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Noles1992 View Post
    Carroll built a Dynasty? you were in a couple of national championships and won 1. You now how many other teams have done that
    Pete Carroll at USC:
    34 game winning streak (longest in modern day college football history)
    7 consecutive Top 4 finishes
    7 consecutive BCS bowl appearances
    6 BCS bowl victories (one loss coming to Texas in title game)
    33 straight weeks as the AP #1 ranked team in the country (which is a college football record)
    3 Heisman Trophy winners
    A record of 67-7 over a 74 game span
    6 year unbeaten streak at home
    etc. etc. etc. etc.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    WTF?! Barkley is nowhere near the best QB in the country.
    foolish

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

A team full of prima donnas is never a good idea.

theAkathist

i have to say i watched barkley for the first time last weekend and he has an absolute laser for an arm. so accurate too. one of those QB's like peyton manning who stands out even on television.........guy will be a star in the nfl

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    foolish
    Barkley is a good college QB, but he's not #1. So much for unfinished business, the kid has failed to win any BIG games this season.

Typical USC hype machine, ALWAYS toutING how great they believe themselves to be, only to fall woefully short as usual. Once again, what BIG games has USC won this year? NONE!

@ Stanford LOSS
    @ Arizona (not a BIG game) LOSS
    Oregon LOSS

Congrats on beating Colorado, Hawaii, Syracuse, Cal, Utah, and Washington. Defeating those POWERHOUSE schools has cemented your legacy at USC, Matt Barkley. Thanks for always coming up short against Stanford. Hey, at least you've always beat UCLA.

Please STOP the USC is God's gift to college football, theme. SC has come up short for quite awhile now and yet everyone keeps hyping their talent level. WIN SOMETHING OR SHUT THE PHUCK UP!

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

foolish
    why is this foolish, Billy? It would be a big stretch for him to be in anybodies top 10...Where do you think he ranks?

theAkathist

Barkley is a good college QB, but he's not #1. So much for unfinished business, the kid has failed to win any BIG games this season.

Typical USC hype machine, ALWAYS toutING how great they believe themselves to be, only to fall woefully short as usual. Once again, what BIG games has USC won this year? NONE!

@ Stanford LOSS
    Oregon LOSS

Congrats on beating Colorado, Hawaii, Syracuse, Cal, Utah, and Washington. Defeating those POWERHOUSE schools has cemented your legacy at USC, Matt Barkley. Thanks for always coming up short against Stanford. Hey, at least you've always beat UCLA.

Please STOP the USC is God's gift to college football, theme. SC has come up short for quite awhile now and yet everyone keeps hyping their talent level. WIN SOMETHING OR SHUT THE PHUCK UP!

mark sanchez usc67.JPG

A4K

i have to say i watched barkley for the first time last weekend and he has an absolute laser for an arm. so accurate too. one of those QB's like peyton manning who stands out even on television.........guy will be a star in the nfl

BIG difference, Manning wins BIG games. Barley pads stats and has failed to win any BIG games this season. He choked at Stanford and Arizona. This kid will be like most SC QB's, clipboard holders who were over hyped. See....

Leinart, Sanchez, Booty, Cassell Only exception is Carson Palmer, and he's average at best.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here is one and there will probably be more:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...s-decommitment

William Walters

@ Stanford LOSS
    Oregon LOSS

You said Barkley is "nowhere near" the best college quarterback. Please provide me the list of college QB's that are FAR SUPERIOR (since Barkley is "nowhere near" the best) to Matt Barkley.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Here is one and there will probably be more:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...s-decommitment
    LOL........you want to point towards a single recruit leaving...........here is my retort:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...k/2013/all/all

There is a lot more that goes in to winning a title than collecting four and five star recruits, but amassing the talent certainly plays a large roll. Nobody is even REMOTELY close to touching USC's "average star ranking".

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

How many games were forfeited for cheating???

Pete Carroll at USC:
    34 game winning streak (longest in modern day college football history)
    7 consecutive Top 4 finishes
    7 consecutive BCS bowl appearances
    6 BCS bowl victories (one loss coming to Texas in title game)
    33 straight weeks as the AP #1 ranked team in the country (which is a college football record)
    3 Heisman Trophy winners
    A record of 67-7 over a 74 game span
    6 year unbeaten streak at home
    etc. etc. etc. etc.

A4K

You said Barkley is "nowhere near" the best college quarterback. Please provide me the list of college QB's that are FAR SUPERIOR (since Barkley is "nowhere near" the best) to Matt Barkley.
    I apologize. I overstated when I said he was nowhere near.

With that said, Barkley is a good QB, but he will end up like a better version than Jimmy Clausen in the NFL.

The positives for Barkley are his character and leadership skills. NFL teams won't have to worry about him being a problem. Barkley forces too many throws instead of taking what is given to him. This was apparent in the Arizona game. On multiple plays, Barkley had a first down underneath and he passed it up to over throw a receiver downfield. That sort of stuff will eat you up in the NFL. In addition to some of the questionable decisions, Barkley isn't the most accurate passer downfield. Can Barkley play at the NFL level? Sure. Will he be a franchise QB, I highly doubt it.

It was laughable when Barkley indirectly asserted that he's a better QB that RG3 or Luck, by stating that he would've been drafted ahead of them, had he declared. Barkley is not in the same class as Luck or RG3.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    why is this foolish, Billy? It would be a big stretch for him to be in anybodies top 10...Where do you think he ranks?
    Raydoggy..........I'm not saying Barkley should currently be inside the top 10 on the overall draft board. I am however saying it's foolish to say Matt Barkley is "nowhere near" the best QB in the nation. Every "draft expert" has Barkley in the top 3 (at the QB spot).......usually 1 or 2....with Geno Smith the competition for the top QB spot.

SamDiamond

LOL........you want to point towards a single recruit leaving...........here is my retort:

There is a lot more that goes in to winning a title than collecting four and five star recruits, but amassing the talent certainly plays a large roll. Nobody is even REMOTELY close to touching USC's "average star ranking".
    Talent has NEVER been USC's problem. Ever. They're always talented.

Ted Tollner, Larry Smith and Paul Hackett all recruited NFL talent to Southern Cal. They just sucked as head coaches.

Carroll broke that trend.

The problem with USC is Lane and Monte Kiffin. There is NFL talent on this year's USC defense, but wouldn'twatching Monte Kiffin coach them, you wouldn't know it.

As long as the Kiffin clan are running things, I'm not sure USC will win a N.C.

A team with Barkely, Woods, Lee, Agholor, Silas Redd, and 15 other future NFLers shouldn't lose to Stanford and Arizona. And fine they lost to Oregon, but they shouldn't be giving up 62 points.

SamDiamond

Okay, chalk this up for one of the creepier SBR posts.

Who has a pic of Barkley and a girl at the go, ready to post on a gambling forum?

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    How many games were forfeited for cheating???
    None for "cheating" that would have effected the outcome of games.

Unless of course, you think that Reggie's scumbag dad........and Reggie himself at times............accepting handouts AFTER he was already a star somehow effected wins on the field.

Lots of SC haters out there...........still bitter about getting their asses handed to them by the Men of Troy.

(I should add..........I'm an SC alum)

SamDiamond

Unless of course, you think that Reggie's scumbag dad........and Reggie himself at times............accepting handouts AFTER he was already a star somehow effected wins on the field.

Lots of SC haters out there...........still bitter about getting their asses handed to them by the Men of Troy.

Will, you're alright, but your judgment is clouded by your alumfandom here.

Bush and his family accepted what, 280K in benefits? Bush shouldn't have played a single down in 2005, some games were most definitely affected by his participation.

And I'm pretty certain Bush played a key role in USC's 2005 season.

A4K

And yet, with all of those BIG recruits, SC continually falls short of winning anything notable. Imagine what Saban or a half decent coach could do with all of that talent.

My opinion, SC players read their press clippings and start buying into the hype before they've earned it.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

willie boy will be jerking off after Oregon gets buried and all those guys who should be going there all jump ship to USC

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Oregon will be lethal again next year....

A4K

Ahhhhh it all makes sense, now. Step away from the Kool-Aid container. SC is a good football program, but they fall woefully short of being GREAT. SC fans do themselves a disfavor by constantly proclaiming how great they are and how they're going to do this or that.

Again, I ask, what BIG game has SC won this season to deserve being considered a top team?

All that talent is great on paper, but SC hasn't utilized it to win anything of note.

I'm not impressed with wins over Hawaii, Syracuse, Utah, Colorado, Washington or Cal.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Talent has NEVER been USC's problem. Ever. They're always talented.

Ted Tollner, Larry Smith and Paul Hackett all recruited NFL talent to Southern Cal. They just sucked as head coaches.

Carroll broke that trend.

The problem with USC is Lane and Monte Kiffin. There is NFL talent on this year's USC defense, but wouldn'twatching Monte Kiffin coach them, you wouldn't know it.

As long as the Kiffin clan are running things, I'm not sure USC will win a N.C.

A team with Barkely, Woods, Lee, Agholor, Silas Redd, and 15 other future NFLers shouldn't lose to Stanford and Arizona. And fine they lost to Oregon, but they shouldn't be giving up 62 points.
    I'm not a big Lane Kiffin fan, but also don't despise the guy. It's Monte I'm done with.

First 1234 Last