no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alabama -10 at LSU?

LSU ranked in the top five and double digit underdogs at Tiger Stadium?

Don't know how to figure this game at all.

Alabama might win 45-0 or LSU might actually eke out an ugly 13-9 (or something like that).

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Think the argument people made on Oklahoma blowing out ND applies here. Don't know the stats but LSU has looked terrible offensively whenever I've watched.

Square reasoning FTW, pal.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

I coulda sworn I saw -1.5 or something like that Monday morning...Then I looked this morning and saw -9.5...I was very confused, but chalked it up to me not actually looking at the line in the morning.

no gnu taxes

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    I coulda sworn I saw -1.5 or something like that Monday morning...Then I looked this morning and saw -9.5...I was very confused, but chalked it up to me not actually looking at the line in the morning.
    It might have been -10.5. It does look might most books do NOW have the game at -9.5

no gnu taxes

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Square reasoning FTW, pal.

Alabama 45-0 or LSU 13-9?

theAkathist
    theAkathist's Avatar Become A Pro!

not a tough game to call. alabama will win by 7-17 pts

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by no gnu taxes View Post
    Alabama 45-0 or LSU 13-9?
    Comfortable 17+ point victory for Alabama I'd guess.

no gnu taxes

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Comfortable 17+ point victory for Alabama I'd guess.
    Perhaps the sharp play would be to forego the sides altogether and just bet on a total of under 42.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Think bama gets knocked off this week.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i dont see LSU scoring enough to keep up. alabama is a machine this year.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

saban and his boys are going to unload their man juices onto lsu and their fans.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

As long as there are dummies who bet LSU +10 just because it's...LSU...the books can be happy, because this line is absolute shit and should be +14 or more.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

if bama can score 2 touchdowns, its game over. lsu isnt built to come from behind.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    As long as there are dummies who bet LSU +10 just because it's...LSU...the books can be happy, because this line is absolute shit and should be +14 or more.

So many said same about Oklahoma last week too

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

lets see if it hits -9

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

Quote Originally Posted by no gnu taxes View Post
    Perhaps the sharp play would be to forego the sides altogether and just bet on a total of under 42.
    Yea this....absolutely

PREMOSIX
    PREMOSIX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2483

bama rolls

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

LSU's offense doesn't have the firepower to score against Bama's D. Ugly win for Bama

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

This game reminds me a lot of the 2008 Alabama routing of Georgia. Lots of value on Alabama, even at -10. ESPN desperately wants this game to be competitive as they've been promoting it for 6 months and need max ratings. They have a story to sell, and that story is enough to move the line.

Reality is that Alabama has improved since last year's title game and LSU has regressed in every phase. I like the Tide by 20 points. Next week is when all the "best team ever" crap starts.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    This game reminds me a lot of the 2008 Alabama routing of Georgia. Lots of value on Alabama, even at -10. ESPN desperately wants this game to be competitive as they've been promoting it for 6 months and need max ratings. They have a story to sell, and that story is enough to move the line.

Reality is that Alabama has improved since last year's title game and LSU has regressed in every phase. I like the Tide by 20 points. Next week is when all the "best team ever" crap starts.
    Game is on CBS

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Game is on CBS
    Doesn't matter. ESPN has already dedicated hours of airtime this game, and if it's close, they can continue to talk about it for the rest of the year (like they did last year). They control the narrative, and an Alabama-LSU rivalry remains a very profitable angle. They overplay Alabama's opponents because that's what sells.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

First spread I saw was -9.5, then 10.5, 10 for a while now back to 9.5. Pass for me soo far. Lines reducing my number of plays in general this week.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Under 42.5 here. I don't know how LSU is going to score and Alabama won't have an easy time vs. the LSU defense either.

tiger_bait
    tiger_bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11442

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post

Doesn't matter. ESPN has already dedicated hours of airtime this game, and if it's close, they can continue to talk about it for the rest of the year (like they did last year). They control the narrative, and an Alabama-LSU rivalry remains a very profitable angle. They overplay Alabama's opponents because that's what sells.

I really can not buy any of this. The line is right where is should be. It is hard to believe that ESPN can woo the line lower when all the analysis and experts on espn have been talking on how bad LSU's offense is and how unbeatable this Alabama team is. ESPN coverage of this game has been right around what it should be, by the simple fact, that this was last years national title game and this game will decide the west. That is pretty important since the SEC is on an incredible run with national titles and the winner of this game has a decent to great shot of being there again depending on who is victorious. ESPN however does not need this game for ratings though----there is no conspiracy here. Notre Dame produces ratings when talked about and they talk about it. USC Oregon produces ratings when talked about and they have been talking about it. Any top team going into death valley when LSU is the number 5 team in the bcs will be hyped not just by espn but by anybody. ESPN is not pumping up LSU. They are the number 5 team in the bcs and was in last years national title game.

The fact is LSU is a very tough place to play and they are extremely good at running the ball and playing great defense. Alabama has yet to play a decent road test this year and have given up sacks this year(something LSU at home with thier defensive front can def take advantage of)--Mingo and Mont are both first rounders and all thier dline starters will be in the NFL. I am not saying LSU wins this game but to think that -10 is some kinda lock is crazy in my opinion. LSU has plenty of NFL talent and Mett is still developing and I doubt he has reached his climax yet.

The public will pound Alabama(last I saw it was around 70 percent) and the sharps will take LSU...the line will stay at 10 right where it should be.

coachcfb1
    coachcfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

From a huge Alabama fan, so take it for what is worth, but I feel like this game will be a 17-6 or maybe a 20-9 type of game in Alabama's favor. Alabama should be able to score at least one or two touchdowns, but I just really feel like LSU (unless it is a special teams or TRICK play TD) won't be able to put the ball in the end zone.

The line is right on at 10 points. As much as I would like to see Bama score 30 something points, I just do not see it happening against LSU's defense in Baton Rouge.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    You wish that would happen so ND doesn't get destroyed by Bama in BCSNCG

RalphWayne
    kKHAL KALASH
    RalphWayne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

IF you know nick saban, you know he's a defensive coach. the run game of LSU has kept them in every game so far. knowing this Alabama is going to STACK the box with those monster linebackers and make Mittenburger beat them. Dee Milliner is the best cornerback in the country (arguably) and he's at his best in when able to play physical (he's a 6 foot 1 inch corner for god sakes) man coverage is going to be a lock. the Lester and Sunseri are a great safety combo. It'll be a LONG night in death valley if youre a Tiger.

EDIT: watching ESPN CJ mosley and Nico Johnson (Alabama's best LBs) just said exactly what i posted earlier on College Football Daily.
    Last edited by RalphWayne; 10-31-12 at 12:22 PM.