SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT Profit: UAB & SMU Under 48

UAB & SMU Under 48

Game Time: 10/31/2006 7:30:00 PM
    By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com

Don't be tricked by tonight's total that is set too high in the UAB-SMU game to be played in Dallas. Treat yourself to the under.

This seems like a rather high number considering that Alabama-Birmingham is averaging just 19.6 points per game overall, and the average total of all their games has been 42.5 points.

In fact, the Blazers' offense has been even worse in their three road games, averaging just 16.7 points per contest. The under is now 8-3 in the last 11 UAB games overall stretching back to last season.

This team managed just 24 points against a poor Marshall defense last week, and that effort came at home. The Blazers have gotten erratic quarterback play from Chris Williams who has completed just 57.9 percent of his passes while throwing for 936 yards with six interceptions. We do not feel this offense will be successful until he develops some consistency.

Now the reason for this high total no doubt is that SMU is averaging 43.7 points at home. However, do not forget that the Mustangs have played just three games at home all year, and they scored 45 points vs. Division I-AA Sam Houston State, and 55 and 31 points respectively against a couple defenseless teams (Arkansas State, Marshall). Even with those home outbursts vs. weak competition, SMU is still averaging just 26.9 points per game overall with a combined average per game of 51.0 total points per contests. We feel you could shave a touchdown off that average here given the upgrade in competition, so we are projecting a final total score here of around 42 points or so.

Play: UAB-SMU Under 48 (-110)

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually like UAB in this game myself. However, I will not be playing it.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice call on the under...