RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

Learn me on the value of Oregon laying 8

Tell me why I shouldn't play Oregon here...??

First ranked opponent...
    "Make a BCS statement"
    On the road...

After all, I'm retarded...
    Attached Images  

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Like you said, they haven't been challenged yet.

When USC wants to show up, they have somewhat comparable talent.

Oregon's D looks better than usual, but it's hard to tell if it's fool's gold or not given their cupcake schedule so far.

RetardStrength

My Sat Plays:

1 unit - George Tech -8 Considering the UNDER rather than rooting for GTech. MD might as well start their kicker at QB. I don't see much offensive production. I do see this line shifting prior to kick-off...

.5 unit - Oregon -8 Oregon's first real test. I'm not super impressed with USC this year. Too much hype, not enough proven. Oregon's defense has showed up and their ability to score has me thinking 8 points is a gift. They WILL put up points, so if the D shows up, this is a gimme

.5 unit Parlay:
    Louis -16 Been fading Temple for last 2 weeks. They got extremely lucky against UCONN... UCONN Kicker missed 4 FG's that game.
    Mizzou +17 I don't see Florida rolling over Mizzou in this conference finale after letting the air out of their tires last week against Georgia. No longer a contender for the SEC title, I see FL winning this game by 6-10...
    Bama -8 This one is self explanatory. Bama could roll a few NFL squads at the moment. 8 points is a gift

Noteworthy (may play or scratch)
    Indiana -2.5 Slumping Iowa team, Vandenberg sucks. Indiana one of the best passing O's in the big10 right now.. Weather will be a determining factor in this play/no play

West VA -5 ***Rebound Play! West Va off a bye week, hopefully they've addressed the defensive issues and I like Geno Smith to make big plays at home. WVA does NOT LOSE consecutive games at home. If this wasn't off a bye week, I wouldn't even be eying them here, after the shit they've passed off as football the last few weeks

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

Alabama would lose to the Chiefs. Kids cannot beat men, sorry.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

when was the last time sc was a dog of more than a td at home?

if sc won last week, what would the line be? most likely it would be 6.5 or less.

i know preseason rankings don't mean shit but sc was ranked 1st in the polls.

that should tell you sc has major talent. how does that dictate to the outcome of this game?

well if they show up, they should cover the spread pretty easily.

but that is the problem, will they show up?

i'm leaning towards sc atm but can't pull the trigger.

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane1091 View Post
    JT and looneys discussion this morning

matt777s
    matt777s's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 445

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    when was the last time sc was a dog of more than a td at home?

if sc won last week, what would the line be? most likely it would be 6.5 or less.

i know preseason rankings don't mean shit but sc was ranked 1st in the polls.

that should tell you sc has major talent. how does that dictate to the outcome of this game?

well if they show up, they should cover the spread pretty easily.

but that is the problem, will they show up?

i'm leaning towards sc atm but can't pull the trigger.
    SC was obviously overrated in pre season polls. Show me one game they've even looked like a top ten team?

RetardStrength

Quote Originally Posted by matt777s View Post
    SC was obviously overrated in pre season polls. Show me one game they've even looked like a top ten team?
    My sentiments exactly

"Heisman Watch" and dick sucking all through preseason and weeks 1-3, to not being talked about much at all...

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

so you think the books overrated these guys by that much? Enjoy a short sports betting career

matt777s

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    so you think the books overrated these guys by that much? Enjoy a short sports betting career
    Dude I will never go broke sports betting. Secondly I haven't lost a big bet all year
    SC= one of the most overrated teams every year. My bet this week is Bama and Oregon both-2 on a teaset. Take it to the bank. There is not a team in that joke of a conference on Oregon's level. By all means if you wanna waste money on SC money line go ahead. USC will be the same overrated, undisciplined, penalized team they've been every game this season.

TPowell

Dude I will never go broke sports betting. Secondly I haven't lost a big bet all year
    SC= one of the most overrated teams every year. My bet this week is Bama and Oregon both-2 on a teaset. Take it to the bank. There is not a team in that joke of a conference on Oregon's level. By all means if you wanna waste money on SC money line go ahead. USC will be the same overrated, undisciplined, penalized team they've been every game this season.

lol your big bet this week is a teaser? Yeah, I'm sure you're a winning sports bettor

matt777s

lol your big bet this week is a teaser? Yeah, I'm sure you're a winning sports bettor
    Yeah actually I am. It's a much better play than SC or LSU money line. Who's your big bet champ?

TPowell

Yeah actually I am. It's a much better play than SC or LSU money line. Who's your big bet champ?

One, it isn't a better play than the SC moneyline. Two, I don't make "big bets". I flat bet because I'm not a complete tool that will risk 5-10% of my roll on 1 game

matt777s

Ok champ we'll let the games settle that dispute. The thing for me is that sports betting and poker are hobbies thay I make money at. Easy money at that. Good luck with your games tomorrow.

TPowell

the games don't settle anything. Your big bet is a college football teaser. That pretty much disqualifies it from being a sharp play

Fridge79
    Fridge79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I like Oregon proving themselves in a big game on road. Their defense is much improved and they have much better depth than USC.

RG3ING
    RG3ING's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane1091 View Post
    Really bama defense is just as big an fast as the some of the weaker defenses in the league it's the SEC this is where most of the pro d line come from I would take bama d over my skins d everyday of the week!!!

RG3ING
    RG3ING's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Ok champ we'll let the games settle that dispute. The thing for me is that sports betting and poker are hobbies thay I make money at. Easy money at that. Good luck with your games tomorrow.
    I hope ur not saying poker is just like dports betting!!!!Poker isn't all gamble you donk what do you think Phil ivey an the rest our the luckiest gamblers in the world!!!

matt777s

the games don't settle anything. Your big bet is a college football teaser. That pretty much disqualifies it from being a sharp play
    Never said it was a sharp play. Just a winner and I would say yes the games tomorrow will prove me right or wrong

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

arkansas was in the top 10... thinking that louisville has some sort of a chance, you're the last one who should talk about short betting careers...

RetardStrength

I'm sorry but teasers are sucker bets. Books best friends play teasers. Look up percentages. How often does a tease make or break the line...? You'd be surprised. Bookies love it cause it screams value to the novice, untrained eye, while the juice is doubled and pushes lose... Just beware of teasing. More value in playing the spreads in two separate bets, slight edge in $$ to the one you have more confidence in...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

more the public thinks sc is overrated the more i lean towards sc.

not saying they will beat oregon but they have a decent chance at home.

how can you say a team is overrated when they have so much talent?

i think some of you are mixing up underachieving and being overrated.

RetardStrength

I agree with you. I'm not necessarily calling them flat out "overrated" I just think they were over-hyped in the beginning of the year by CFB analysts and I've yet to see that level of hype translated on the field, this year.

I'm riding the ducks solely on how impressed I am with their surge in defense. THIS will be the true test. They are more than capable of limiting USC. You KNOW they will put points on the scoreboard

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    arkansas was in the top 10... thinking that louisville has some sort of a chance, you're the last one who should talk about short betting careers...

they also lost their head coach, big difference clown

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

they also lost their head coach, big difference clown
    and yet, were still pre season ranked top 10... lsu was top 3 and who knows how far they are going to fall...michigan was 8...usc was top 3 and after this weekend they will be lucky to be top 25...do i need to make you look more stupid? ...anything else you need schooling on, son? let me know...

you came back to sbr and started a thread wondering what happened to the place...since you have come back, you have done nothing but embarrass yourself...and YOU wonder what happened? you used to have a bit of a clue

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    and yet, were still pre season ranked top 10... lsu was top 3 and who knows how far they are going to fall...michigan was 8...usc was top 3 and after this weekend they will be lucky to be top 25...do i need to make you look more stupid? ...anything else you need schooling on, son? let me know...

you came back to sbr and started a thread wondering what happened to the place...since you have come back, you have done nothing but embarrass yourself...and YOU wonder what happened? you used to have a bit of a clue

are you an idiot? Michigan was never loved that much by the oddsmakers which is the point.

matt777s

Quote Originally Posted by RG3ING View Post
    I hope ur not saying poker is just like dports betting!!!!Poker isn't all gamble you donk what do you think Phil ivey an the rest our the luckiest gamblers in the world!!!
    Did I anywhere say poker and sports betting were the same? I played poker for a living for four years tard so watch who you're calling a donk. Awesome that you can name phil ivey. You're real cool kid.

matt777s

So SC isn't overrated? Guess they are a bunch of overachievers? Start out #1 in the country and gonna have their 3rd loss after tomorrow. Nah that's not overrated. 2-6 against the spread. Overrated? Nah what waa I thinking

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

So SC isn't overrated? Guess they are a bunch of overachievers? Start out #1 in the country and gonna have their 3rd loss after tomorrow. Nah that's not overrated. 2-6 against the spread. Overrated? Nah what waa I thinking
    do you have problem with english?

they are underachieving.

why is that word so hard to understand?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: matt777s

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Parts of this thread are a fukking joke.

Ex NFL players.......guys whom have played on NCAA top level teams........and in the NFL..........have all said the same thing this week......(and I paraphrase) "the worst NFL team would steamroll Alabama by 50 points". Even NFL coaches.....guys like Pete Carroll.....have said the same thing....."game would be over after the first quarter" (again...paraphrasing).

Alabama is a great college football team........they would get ass-hammered by the worst NFL teams backups.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

BTW........matt777..........who's ghost are you kid?

matt777s

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    BTW........matt777..........who's ghost are you kid?
    Ghost?

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Yoo OP, I'm not one to do this normally, but you took the whole retard thing over the top in this thread, just a heads up. I think everyone will have an opinion on this line, because the Oregon backers think they will roll by 30, while the SC backers think they can win straight up. I don't see the spread going down to the wire, whoever is going to cover will be decided with plenty of time left. I'm rooting for USC so ND gets more credit when they beat 'em later this year. My opinion best play is no play here.

matt777s

do you have problem with english?

they are underachieving.

why is that word so hard to understand?
    It's a dumb argument. They suck either way. Started #1 and be lucky to end the season in the top 20. How is that not obvious? Please prove to me how they are underachieving and not overrated? The thing is you can't. So quit being an idiot and trying to have an invalid argument.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

USC is all a matter of perspective. If they are as talented as some think, then they've underachieved. Isn't it possible they're not quite so talented, the hype was based on reputation/history, thus over-rated? The "talent" hasn't been enough to overcome the lack of discipline, dumb penalties, etc. I personally hope Oregon jackhammers them a new asshole. Good luck either way.
    Points Awarded:

matt777s gave swordsandtequila 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

12 Last