eatdarich
    Yo Momma's Pimp
    eatdarich's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

VT -1 OVER Miami.....thoughts???????????????

I know VT hasn't won away from home all year and they have lost there last 6 in NFL stadiums, but there Thursday night ESPN and Nov. records are really good. Plus they control their destiny to get to the ACC championship game.

If they control the turnovers that Logan Thomas has been committing, they have good WR's and a decent running game. Plus Miami ranks like 116 in run defense.

Thoughts???????

GWOZOZO
    GWOZOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wait 'til it gets to pick'em. V-Tech shouldn't be favored away from home

Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Quote Originally Posted by GWOZOZO View Post
    Wait 'til it gets to pick'em. V-Tech shouldn't be favored away from home
    The other side of the argument - Miami shouldn't be favored at home - which is why Virginia Tech earned that distinction in the betting odds

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Miami ML

RalphWayne
    kKHAL KALASH
    RalphWayne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Im a huge HUGE Miami hurricanes fan but heres the problem. The D-line is very young (mostly sophmores and freshman) they have not had the time to strengthen up to the normal levels. People can run all day against miami. Miamis offensive line has the same problem, so they use a quick, pass heavy offense with Stephen Morris. This is a tough game to call. but also, Virginia Tech has TWO starters on their offensive line injured. to me, im taking MIAMI because of their overall team speed. i dont see VT being able to keep up with Florida teams well when they are at an equal level of competition. Morris is a better QB than Logan in my opinion.

the safest bet in this game would most likely be the OVER.
    Last edited by RalphWayne; 10-31-12 at 11:58 AM.

mrsolodolo21
    mrsolodolo21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7319

Quote Originally Posted by eatdarich View Post
    I know VT hasn't won away from home all year and they have lost there last 6 in NFL stadiums
    Over half of those games were bowl games and/or championship games. I don't really see how that's relevant. You can say that VT has been poor on the road, but to insinuate that playing in an NFL stadium will be a factor is misguided in my opinion.

RalphWayne
    kKHAL KALASH

With the "haven't won away from home thing" remember Cincinnati beat them on the LAST play of the game at fedex field

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by RalphWayne View Post
    Im a huge HUGE Miami hurricanes fan but heres the problem. The D-line is very young (mostly sophmores and freshman) they have not had the time to strengthen up to the normal levels. People can run all day against miami. Miamis offensive line has the same problem, so they use a quick, pass heavy offense with Stephen Morris. This is a tough game to call. but also, Virginia Tech has TWO starters on their offensive line injured. to me, im taking MIAMI because of their overall team speed. i dont see VT being able to keep up with Florida teams well when they are at an equal level of competition. Morris is a better QB than Logan in my opinion.

the safest bet in this game would most likely be the OVER.
    Go Canes!

Iceman@313
    Iceman@313's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

I know both teams have major flaws. But i think the miami def will show up somewhat at home on national television. With the spread being so low u gotta go withhome team esp in college football, just somethimg about playing at home in college football that brings out the best in a team. Im takin Miami +1.5 stupid not to take points. Gooo canes!!!!

RalphWayne
    kKHAL KALASH

miami is still tied for 1st in the Coastal Divsion so they are playing for keeps tomorrow.
    Last edited by RalphWayne; 11-01-12 at 01:57 AM.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

2 of the most unpredictable teams in the NCAA......I'll pass.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman@313 View Post
    I know both teams have major flaws. But i think the miami def will show up somewhat at home on national television. With the spread being so low u gotta go withhome team esp in college football, just somethimg about playing at home in college football that brings out the best in a team. Im takin Miami +1.5 stupid not to take points. Gooo canes!!!!
    1.5 points doesn't justify a big advantage here.

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

If you bet on Miami, you never watched them play this year. Their defense will phuck you so bad.

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

Iceman@313
    Iceman@313's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    1.5 points doesn't justify a big advantage here.
    Just saying take the points nd not ml. I lost the pitt syracuse game cuz i didnt take the spread which was like +1.5 for pitt nd they lost by one!!!!!

rjpickswinners
    rjpickswinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Unpredictable.